[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

WCOFF Champ

BillyBalata

But, why??

My guess is that it has something to do with preseason injuries and not having to deal with waiver wire during the preseason. I don't really see what the big concern is. :D

Why not?...I'd rather be in Vegas opening weekend of football then the weekend before and I'm sure they would take a financial hit doing that.

This is probably the main reason right here. Nothing like playing in the largest fantasy football league in the world while drafting on opening weekend.

Edited by twiley

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually it really doesn't make them that much more valuable.

Big Country...this is your cue.

4pt vs. 6 pt TDs has an extremely minimal affect on overall QB value. Been hashed, rehashed, backed up and proven several times over, so, without the desire to pull up old posts on the matter or the desire to retype out all of the reasons, I'll just stand by the statement.

Actually it really doesn't make them that much more valuable.

Big Country...this is your cue.

ok ok ok... hoooold on there. My only point was: that people probably valued Brady more in my leagues because QB's scored better than in WCOFF scoring. That's it. Right or wrong. I didn't take him Round 2 (maybe I should have in hindsight?), but he was always gone after that round.

I don't need no Big Country lectures on the "value" of FF QB's. And I wasn't lookin to start any ruckus.

:D

4pt vs. 6 pt TDs has an extremely minimal affect on overall QB value. Been hashed, rehashed, backed up and proven several times over, so, without the desire to pull up old posts on the matter or the desire to retype out all of the reasons, I'll just stand by the statement.

I was too late.

I believe you. Perception is reality. Get in leagues with people that perceive a QB to be worth more, they get drafted higher. All I'm sayin.

Makes QB's more valuable. How many points they score matters.

Actually, in terms of value, it is how many points more than their counterparts that they score in comparison to how much the players at other positions outscore their counterparts. As a whole, QBs score relatively close. There are generally 2-3 that are well ahead of the pack, then a group of anywhere from 5-10 that will put up very similar stats. Problem is, there is a lot of turnover as to who those top 3 will be (though Manning is very consistently among them, though even when he set the TD record he came in 2nd to Culpepper in QB scoring in most leagues), thus a lot of risk in gambling early on a QB as it is generally easy to find one later in the draft that will put up solid points, and gambling and missing on the position where you only start one of said position is creating a high risk situation for a generally low value position.

I was too late.

I believe you. Perception is reality. Get in leagues with people that perceive a QB to be worth more, they get drafted higher. All I'm sayin.

And these are the kinds of leagues that can be gold mines. Owners taking low value, high risk players early on while you can load up on additional higher value players (RBs and to some extent WRs) while getting similarly producing QBs later on.

And these are the kinds of leagues that can be gold mines. Owners taking low value, high risk players early on while you can load up on additional higher value players (RBs and to some extent WRs) while getting similarly producing QBs later on.

So what you are saying is I need to get in more leagues with the Professor and Sturphy? :D

So what you are saying is I need to get in more leagues with the Professor and Sturphy? :D

:wacko:

C'mon in the water's fine...

Actually, I'm going to shake it up big time next season. 4 of those leagues were casual and aren't serious enough for me anymore. I'd like to jump in leagues with Huddlers next season.

Every year the obsession grows, and not everyone is growing as obsessed with me. :D

I didn't take him Round 2 (maybe I should have in hindsight?), but he was always gone after that round.

I just re-read what I wrote here and felt the need to clarify (before someone throws it at me in 5 months). I took Brady with the 25th pick (1st 3rd rnd) in one of my leagues. And that team rocked it's way to the trophy.

My other trophy winner had Big Ben at the helm. He's the definition of what Big Country was laying down.

In my local going into the final week we were all tied up to see who went to the playoffs....funy thing was the guy that had the worst record in the local had LT who really turned it on....needless to say he started rolling and knocked us all out of the picture and won the whole damn thing plus the money.....what really makes it even more bitter, he picked WR, WR, after his first pick of LT....and to make matters worse...he walks in with a 3 month old newspaper to do the draft, while all of us are trying to hook our computers up at Hooters........Note to self, dont hold a draft for 5 hours at hooters or a gentlemens club.........on top of that, he also took Boldin and Johnson.........who were out all season........The injury to RB killed the whole league......only 2 guys went RB, WR, WR....they both ended up playing for the title.....I believe I read in some early posts or commentary here on the Huddle that a new strat do to teams opening it up might be to go that route......of course I did not listen and went RB Parker....RB Henry...then R. Brown was sitting there in the 3rd round.....I had to take him....pretty much had it wrapped up with Brown and Henry.....Used the rest on Colston, Marshall, Hackett....dont need to tell you Huddlers that Ronnie went down, Henry got to high and hurt his knee.....Colston didn't turn it on till the final weeks.....Hackett was out half the season.....comes back has a big game, then gets hurt......Marshall played fine all year........HAd davis as a TE and he was out most of the season...only guy to get me points was M. Crosby a Kicker.....QB...had Roth and Kitna.....Kitna started off strong...then I switched to Roth and he had some grat numbers, but then the weather changed and him and Parker basically killed my chance at not making the playoffs for the first time in 5 years.....

I think the peeper stated it best......This has to be the worst year ever......and to think, I had been putting things together since I lost the SB last year..........

Oh well, another year to plan.............and only luck will get you there........

And I thought this was supposed to be a "shark" league? :D Come on .... Tom Brady in the 4th? :D

nice hindsight, dude...but heading into this year's draft peyton, carson AND brees were all generally rated higher than TB. and at wcoff, where WR's are a premium due to PPR, and rb's fly off the board like normal, qb's generally go a little later...so brady at 4.1, while a steal in hindsight, was about right at the time

nice hindsight, dude...but heading into this year's draft peyton, carson AND brees were all generally rated higher than TB. and at wcoff, where WR's are a premium due to PPR, and rb's fly off the board like normal, qb's generally go a little later...so brady at 4.1, while a steal in hindsight, was about right at the time

We thought getting Palmer at 4.3 was a steal. But then again we also thought Thomas Jones at 3.10 was a good deal as well :D

NO! This is about some dumbass who took Andre Johnson in the 2nd round and Anquan Boldin in the 3rd round and won 300 grand.

Whereas, a group of us much smarter huddlers took Sjax, MJD, Fitz in the first 3 rounds and finished 5-6 :D

I took Gore with the 6th pick and then backed that up with Steve Smith in the 2nd and Andre in the 3rd and won my local. I also took Gore in the 1st and Holt/Owens with my next 2 picks in the Huddle Ladder league and went 10-4. THey aren't the WCOFF by no mean, but I am just sayin' that strategy can pay off sometimes.

I took Gore with the 6th pick and then backed that up with Steve Smith in the 2nd and Andre in the 3rd and won my local. I also took Gore in the 1st and Holt/Owens with my next 2 picks in the Huddle Ladder league and went 10-4. THey aren't the WCOFF by no mean, but I am just sayin' that strategy can pay off sometimes.

I'm not saying the strategy of taking two wrs there is a bad one. I would have done the same thing if I had the #1 pick. I'm saying...1. I believe there were better wrs there at that point, or he could have had those two a little later in the draft. 2. Those were clearly his best two wrs on this roster and didn't really help him during the season. Yet he still made the playoffs and then they were a big help.

I also realize that in Wcoff scoring that wrs went off the board early. But I still feel that there would be better wrs at 24 and 25 then those two. If not, then there had to be some good rbs left. I can probably see Andre going there, I suppose. But Boldin? What did he do at the end of 2006 with Leinart at QB to make anyone think he was worthy of the 3.1 pick?