[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Week 16 Gamblers (Anonymous) Thread

Steeltown Dre

Do you want to post 2 threads ?One for non football ? As far as us tailing that guy and him going a little cold last night I think we all have the understanding that there is never hard feelings when a posted play doesnt come through. We all appreciate the insight and goal here and thats for all of us to disect these games and try and make some coin together. I have been pretty hot with those 1st period unders in the nhl and the minute GDawg tailed me I dropped 2. ( I still feel bad about that )We can start a nonfootball thread over in the nonfootball forum . Or if we dont want to lose focus we can just continue what we do in football and drop an occasional tip in once in a while. Either way you guys are all good in my book and this thread is one of my favorites.

No hard feelings ever! We're all here to help each other and if a play doesn't come through, it doesn't come through; such is life.

I'd be cool with another thread, or just posting all plays here, either one works for me. There aren't THAT many hot guys out there (IMHO), don't think this thread would become too cluttered, but if you guys feel differently we can just create another thread.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No hard feelings ever! We're all here to help each other and if a play doesn't come through, it doesn't come through; such is life.

I'd be cool with another thread, or just posting all plays here, either one works for me. There aren't THAT many hot guys out there (IMHO), don't think this thread would become too cluttered, but if you guys feel differently we can just create another thread.

I did OK in college but I have gained a lot of weight

Good stuff guys. Personally I'm fine either way as well. A post or 2 a day in this thread on a hot capper is OK w/ me - I usually come straight in here when returning to the board, so it would be faster and easier. I guess in the offseason someone could start one in the other forum, but I'll leave that up to you guys. Typically I make a play or two here and there, but during the offseason I catch back up on what I missed out on during the season, and when I'm ready to get back to work I look more at working on my systems and studying trends and what not. So between February and the summer, I probably will be pretty absent from these boards, but will check in from time to time, so it would be best for someone else to start threads on misc plays during that time.

Good stuff guys. Personally I'm fine either way as well. A post or 2 a day in this thread on a hot capper is OK w/ me - I usually come straight in here when returning to the board, so it would be faster and easier. I guess in the offseason someone could start one in the other forum, but I'll leave that up to you guys. Typically I make a play or two here and there, but during the offseason I catch back up on what I missed out on during the season, and when I'm ready to get back to work I look more at working on my systems and studying trends and what not. So between February and the summer, I probably will be pretty absent from these boards, but will check in from time to time, so it would be best for someone else to start threads on misc plays during that time.

Ok, if it works for you guys, we'll just post plays here through the SB, then we'll move it over to another forum. It sounds like a lot of guys around here like hoops so we'll keep it rolling :D

I've looked closer at St. Louis and how they do in the 1st half vs. the 2nd half. It's obvious, but here's how it looks anyhow, just in their home games

Car, lost by 14 on a -1 line

Margin at the half: Winning 10-7

2nd half score: 3-20

SF, lost by 1 on a -3 line

Margin at the half: Winning 13-7

2nd half score: 3-10

Ari, lost by 3 on a +3.5 line

Margin at the half: Losing 13-17

2nd half score: 18-17

Cle, lost by 7 on a +3 line

Margin at the half: Tied 17-17

2nd half score: 3-10

Sea, lost by 5 on a +3 line

Margin at the half: Winning 19-7

2nd half score: 0-17

Atl, won by 12 on a -3 line

Margin at the half: Winning 21-0

2nd half score: 7-16

GB, lost by 19 on a +7 line

Margin at the half: Losing 14-17

2nd half score: 0-16

In every single one of those games, though they went 2-5 ATS, they were covering a 1st half line w/ the exception of Arizona.

And in every single game save for the Arizona game, they were outscored. And look at what they are putting up: 3, 3, 3, 0, 7, 0

Looking at the numbers collectively, including the Ari game, they avg 15.3 points in the first half and allow 10.3. But in the 2nd half, they avg 4.9 and allow 15.1. And there goes the ballgame.

Not a team you want your money on for a full game, that is for sure, at least based on what they have done at home this year.

