[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Truck Caps

Caveman_Nick

I am probably going to get a cap for my new Tundra instead of a tonneau cover. I like the extra cargo space and will probably put a rack on the top for canoe/kayak transport.

I have access to most of the major manufacturers in my area. Anyone have any good/bad experiences they would like to share?

I just bought one from my neighbor. It is fiberglass and has one big window on each side as well as a back entrance/window. All these can be opened and have the little shock absorbers to hold them open. They also lock which is very important in my opinion. You can also buy a tailgate sealer for the area on the sides and bottom of your tailgate to keep dust etc out, I got one from Lund for $22, I haven't installed it yet due to our cold weather. I have used my topper for long trips with the in-laws. Last year I borrowed this particular topper from my neighbor and purchased it this year when he wanted to sell it. It has made two trips to Steamboat Springs and one trip to Terry Peak skiing. It works great to keep the cab open for passengers and everything in the box clean and dry. Bought my used from the neighbor for $550