[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Cooking Goose

peteteacher2001

My god son is an avid hunter and just dropped off about 10 deboned breasts of goose. I think that's how you would phrase that.

Anyways, what are some of the ways I approach this? This is the one place I knew I could get a variety of recipes.

thanks in advance

Pete

goose is something i have not prepared.i have to imagine that it cooks somewhere between a duck and turkey..... a guess would be rendering it and applying "duck type" recipes..... daugther is sick... will do some more research later..... det should be along to help out at some point

appologies

I make jerky with all of my geese or like your god son, I give them to people that will take them!!

wurd

try marinating them in some balsamic, lemon juice and garlic and other stuff and then rapping them in bacon and grilling them.. be sure not to over cook

Also never cooked a goose breast. How think is the layer of fat on one side? If it's at least 1/3 inch thick, I would, like Bier, use common duck breast technique. Score the fat with a sharp knife creating a criss-cross pattern in the fat without going all the way through to the meat.

Cook in a heavy skillet over medium heat skin side down, pour off the rendered fat along the way. Every now and then, turn over to meat side for a minute or so. After the fat has rendered away, turn over and finish on the skin side. If it's really big, you might want to finish it in an oven. None the less, like, I believe Yukon said, don't over cook it.

Also never cooked a goose breast. How think is the layer of fat on one side? If it's at least 1/3 inch thick, I would, like Bier, use common duck breast technique. Score the fat with a sharp knife creating a criss-cross pattern in the fat without going all the way through to the meat.

Cook in a heavy skillet over medium heat skin side down, pour off the rendered fat along the way. Every now and then, turn over to meat side for a minute or so. After the fat has rendered away, turn over and finish on the skin side. If it's really big, you might want to finish it in an oven. None the less, like, I believe Yukon said, don't over cook it.

wild geese you make sure fat is all removed

Hey, thanks guys. I didn't get a chance to do that last weekend, my Dad was in a car accident but all is well, and am going to do this for the Conference Championships. I have 4 different kinds that I am going to do and will report the results on Monday.

Hey, thanks guys. I didn't get a chance to do that last weekend, my Dad was in a car accident but all is well, and am going to do this for the Conference Championships. I have 4 different kinds that I am going to do and will report the results on Monday.

Keep the pizza guys number handy!

Well, the goose turned out fantastico!!! WOW! Marinated in the following and then wrapped in home smoked hickory bacon. 2 different marinades both equally good.

This would work for just about anything

1/2 cup soy sauce

1 cup sweetened pineapple juice

1T brown sugar

2T veg oil

1T ginger

1t accent

1/3t garic powder

3-4 good shakes of Tony Cacheres creole seasoning

Here's the other.

1C veg oil

3/4C soy sauce

1/2C vinegar

1t sugar

2tsp Dry Mustard

1tsp Pepper

1/2tsp Garlic powder

1C sweetened pineapple juice

Marinade for at least 2 days for either one. As I said, I wrapped 2inch by 1inch nuggets in fresh hickory smoked bacon. Grill till bacon is done. Delish!!! No pizza delivery guy needed or nothin.

Pete