The only problem w/ feeling great w/ a StL 1st half bet is the Steelers on the road have done more damage in the 1st half than the 2nd. But it hasn't been overwhelming:

Pit averages 12 points in the 1st half and allows 9.5. In the second half, they avg 9.5 and allow 10.8.

Another factor as I think about this game could be the defensive schemes. Of course StL prepared in the offseason for this game, as they have not faced Pit since 03 and that was with a different coaching staff. ILinehan was w/ the Dolphins in 05 but didn't face the Steelers, and w/ the Vikings in 02-04 but didn't face the Steelers.

t takes some time to prepare for a LeBeau blitzing defense, and we'll see what StL has been able to do in this short week. Obviously, they could make some halftime adjustments if something isn't working on their O-Line/RB to pick up these blitzers. Which is why they may run as much as they can as long as it is effective.

Right now you could get StL +5.5 for the 1st half. If you like the Rams to cover 7.5 or 8 for the game, I would suggest also placing a 1st half bet. I really don't see them charging back if they are down at the half to get a cover. You never know, of course, and that could happen. It just does not seem very likely based on the rest of the season.

LVTR:

LAS VEGAS TECH REPORT (LVTR): PITTSBURGH STEELERS vs SAINT LOUIS RAMS

Play: PITTSBURGH STEELERS -7 ( BUY HOOK IF NEEDED)

Comments: LAS VEGAS TECH REPORT (LVTR) SELECTION: PITTSBURGH STEELERS -7 ( BUY HOOK IF NEEDED) We are being very line specific in this selection. You may need to pay a little more as we are purchasing into a key number but will be well worth the insurance poilicy. WRITEUP TO FOLLOW SOON

LAS VEGAS TECH REPORT (LVTR): NAVY vs UTAH

Play: NAVY +8

Comments: LAS VEGAS TECH REPORT (LVTR) SELECTION: NAVY +8

I saw that one - strange that they want you to buy the hook so strongly - they must see close, 1 score game. Rarely see that from LVTR. Though they aren't quite as hot lately, they have gone 35-12 since 10/1/07.

Another one from the maui experts to get is the Straley group. They only do totals, and have an NFL total for tonight. I don't see them much, so I don't know if they like overs or unders, but I hope they are on the under. They are solid but hard to get.

I saw that one - strange that they want you to buy the hook so strongly - they must see close, 1 score game. Rarely see that from LVTR. Though they aren't quite as hot lately, they have gone 35-12 since 10/1/07.

Another one from the maui experts to get is the Straley group. They only do totals, and have an NFL total for tonight. I don't see them much, so I don't know if they like overs or unders, but I hope they are on the under. They are solid but hard to get.

I found it odd too, they must see a pretty close game.

Leaning towards their Navy pick, this game is in SD which will make it almost a home game for Navy. Utah does have good solid defense, but I can see Navy hanging within 8 points.

Strange that for the Cin/Cle game, the % of rain increased from 41% to 60% from what was listed yesterday, but now they are forecasting "partly clouty" as opposed to "chance of snow".

NE/Mia has stayed about the same.

Chi/GB: less wind, less chance of rain, but colder

Buf/NY: more wind, more rain, colder

I definitely like a Chi over 35 bet right now. It will be around 8pm or so tonight when I can get some other sources to confirm the winds situation there. From what I can see, the winds increase a lot between 6pm Sat night and midnight, and then slowly drop to around 20mph for 6am, but not sure if the continue to drop over the day as the image above shows or not.

Bears is now at 35 and it could be because of Orton more than the weather. But the weather isn't looking too bad, so I think the over deserves a look, and I'm not sure how much more it could drop.

The Pats/Mia has gone up to 45 after being around 43 yesterday.

The Cle/Cin is about the same as yesterday, and the NYG/Buf has dropped further to 32.5, which makes sense as the weather is projecting worse than yesterday.

Right now I'd hold off on the Buf/NYG Over, as that weather is getting worse, and w/ the total dropping, you'd get a better number later.

These 4 games have already taken some value out due to the weather, that is why unlike taking unders last week, I'm looking at taking overs in a few of them.

Right now the top candidates are GB/Chi, with a wait on Cle/Cin (but like the over there too). Those are my 2 top priorities of getting some good numbers by the end of today or tomorrow. I'll look at NE but not sure about the winds there yet.

