[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

To the Giants and their fans

Patriots

Just wanted to offer my Congratulations. Your team played great and you deserved to win.

I wanted my team to go 19-0, but life goes on. Enjoy your superbowl win.

I talked a lot of smack this year and all of us arrogant pats fans deserve the smack we are getting today.

See ya all next season.

I can't believe it took this long for that comment to arise :wacko:

Well, it's true isn't it? I mean, when my Niners were on top, I'd eat some crow from the Cowboy or Giants fans for a bit when they beat us in the play-offs (mind you, I don't know the pain of having my team lose a SB, so I can't relate :D ). However, after a point, you can call scoreboard on the fact that they were always in the mix and finished the deal often enough so as to never be thought of as chokers.

The loss would have hurt more had we not already had 3.

There is no doubt. Be that as it may, however, the 2007 Patriots will always be the team that could not finish. They had history in their grasp and came up short. Rolling through the regular season without a loss and beating all AFC opponents in the playoffs really didn't mean anything as they could not defeat the 5 seed from the NFC.

There is no doubt. Be that as it may, however, the 2007 Patriots will always be the team that could not finish. They had history in their grasp and came up short. Rolling through the regular season without a loss and beating all AFC opponents in the playoffs really didn't mean anything as they could not defeat the 5 seed from the NFC.

No more or less than any other favored team that couldn't win the SB. Don't make it sound like history would be easier on them if they'd lost a few along the way.

Also, it's not like they steamrolled the play-offs. They beat Jax but didn't cover. They lucked into a match-up vs. a depleted SD team and didn't cover. Honestly, I've never seen a gift like the 11.5 they were giving the Giants. Had they dropped 2 random games in October, there wouldn't have been this huge letdown thing. Just another elite team that failed to win the SB. Just like what they did to the Rams to start their run.

Do you think you wll ever see a team go 19-0? I didn't think is as possible until this year and now I am thinking we may never see a team get this close again. Too many things have to go your way. The Pats should have lost one or two along the way. (Baltimore)

Edited by Patriots

No more or less than any other favored team that couldn't win the SB. Don't make it sound like history would be easier on them if they'd lost a few along the way.

Also, it's not like they steamrolled the play-offs. They beat Jax but didn't cover. They lucked into a match-up vs. a depleted SD team and didn't cover. Honestly, I've never seen a gift like the 11.5 they were giving the Giants. Had they dropped 2 random games in October, there wouldn't have been this huge letdown thing. Just another elite team that failed to win the SB. Just like what they did to the Rams to start their run.

Absolutely history would have been easier on them had they lost one or two along the way. Then they would have indeed been just like any other team favored to win that loses (like say the Rams in 01). Instead what they did was win EVERY SINGLE game EXCEPT the ONE that mattered the most. They went into their last game of the season undefeated as double digit favorites having already defeated their opponent in THEIR house just a matter of a few weeks previous.

Certainly I agree that the Patriots were a different team at the end of the season versus the beginning (and they failed to cover the line something like 5 times out of 6 the last 6 weeks of the regular season).

The 2007 Pats team will always be remembered as the team that could not finish off the perfect season despite being favorites against a team they had already defeated. They will be the poster team for the saying "the regular season means nothing".

Do you think you wll ever see a team go 19-0? I didn't think is as possible until this year and now I am thinking we may never see a team get this close again. Too many things have to go your way. The Pats should have lost one or two along the way. (Baltimore)

:wacko:

And how exactly is that relevant? The Patriots spent the whole season climbing Mt. Everest but turned back before ever reaching the summit, despite being only several steps from actually being at the top.

The 2007 Pats team will always be remembered as the team that could not finish off the perfect season despite being favorites against a team they had already defeated. They will be the poster team for the saying "the regular season means nothing".

Yep. The '98 Vikings no longer have to wear that hat. Yer welcome Vikings fans. :wacko:

:D