[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

New Orleans

Clubfoothead

Well we will be visiting your city this weekend.

My layoff has been backed up a few months (probably 4-9) and I have a seminar to attend on Monday and Tuesday. I don't fly so the boss rents me a car. It's cheaper than a last minute flight anyways. The hotel room costs the same with my wife and 4 year old.

We will be driving from Dallas, departing sometime Saturday mid-day. I was born in Alexandria but we moved when I was 6 months old. I have had this strange fascination with returning to the swampy bog far far away from which I hatched a long long time ago. We can also get into the zoo there for free. We will probably get to New Orleans late afternoon/evening on Sunday. It looks like about 350 miles give or take from Alexandria.

The conference is too important for me to miss any but I'll definitely feel like doing grabbing something to eat/seeing the area (we are staying downtown I guess - St. Charles Avenue near the Ritz on Canal where the seminar is located. I got the Clarion St. something. Anyways, if yer on the route or in the Crescent City and feel like hooking up, let me know. We are on a tight budget because every extra penny we have goes for medical bills now but I get reimbursed all of my expenses and a $150.00 cash for misc. expenses which is usually used for cab fare and so on but I still get it so that'll pretty much cover the wife and daughter. We'll get pizza delivered one night and that whole meal can be reimbursed. And the baby's cardiologist has given us the thumbs up. She gave me the distinct impression we won't be doing any pleasure travel for the next 18 months if everything is going well with that.

Nobody inconvenience themselves but I'm always up for meeting huddlers. I've met 7 of you now and it has always been a blast so if your up for it and schedules permit, I'm in.

Well we will be visiting your city this weekend.

My layoff has been backed up a few months (probably 4-9) and I have a seminar to attend on Monday and Tuesday. I don't fly so the boss rents me a car. It's cheaper than a last minute flight anyways. The hotel room costs the same with my wife and 4 year old.

We will be driving from Dallas, departing sometime Saturday mid-day. I was born in Alexandria but we moved when I was 6 months old. I have had this strange fascination with returning to the swampy bog far far away from which I hatched a long long time ago. We can also get into the zoo there for free. We will probably get to New Orleans late afternoon/evening on Sunday. It looks like about 350 miles give or take from Alexandria.

The conference is too important for me to miss any but I'll definitely feel like doing grabbing something to eat/seeing the area (we are staying downtown I guess - St. Charles Avenue near the Ritz on Canal where the seminar is located. I got the Clarion St. something. Anyways, if yer on the route or in the Crescent City and feel like hooking up, let me know. We are on a tight budget because every extra penny we have goes for medical bills now but I get reimbursed all of my expenses and a $150.00 cash for misc. expenses which is usually used for cab fare and so on but I still get it so that'll pretty much cover the wife and daughter. We'll get pizza delivered one night and that whole meal can be reimbursed. And the baby's cardiologist has given us the thumbs up. She gave me the distinct impression we won't be doing any pleasure travel for the next 18 months if everything is going well with that.

Nobody inconvenience themselves but I'm always up for meeting huddlers. I've met 7 of you now and it has always been a blast so if your up for it and schedules permit, I'm in.

I will pm you my phone # give me a call and we can hook up for some drinks. would love to meet ya.

Have a great time, Clubby. Lord knows you and the family could certainly use some time away. And what better spot than in New Orleans.

Go have coffee and a beignet at Cafe du Monde across from Jackson Square and while you're in the area, check out St. Louis Cathedral. It's awe-inspiring for anyone regardless of faith.

There are plenty of Huddlers down tharrr that'll show ya around, for sure. Have a terrific time and try leaving a few Hand Grenades for me. :D

I was there last weekend. Saw Sean Payton give away the game in person. :D

Have fun, Club.

It looks like about 350 miles give or take from Alexandria.

If you're talking about the distance between Alexandria and New Orleans, it's not nearly that far. Probably just a little over 200 miles or so.