Robert Ferringo

5-Unit Play. Take #710 Duke (-5) over Pittsburgh (7 p.m., Thursday, Dec. 20)

Note: If your book is offering -5.5 I recommend buying the hook. This is our Game of the Week.

Yes, this should be a tight game. But Duke has been, to me, the most consistently impressive team in the country. They destroyed Wisconsin and they handled Marquette, while Pitt’s top win might be at a pathetic Washington team. The Blue Devils don’t fare well against the Big East but they do play well in The Garden. I think they have an edge on the perimeter, can hold their own on the boards, and you know they’re going to get every call so why fight it. This will be a one- or two-possession game most of the way but Duke will pull away with free throws late for the cover.

3-Unit Play. Take #733 SE Missouri State (-4) over Jacksonville State (8:30 p.m., Thursday, Dec. 20)

Jacksonville is yet to beat a Division I-A team and they just lost their top post player to academics for the second half of the year. SEMS actually shot horrendously at Samford on Tuesday but was still able to grind out a win. They are bigger and more athletic and are 3-0 in conference play to this point. I think they have too much for the worst team in the OVC tonight and that they take this one down.

3-Unit Play. Take #716 Oklahoma (-2) over Gonzaga (9 p.m., Thursday, Dec. 20)

Matt Bouldin has a sore ankle and Jeremy Pargo has a hyperextended knee for the Bulldogs. Not having those two players - or having them slowed by injuries any significant amount - that negates Gonzaga's perimeter edge and should leave them vulnerable to Oklahoma's powerful inside game. The Sooners will be playing in front of a rowdy home crowd and I think they get the boost they need to take down the road-weary Bulldogs.

2-Unit Play. TEASER: Take #735 Cal State-Fullerton (-1.5) over Montana (10 p.m., Thursday, Dec. 20) AND Take #726 St. Mary’s (-3.5) over Tulane (10 p.m., Thursday, Dec. 20)

Note: Haven't broken out the Teaser in awhile so I thought I've toss one out to you Internet players.

The Titans won this game by nine points in Montana a few weeks ago and there’s no reason to think that they won’t be able to repeat the feat at home against sagging Montana. The Grizz aren’t as bad as they’re playing but they also shouldn’t be able to keep up with this explosive CS-F squad.

The Gaels have not played well on the road this season but I think they are still far too talented not to take it too the Green Wave here. Tulane is coming off a hard-earned win over an Indiana State team that’s poor on the road so I think they’re ripe for a dud. Tulane has lost its last two road games to teams that aren’t better than St. Mary’s by an average of 13.5 points. I’m looking for another double-digit defeat this evening.

That's it for today. Good luck.

Seabass e-mail:

Hi guys:

I have only written to you three times this season when something big was about to happen... 300* College Game of my life won on 11/3 with OREGON - 8 over Arizona State. Then 300* JAX crushed Buffalo ..and finally INDY waxed Balt three weeks ago on Sunday night...The fourth one of the season is ready to go tonight between PITT and STL.

Fooball clients are up over 250 K playing 100* per star this season, and I am ready to add to the profits tonight.

And the play is...

SEABASS CONFIRMED

300 PITT/STL UNDER44

Man, I was on this play since the line came out. Like to be on the same side...

Mitch Sargen____________________________100*_______________________Steeler

Sport Game and Time Money Play________100*_____________________Pittsburgh -7.5

CHARLIES SPORTS MEMBERS SECTION______20*_____________________Pittsburgh-7'

Kodiak________________________________5___________________________ Pitt -7

Vegas Sports Experts________________NFL Power Play_____________Pittsburgh (-7.5)

Odds Makers Error_____________________________________________Pittsburgh -7.5

DUNKEL__________________________________________________Pittsburgh (-7 1/2)

LVTR_________________________________Pittsburgh Steelers -7 ( Buy hook if needed)

MARK FOX____________________________________________________Steelers -7.5

Jack Clayton ____________________5-Star Blowout_________________________Rams

Drew Gordon______________________________50,000♦_____________________Rams

Michael Cannon___________________________5 Dime______________________Rams

Black Magic Sports___________________4 Unit BEST BET_______________St. Louis +8

Winners Edge _________________________2 units_______________St Louis Rams +7.5

Sports Rep'r _____________________________________Pittsburgh over *St. Louis by 6

