[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Worst team in Baseball - with real choices.

Big John

One for the Royals. How could I not vote for this team. Poor management from top to bottom. And they just gave their GM a 2 year extension. I swear David Glass is just trying to breed apathy here so when he offers his team up for contraction KC fans won't be pis.sed.

The Devil Rays are a pathetic excuse for a team. They are the poster child for cities that want to WIN a major league franchise, but don't actually want to HAVE one. My prediction? The same thing will happen in Washington DC.

I'd vote for the hapless Tigers, but no team with Dave Dombrowski at the helm and Felipe Alou on the payroll can be the worst team in baseball.

And hey, what are my Marlins doing on this list? Granted, the Dempster/Floyd firesale wasn't the greatest deal ever, but they've still got a TON of young arms, some speed, and good D. They'll be sweet in a couple of years, I'm sure.

Peace

policy

policyvote:

And hey, what are my Marlins doing on this list?  Granted, the Dempster/Floyd firesale wasn't the greatest deal ever, but they've still got a TON of young arms, some speed, and good D.  They'll be sweet in a couple of years, I'm sure.

Peace

policy

First off, I put in teams who I thought somebody might vote for, even some that I thought didn't belong there.

Next, you're a Marlins fan? eek! :confused: I thaught as you tortoire yourself as being a Lions fan, you would tortoire yourself as being a Tigers fan! wink

• 3 weeks later...

Tampa Bay- but they have an excuse they are an expansion team. Yes I know Arizona is too but they got lucky and traded for the 2 best pitchers in the game.

Texas is the worst value for the money, at least the other teams aren't paying big money for players Arod, Chan Ho, Carl Everett, Irod and they still suck........

• 1 month later...

Scarey to think that at the beginning of the season the Angels probably would have been on this list...

I've been an Angel fan since I was 5...25 years now...and I probably would have voted for them myself...but its nice to finally realize that this team is FOR REAL...

That being said...the worst team in baseball would have to be either Tampa Bay or Florida...neither team seems to care enough about trying to sign any amount of talent and intentionally trade away their best prospects and players (The Floyd trade was inexcusable). Some of these other teams you can at least believe that they are making an attempt or have some talent. Cleveland is in a rebuilding mode...and Thome is the 2nd best offensive 1Bman in baseball, Texas is 2-3 decent arms from being a contender...their offense is for real, the Padres have been injured in a bad way all year and have good talent in Nevin, Klesko, Burroughs, and some decent arms (which they can't keep healthy), KC has Sweeney and Byrd, Pittsburgh has Giles, Williams, Fogg, and a few other decent players, Detroit has Bobby, Milwaukee has Sexson, and the Cubs have Sosa...who do Tampa and Florida have? No one....young talent is young talent is nothing...until they perform...AAA is loaded with "young talent".