[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Anyone like to fish?

Chief Dick

Like to fish, but you can't beat ice fishing. Go out at least once a week when the ice is good.

Wurd. Been on the ice every weekend since Christmas and am not looking forward to the warmer weather.

same here. Found a pretty good site about ice fishing a few weeks ago. Good for checking ice conditions if nothing else.

www.iceshanty.com

Great site that also contributes to my non-productiveness at work.

Originally from NoDak where we did quite a bit of fishing on the James and Missouri systems. Walleye fishing in the NW is a little different. Just got back from a week fishing upriver on the Columbia (just below the Grand Coulee Dam). Its an annual event that started about 10 years with 3 of us. This year there were 46 with quite a few states represented (we grow our walleye big out here). Quite a few of our lakes are actually frozen over (which isn't common out here) but the river is still soft water, although a couple weeks earlier they were chopping and torching the lauches in the morning. The last week was great weather though. I think we were in the mid 40s for highs and never got much below 25 at night. Largest walleye for the weekend was 12.9 lbs which is good sized for that stretch of river. Most of the upper teen eyes that the Columbia is known for come from the Wallula and Umatilla pools (above and below McNary Dam).

We'll be back at it in a couple weeks around McNary where the current WA state record came from last year (19.5 lbs...we grow em big out here). In March a few years ago, my fish partner and I got an 18.06 into the boat and to the scales so we've got something to try to beat and hopefully she's grown a little in the last few years.

I'm headed to Mobridge later on this summer for the CNT tournament. I haven't fished Oahe in quite a few years. I'm hoping there are decent water levels. Looking forward to getting back to the Dakotas for some fishing....Hopefully I'll have my Lund sold and into a new boat by then. Local tournament circuits start in less than a month!

You are going to be terribly disappointed with the water levels on Oahe. The old railraod grade at Mobridge is out of the water. We are at a all time low with water levels.