[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Tyler Hansbrough's Jersey to be retired!

billay

He just won the Sporting News POY award.

Yes, Sporting News POY is one of the six publications/arards which UNC requires to have your jersey retired.

For a North Carolina men's player to have his jersey retired, he must win at least one of six national player of the year awards: The Associated Press, the U.S. Basketball Writers Association, the National Association of Basketball Coaches, Sporting News, the Wooden Award and the Naismith Award.

Jerry Stackhouse was named POY by SI, but because SI is not one of the 6, Stackhouse's jersey is not retired.

Edited by billay

Not sure I have ever seen a guy achieve more with less natural ability. Props to Tyler for working his ass off and outhustling everyone, and being part of the UNC/ACC hype machine

Any GM who drafts him the first round should be fired immediately

Will go down as one as one of the great college players that will not do a damn thing in the NBA

Brook Lopez would go for 25 and 15 and shut him down completely

Not sure I have ever seen a guy achieve more with less natural ability. Props to Tyler for working his ass off and outhustling everyone, and being part of the UNC/ACC hype machine

Any GM who drafts him the first round should be fired immediately

Will go down as one as one of the great college players that will not do a damn thing in the NBA

Brook Lopez would go for 25 and 15 and shut him down completely

:wacko:

That dance he did ,going down the court, after hitting the game winner in the V Tech game. Has to be the gayest thing I've seen in a long time.

It was very Madsen-esque, wasn't it?

Edited by billay

That dance he did ,going down the court, after hitting the game winner in the V Tech game. Has to be the gayest thing I've seen in a long time.

we were all hangin out watchin the game, having some beers- we were laughin our asses off as we watched that doofus dancing down the court a few times- so funny. Proceeded do our own versions of "The Hansbrough" for the rest of the night