[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

WCOFF Champ

BillyBalata

I'm not saying the strategy of taking two wrs there is a bad one. I would have done the same thing if I had the #1 pick. I'm saying...1. I believe there were better wrs there at that point, or he could have had those two a little later in the draft. 2. Those were clearly his best two wrs on this roster and didn't really help him during the season. Yet he still made the playoffs and then they were a big help.

I also realize that in Wcoff scoring that wrs went off the board early. But I still feel that there would be better wrs at 24 and 25 then those two. If not, then there had to be some good rbs left. I can probably see Andre going there, I suppose. But Boldin? What did he do at the end of 2006 with Leinart at QB to make anyone think he was worthy of the 3.1 pick?

I think you are lacking the appreciation on how fast WRs typically start going on the board in WCOFF. Both Boldin and Johnson were thought of as pretty concrete Tier 2 type WRs. You start getting down to guys like Reggie Brown and Deion Branch as viable options pretty darn quick. As far as good RBs being available in his position....youl have to start 3-4 WRs throughout the year. There were a lot of good RB options that totally ended up sucking this year.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You can bet whoever had Smith, Harrison,Holt, Boldin didn,t do to well this year. Unless you were waiver wire king

We got Smith in the 2.5 and did very well. We got Grant on the waiver wire, but we had a deep team with viable starting options to debate on from Week 1 through Week 16 while other teams were scratching to put tougher a starting lineup at certain points of the season. If Smith would have had a normal year....things could have been significantly better for us.

I think you are lacking the appreciation on how fast WRs typically start going on the board in WCOFF. Both Boldin and Johnson were thought of as pretty concrete Tier 2 type WRs. You start getting down to guys like Reggie Brown and Deion Branch as viable options pretty darn quick. As far as good RBs being available in his position....youl have to start 3-4 WRs throughout the year. There were a lot of good RB options that totally ended up sucking this year.

To a degree I think you are correct as this is my first year in a PPR with a full point awarded. I have been in 1/2 pt league for several years though. But yea, I caught on pretty quick that a full pt adds up some wrs pts pretty quick. I guess I can see Andre going that high, possibly. ( i did draft him myself in 3 leagues :D )

But if you're saying, Smith, TO, Chad, Holt, Fitz,(we got Fitz at 3.2 i believe) Harrison, Wayne are all gone at 2.12 and 3.1...then I can see someone needing to grab Andre here, but if those 7 wrs are already gone, there's got to be a pretty good rb sitting there as well. (We got MJD here) And other wrs I'd take over Boldin....at least at the time of the draft, Roy Williams, Housh, Driver, Plax, Colston, Moss...

But what do i know, he won, not me. :D

My other trophy winner had Big Ben at the helm. He's the definition of what Big Country was laying down.

Wurd wurd...Big Ben was our starting QB from day one, and he was the 11th QB taken off the board. BC was a part of the brain trust in our WCOFF league. We specifically targeted Romo and Ben, as guys going later that were great value relative to all the QB reaches. Sure, FF has a lot of luck...but our team was one of the few that did some damage without Brady, Moss, Romo, or Owens. I attribute that to BC, Darin3, GTS, Chargerz, and Skippy, with our multiple teleconferences leading up to the draft....but I sure wish we would have had some of the aforementioned players... :D