[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Obama's Rev.

detlef

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So many people are more afraid of black people than white people in this country so it isn't surprising Falwell, Robertson and others who also talked of 911 as punishment get fewer reactions that a black preacher. What was it Falwell said God is punishing(911) us because of gays?

It's time to end the fear mongering. I doubt this will affect Obama much because it is early.

It's time for guilt by association to end anyway. Obama isn't to blame for what his preacher says. We have far bigger problems to solve than this and I think most voters know it now.

So many people are more afraid of black people than white people in this country so it isn't surprising Falwell, Robertson and others who also talked of 911 as punishment get fewer reactions that a black preacher. What was it Falwell said God is punishing(911) us because of gays?

It's time to end the fear mongering. I doubt this will affect Obama much because it is early.

It's time for guilt by association to end anyway. Obama isn't to blame for what his preacher says. We have far bigger problems to solve than this and I think most voters know it now.

Well, I hope you're right. One of the lamest things about 2004 was how much freaking attention gay marriages got. There's a war going on, government scandals, major economy issues, and one of the biggest topics was whether or not two dudes could get married? Really? Talk about wagging the dog.

Stuff like this is more of the same.

Well, I hope you're right. One of the lamest things about 2004 was how much freaking attention gay marriages got. There's a war going on, government scandals, major economy issues, and one of the biggest topics was whether or not two dudes could get married? Really? Talk about wagging the dog.

Stuff like this is more of the same.

No kidding. And Bush was seen as honest and a better soldier than someone who was a good soldier. I think Katrina changed everything and McCain will be sold as Bush's 3rd term. It's march and by November this should play out. With massive turnout in the primaries I think everyone's tired of the distractions.

Obama(if the nominee) is better at answering the charges than Kerry was. Turnout is about 3 times what it normally is.

ya know, i'm all for a religious leader attacking complacency and materialism. my problem, to the extent i have one, with a guy like jeremiah wright is that he's a racist. his whole theology is based around the idea that "black values" are positive and christian, while "white values" are destructive, corrupt and evil. and this is who the "post-racial" politician who is going to heal all our wounds has been voluntarily hanging out with and seeking guidance from for the last 20 years?

as a sidenote, i just realized recently that i have one of reverend wright's CDs..:wacko: ...he's the "preacher" on wynton marsalis' "the majesty of the blues".

ya know, i'm all for a religious leader attacking complacency and materialism. my problem, to the extent i have one, with a guy like jeremiah wright is that he's a racist. his whole theology is based around the idea that "black values" are positive and christian, while "white values" are destructive, corrupt and evil. and this is who the "post-racial" politician who is going to heal all our wounds has been voluntarily hanging out with and seeking guidance from for the last 20 years?

Make your point or stop hinting all around it.

Is Obama a white-hating racist? :wacko:

If you think so, then say it and sound like an idiot.

If you don't think so... then who cares? Could there be anything less important that you could make a bigger deal out of?

We've got two good candidates here, and just once I want people to elect someone because they believe in his ideas. lovely, you Republicans are worse than TMZ with your focus on gossip, rumor, and issues that are the farthest from the most important crisis facing the country:

- The War

- The Economy

- Things Obama's former preacher said

Make your point or stop hinting all around it.

Is Obama a white-hating racist? :wacko:

I'll say it. If he's not a white-hating racist himself, then he sure does hang around with alot of 'em.

It's like me saying I only attended those Klan meetings for 30 years...never really believed them. :D

Repubs are licking their chops to get obama in the general election.

you keep comparing apples to oranges and they get their wish.

Landslide a comin. If Obama doent get in. The democratic party will be busted in two and riots in the streets.

Obama has no shot in the general.

Its over. Obama chose the rev over prez

And Rezko was his nameo

Repubs are licking their chops to get obama in the general election.

you keep comparing apples to oranges and they get their wish.

Sure they are. That's why they're voting for Hillary in large numbers in primaries.

So many people are more afraid of black people than white people in this country

That's an incredibly retarded statement. Apparently you didn't grow up around minorities.

It's time to end the fear mongering.

No way. Then Reverend Wright, Reverend Jackson, Reverend Sharpton, and Minister Farrakhan would be unemployed. :wacko:

It's time for guilt by association to end anyway..

Then why are you quoting an apparently bogus story from a left-wing smear site?

Interesting article in detlef's post, but I completely disagree with this statement...

I tell you what: With so many preachers behaving like prosperity pimps -- preaching that the good life in the form of big cars, big houses and flush checking accounts is just a cash contribution to their ministry away -- it is refreshing to hear someone not afraid to express statements that will anger the mighty.

The problem with these "black liberation" preachers is that most of them are POVERTY PIMPS. Their goal is to keep their parishioners poor, pissed off at whitey and, most importantly, dependent upon THEM. That's what keeps money flowing into the collection plate and that's what gives them political power. And, no, I don't think that these guys are any worse than Falwell and Robertson. But the fact that d0uchebags of other colors preach bigotry as well doesn't excuse what they do.

Edited by Bill Swerski

Rush knows what he is doing. He knows exactly what he is doing.

He REALLY does.

The only weapon Rush has is voting for Hillary. :wacko: Isn't that just a bit ironic?

The right wing embraces Hillary Clinton. :D

That's an incredibly retarded statement. Apparently you didn't grow up around minorities.

I have to speak up on this one. My son, his family and all our African-American support group are very clear on this. AA teenage boys are viewed with distrust in both the white and black communities. It is part of the stigma they have to deal with. My son, who is growing up in an upper middle class neighborhood with white friends, has been stopped and questioned about why he was hanging around a store. Not his friends, but him. It happens.

Oh and it was a black cop that stopped him.

Go figure.

Oh really. White people aren't afraid of black people? That's pretty retarded(your words back at you). I've grown up around rich and poor black people and white people. The news and reports of crime in black neighborhoods scares a lot of people especially the elderly.

I know younger white people who refuse to buy food from black produce sellers because they are afraid razor blades may be put in the food. Perhaps you know different people but in Milwaukee there is a lot of fear of the black community. I've seen many polls that reflect the same.

With news of break-ins and crime everyday a lot of people are afraid.

Oh really. White people aren't afraid of black people? That's pretty retarded(your words back at you).

Pretty much everything you write in this forum is a retarded campaign message for Barack Obama. He could be caught sodomizing a 10-year-old boy with a lit crack pipe in his hand, and you'd still be sucking his nuts here.

I know younger white people who refuse to buy food from black produce sellers because they are afraid razor blades may be put in the food.

I know of a black preacher who thinks that the oppressive white government introduced HIV and crack cocaine into the black community specifically to keep them down. And I know that several thousand people (mostly black) not only came to listen to this crackpot on Sundays, but GAVE HIM MONEY as well. What was that you were saying about fear? :wacko:

With news of break-ins and crime everyday a lot of people are afraid.

Many black and Hispanic people that I knew in high school were gang members and/or drug dealers, but I was never in "fear" of them. But that didn't stop many of them from hating white people and constantly obsessing over race.