[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Cowboys to make a deal with the Dolphins?

Goopster24

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So even with all these reasons not to do it, I still think it'll happen.

All the talk about how the Brownies draft day trade last year was done to gain the leverage to get McFadden. All the ties to Parcells and his Cowphins. The apparent Razorback alum factor (really?).

Just waitin on this to go down between now and April... here it comes...

:wacko:

So even with all these reasons not to do it, I still think it'll happen.

All the talk about how the Brownies draft day trade last year was done to gain the leverage to get McFadden. All the ties to Parcells and his Cowphins. The apparent Razorback alum factor (really?).

Just waitin on this to go down between now and April... here it comes...

If anyone doubts Jerry Jones' illogical & irrational infatuation with RBs, one only need look as far as Julius Jones taking significant work away from Barber for his career so far as a pro as proof of what lengths he'll go for a RB once he's fallen head-over-heels in love with the guy.

If anyone doubts Jerry Jones' illogical & irrational infatuation with RBs, one only need look as far as Julius Jones taking significant work away from Barber for his career so far as a pro as proof of what lengths he'll go for a RB once he's fallen head-over-heels in love with the guy.

Jones was a Parcels chosen player. Recall that the Cowboys could have drafted Steven Jackson that year but opten to trade down from the first round because they knew they could get Julius Jones in the second round. Parcells himself told Jones that he was going to be a Cowboy and had him rated higher than SJ on their board. I don't think that Julius Jones was any favorite of Jerry Jones, he was a Parcells pick that the team just always used since he fit the mold for the backfield that Parcells likes - two backs with one fast and the other a tough runner. Ends up he only got Barber right. That Barber was not given much playing time was a function of Parcells desire, not Jerry Jones. They finally broke away from that set-up in the later half of last season.

Don't make me bust you up, David. :D

Parcells was nowhere in site, & Jones' puppet Wade Phillips was in charge, and Julius Jones still got over 80% of the rushing work that Barber did.

Barber spent 2 years showing that he was vastly superior to Jones in almost every aspect of the game, and yet when Parcells departed Jones still took away way too much work. Granted, Jones did finally become second fiddle this year, when he was getting the lion's share of the RB work under Parcells, but someone still was trying to get Jones on the field a hell of a lot more than his body of work to date warranted. The common thread is Jerry.

I'd venture to say that Julius Jones is Jerry's kid.

166/203 = 0.8177

0.8177 X 100 = 81.77% > 80%

Ipso facto, Jones had more than 80% of the rushing work that Barber did.

Next semester, we'll discuss pie charts.

I misread your post, please continue to be a oil and vinegar though.

Barber has never had to carry the full load anywhere... Maybe the team didn't think he could carry the load for an entire season?

Edited by piratesownninjas

Don't make me bust you up, David. :D

Parcells was nowhere in site, & Jones' puppet Wade Phillips was in charge, and Julius Jones still got over 80% of the rushing work that Barber did.

Barber spent 2 years showing that he was vastly superior to Jones in almost every aspect of the game, and yet when Parcells departed Jones still took away way too much work. Granted, Jones did finally become second fiddle this year, when he was getting the lion's share of the RB work under Parcells, but someone still was trying to get Jones on the field a hell of a lot more than his body of work to date warranted. The common thread is Jerry.

I'd venture to say that Julius Jones is Jerry's kid.

Disagree as we always do each off-season.

Jackson, who the Rams chose with the 24th overall pick, led the NFL in preseason rushing with 323 yards and two touchdowns on 66 carries. Despite those impressive numbers, Parcells defended his decision to pass on Jackson and the others to take Julius Jones in the second round.

"I just couldn't see an appreciable difference," Parcells said. "I like the kid from Virginia Tech. I liked the kid from Michigan. I liked the kid from Oregon State. They're OK. Some of them or part of them will be good players in the league, but I don't know that. I think so, but I couldn't see (them and say), 'This is Marshall Faulk.' I didn't see it."

Asked if he would regret his decision if Jackson, Kevin Jones and Perry have big statistical seasons, Parcells said: "One-year stats don't mean anything. It's down the road in this business. Now, I realize you folks (the media) have to deal with the immediacy of the situation, and it's something you write about. But the fact of the matter is you don't know what your draft is until you're down the road with it."

Jones was always a Parcells guy from the day he was drafted. Now Parcells was not happy with him in 2006 which is why Barber continued to take a greater role.

Considering touches as the more true measure of use, under Parcells in 2006 it was Jones (276) that had more than Barber (159). The breakdown between the two was Jones (63%) and Barber (47%). In 2006 under Parcells, Barber only had three games with more touches than Jones and all came later in the year (weeks 12, 15 and 17). Without Parcells in 2007, it was Barber (276) and Jones (190) with Barber getting the heavier load in 12 games and that was with 11 of the last 12 games being the primary running back in touches.

Parcells did convince Jerry Jones that a two back offense was best but only when Parcells left did Barber become the primary and Jones the secondary. Barber is a strong runner but he's no home run hitter. Jones has the speed to take it all the way but finally the Cowboys gave up on him without Parcells around.

Not sure what Jones getting 80% of the runs that Barber had means since it is a rather odd way to measure players, but as running backs for the Dallas Cowboys, Jones went from 63% of the touches down to only 40% while Barber went from just 47% up to 60% only when Parcells was gone. And that held true for almost every game after the first month of the season when the new offense was being installed.

Jones is gone, he knows it and wants it and the Cowboys have made no pretenses that he was phased out last year with Parcells gone. One only has to look at the most important game of the year to see that when in the playoff game Barber had 28 touches and Jones only had three. Jerry Jones had nothing to do with what players are playing regardless what ten year old pretenses you want to make. Wade Phillips is not a puppet, he is just a bookmark for where Garrett will take over. Garrett controls the entire offense. I'm pretty sure he did not turn down running the entire Ravens team so that he could just do what Jerry wanted in the backfield. Jones is history.

Disagree as we always do each off-season.

Jones was always a Parcells guy from the day he was drafted. Now Parcells was not happy with him in 2006 which is why Barber continued to take a greater role.

Considering touches as the more true measure of use, under Parcells in 2006 it was Jones (276) that had more than Barber (159). The breakdown between the two was Jones (63%) and Barber (47%). In 2006 under Parcells, Barber only had three games with more touches than Jones and all came later in the year (weeks 12, 15 and 17). Without Parcells in 2007, it was Barber (276) and Jones (190) with Barber getting the heavier load in 12 games and that was with 11 of the last 12 games being the primary running back in touches.

Parcells did convince Jerry Jones that a two back offense was best but only when Parcells left did Barber become the primary and Jones the secondary. Barber is a strong runner but he's no home run hitter. Jones has the speed to take it all the way but finally the Cowboys gave up on him without Parcells around.

Not sure what Jones getting 80% of the runs that Barber had means since it is a rather odd way to measure players, but as running backs for the Dallas Cowboys, Jones went from 63% of the touches down to only 40% while Barber went from just 47% up to 60% only when Parcells was gone. And that held true for almost every game after the first month of the season when the new offense was being installed.

Jones is gone, he knows it and wants it and the Cowboys have made no pretenses that he was phased out last year with Parcells gone. One only has to look at the most important game of the year to see that when in the playoff game Barber had 28 touches and Jones only had three. Jerry Jones had nothing to do with what players are playing regardless what ten year old pretenses you want to make. Wade Phillips is not a puppet, he is just a bookmark for where Garrett will take over. Garrett controls the entire offense. I'm pretty sure he did not turn down running the entire Ravens team so that he could just do what Jerry wanted in the backfield. Jones is history.

Yeah... what he said.