[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

i-pod shuffle

Front Row

I got one as part of a promo Directv was running when I signed up. Pretty neat little gizmo,about the size of a matchbook, supposed to hold about 240 songs. So I installed the i-tunes software on my pc and loaded about 20 tracks;.. all was good, very good sound quality also. Tried to add some more music.... n/g. (BTW the new Nugent effort is surprisingly good , very metallic) Now this thing is giving me fits, doesn't show up on my pc, but it does on i-tunes, I rebooted the pc, pod ,followed the troubleshooting for the i-pod . Still n/g ; In the process of doing an i-pod restore now...errr; for the last 12 hrs. ; for some reason I don't think it's working right :wacko: Square peg, round hole...It takes me less time to rebuild a carb than fool with this technical stuff.. :D I think I need a bigger hammer.

I'm not sure what you're trying to say. I have an Ipod touch a regular Ipod and my wife had a shuffle. You need to have the Ipod plugged into your puter while Itunes is up/running. Once you hook up the ipod, in a few moments it will appear in your itunes menu on the left - then you can drag/drop songs from your itunes library to your shuffle. Let me know if this is what you're trying to do.

I'm not sure what you're trying to say. I have an Ipod touch a regular Ipod and my wife had a shuffle. You need to have the Ipod plugged into your puter while Itunes is up/running. Once you hook up the ipod, in a few moments it will appear in your itunes menu on the left - then you can drag/drop songs from your itunes library to your shuffle. Let me know if this is what you're trying to do.

I wish it was that easy.

The i-pod would show up in i-tunes, then when I would go to autofill it would try to sync, after a few moments I would get a message" i-pod could not be synced .can not locate disk"? something to that effect.

Other instances it wouldn't show up in i-tunes either, even after dis/reconnecting to different ports.

When I go to "programs/ ipod, it still does not show up, but the restart utility does . ?

After restarting the computer, restarting the ipod with the utility and reinstalling i-tunes I was able to load it with the 50 songs I had downloaded.

I did this with nothing else running , not even the Norton or spyware.

Thats where I'm at now.

:wacko:

I'm going to enjoy it for a while before I try to add any more, create playlists etc. because it was aggravated the he ll out of me for the last 2 days.

In I-tunes take it off of auto-sync. Then you just drag and drop the songs you want from your Itunes library and it doesn't get confused every time you plug it in.

+1

Check the box "manually manage my music". When you plug it in, i-Tunes will check for updates and a quick sync and that's it. Then like AC said, just drag and drop your music into the i-Pod folder on the left.

Edited by 'canes2004

I wish it was that easy.

The i-pod would show up in i-tunes, then when I would go to autofill it would try to sync, after a few moments I would get a message" i-pod could not be synced .can not locate disk"? something to that effect.

Other instances it wouldn't show up in i-tunes either, even after dis/reconnecting to different ports.

When I go to "programs/ ipod, it still does not show up, but the restart utility does . ?

After restarting the computer, restarting the ipod with the utility and reinstalling i-tunes I was able to load it with the 50 songs I had downloaded.

I did this with nothing else running , not even the Norton or spyware.

Thats where I'm at now.

:wacko:

I'm going to enjoy it for a while before I try to add any more, create playlists etc. because it was aggravated the he ll out of me for the last 2 days.

Yeah, that is funky. I've heard Apple has terrific customer service - no first-hand experience but a few friends have said so. Good luck, sorry I can't help with that one.