[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Prince Harry in Afghanistan

Savage Beatings

The fact that he is fighting on the front lines in Afghanistan is pretty cool, but the real story IMHO is the fact that some freakin' idiot actually leaked the story. I hope for his sake, they pull him out of there right away now, because he may as well have a giant bullseye on his back now that everybody knows he's there.

"I never thought I'd find myself saying thank God for Drudge. The infamous US blogger has broken the best kept editorial secret of recent times. Editors have been sworn to secrecy over Prince Harry being sent to fight in Afghanistan three months ago. "

Editors have been sworn to secrecy over Prince Harry being sent to fight in Afghanistan three months ago.

Drudge has blown their cover. One wonders whether viewers, readers and listeners will ever want to trust media bosses again. Or perhaps this was a courageous editorial decision to protect this fine young man?

bad move matt imo.

http://www.channel4.com/news/articles/worl...anistan/1674847

If Drudge broke this story, then I hope he feels immediate reprecussions. Does he work for himself or can he be fired? If he is accountable to anyone, I hope he loses his job over this. At the very least, I hope that any responsible people that frequent his site will stop, immediately.

he gone

LONDON - Britain's Ministry of Defense says Prince Harry is being withdrawn from Afghanistan.

Chief of the Defense Staff Air Chief Marshal Jock Stirrup confirmed Friday that the army is pulling Harry out of Afghanistan after news of his deployment there was leaked.

Harry, third in line to the British throne, has been serving on the front line with an army unit in Helmand, one of Afghanistan's most lawless and barren provinces since mid-December.

maybe it was all a ploy by the royals to leak to get him out early??? :wacko:

looks like it was a womens mag from australia that revealed the story.

http://weblogs.chicagotribune.com/news/pol...fghanistan.html

t appears it was a mistake by an Australian women's magazine that was clueless about the circumstances surrounding Prince Harry's being sent to a war zone that led to the chain of events that has resulted in His Royal Highness Prince Henry of Wales being yanked out of Afghanistan by British military officials.

According to reports, the magazine New Idea, ran a story about his combat deployment in its January 15 edition because it didn't know there was an embargo on that information, essentially an agreement between the media and British authorities that the prince's assignment wouldn't be reported on out of fear that his own and his unit's security would be compromised.

The British Army's top general, Sir General Richard Danatt is seriously fuming over the breaking of the embargo, according to reports.

I am not sure to the exact details of his front line service but :wacko: to him . You rarely see American politicians kids anywhere near a battle.

Reminds me of that scene in Fareinheit 9/11 when Michael Moore went around to members of Congress asking them sign their kids up for the service.

Reminds me of that scene in Fareinheit 9/11 when Michael Moore went around to members of Congress asking them sign their kids up for the service.

Its aint me..It aint me. I aint no fortunate one. It aint me . It aint me. I aint no senators son.

Before any declaration of war or foreign military intervention, there should be a mandatory draft. That would make the saber rattlers and warmongers think a little more and for sure would make the apathetic sheep masquerading as the US public take notice too.

Before any declaration of war or foreign military intervention, there should be a mandatory draft. That would make the saber rattlers and warmongers think a little more and for sure would make the apathetic sheep masquerading as the US public take notice too.

Sheesh. How about, at a minimum, a formal declaration of war?

Edited by yo mama

atleast a national service plan with years of participation weighted by how dangerous the service is. military gets less time than soup kitchen work etc.

Great idea!

Maybe:

HS drop outs spend 1.5yrs for each yr of HS that wasn't finished ... plus one more.

HS graduates spend just the 1yr.

After the service, you can go to college, the military, get a job, whereever/whatever.

Its aint me..It aint me. I aint no fortunate one. It aint me . It aint me. I aint no senators son.

:D <----John Fogerty

:D <----Tom Fogerty

:wacko: <----Doug Clifford

:brew: <----Stu Cook

:D <----Sheik