Guaranteed Picks_________________________________________________St.Louis +8

MARK FRANCO_____________________________________________________Rams +8

American Sports________________________comp________________________St. Louis

Cappers Access_________________________comp__________________________Rams

Cappers Watchdog______________________comp__________________St. Louis (+7.5)

CHARLIES SPORTS MEMBERS SECTION_______20*_________Pittsburgh/St.Louis over 43' Kodiak_________________________________5_________________________ Pitt over

FAT JACK SPORTS_____________________________________Pittsburgh/St. Louis o43.5

Arthur Ralph___________________________comp____________Over the total SL Rams

Ben Burns_____________________Total of the year_________________Steelers Under

Zen Gambler NFL Monster Lock____________250*___________Steelers-Rams under 43.5

Sport Game and Time Money Play_________75*________________________Under 44

Wolkosky Milan__________________________10*_______________-Pit/StL Under 43½

Vegas Runner __________** 2* NFL TOTAL WAGER ** ___________StL/Pitt Under 44.0

Head Waiter Sports______________________________________Pitt-St Louis Under 44

Rocketman Sports______________________________________________Under 44 1/2

STELLERS

ATS Financial.

Yankee Capper

kodiak

Mitch Sargen

Sport Game and Time Money Play

CHARLIES SPORTS

Vegas Sports Experts

Odds Makers Error

DUNKEL

LVTR

MARK FOX

PayifyouwiN

Private Players

Gameday

RAMS

IndianCowboy,

LANG

K garrett

Carolina Sports

Platinum Sheet

Chris Jordan

Dr Chad

LEFTY

Black Magic

Cappers Watchdog

Cappers Access

American Sports

MARK FRANCO

Guaranteed Picks

Winners Edge

Michael Cannon

Drew Gordon

Jack Clayton

spritzer

Tony Mathews

OVER

CHARLIES SPORTS

Kodiak

FAT JACK SPORTS

Arthur Ralph

Private Players

UNDER

Atslocks.com

Yankee Capper

SEABASS *300

Rocketman Sports

zen gambler

Wolkosky Milan

Ben Burns

Sport Game and Time Money Play

Vegas Runner

Head Waiter Sports

DR BOB

SMI Picks

Lang is on the Rams, 5 Dime play.

Hallelujah. I'm on the Steelers.

So many of these guys have large plays on the Under. Usually I don't like that. I'd rather they have some regular plays on it... but oh well, hope it still hits.

Ben Burns_____________________Total of the year_________________Steelers Under

Seabass_______________________300*_________________________PITT/STL UNDER44

Zen Gambler NFL Monster Lock____________250*___________Steelers-Rams under 43.5

Sport Game and Time Money Play_________75*________________________Under 44

Wolkosky Milan__________________________10*_______________-Pit/StL Under 43½

Atslocks.com___________________5 unit_______________Steelers/Rams Under 43

Vegas Runner __________** 2* NFL TOTAL WAGER ** ___________StL/Pitt Under 44.0

Yankee Capper___________________2 Units___________Pittsburgh/St. Louis Under 43 ½

Lefty Rosenthal________________________SB___________________________UNDER 44

Head Waiter Sports______________________________________Pitt-St Louis Under 44

Rocketman Sports______________________________________________Under 44 1/2

Dr Bob___________________________________________Pitt 20 St. Lou 13 Under 44.0

SMI Picks____________________________________________________Under 43

I really do hate making my bets early in the week, and then seeing touts (be they good or bad) placing "Game of the Year", "Lock of the Decade" and other huge plays on my side. Even if they are good names, it just does not make me feel comfortable about my bet.

Would the total have gone under w/ Willie? I don't think it would have made much difference - Dump Truck got plenty of runs and was productive. Over wins and a loss is a loss. I didn't play it any harder than my normal system, but it still is nice to w/ these Thurs and Sat night games to get a few wins in before the week starts, like I did last week.

OK, let's refocus on this weekend's games.