[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Obama's Rev.

detlef

we have a new one.. instead of talking about important things we can add race to gheys, guns, gambling, abortion, gheys wanting babies to train as homo's, gheys who want to marry and destroy the sanctity of marriage.. etc :wacko::D:D:brew:

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's what amazes me. So, Obama's associated with this crack pot Reverend and McCain is with the not job that was linked to in this thread. Each side is prepared to look past these associations their own guys have and point to the other. However, if neither had these associations, as in, didn't go to church, they wouldn't stand a chance in hell of making the oval office.

Why does America think it's so damned important that our POTUS goes to church?

I would hope that you wouldn't deny hiring a qualified person in a management position based on that. Obviously, even if you were backwards enough to do that, you'd have sense enough to keep that discriminatory secret to yourself.

However, that seems to be one of the core qualifications to be POTUS, right behind being old enough and born in the US. If you don't go to church, don't bother applying for the gig.

Good points. We are hiring a president after all.

If you have to confuse voters and bring up issues that don't really matter it shows your policies aren't what people want. If you have to divide and conquer to win you aren't representing voters.

Edited by Randall

So how many Rabbis rail against the current German government and the country's current citizens for what their ancestors did 60 years ago?

Not real sure....and not real sure how that deals any way with race relations in our country. However, my quick google search to see if there has been any recent commentary...seems I have found the reverend wright of Israel......he is a party leader....and seems he represents a hugh swath of Israelis.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/mi...ers-711547.html

Not real sure....and not real sure how that deals any way with race relations in our country. However, my quick google search to see if there has been any recent commentary...seems I have found the reverend wright of Israel......he is a party leader....and seems he represents a hugh swath of Israelis.

I'm still waiting to hear about all of the "Jewish Liberation Theology" synagogues in Berlin whose rabbis accuse Angela Merkel of being an anti-Semite. TIA.

Why does America think it's so damned important that our POTUS goes to church?

Most likely because the majority of Americans hold the POTUS to a very high standard see going to church as a virtue. That said, I agree that it's technically not very relevant to the position.

Edited by Bill Swerski

What is the the point of this whole story?

I voted for Obama in the primary but I'm not married to him yet... So my question is, why is this supposed to matter to me?

well, he gives $20K a year and takes his kids to a church where they teach that "black values" are virtuous and "white values" are evil, that the US government created AIDS to wage genocide against black people, that the government gives black people drugs to enslave them, etc. i guess that sort of thing either makes you think twice about this guy who is selling himself as one who supposedly "transcends race", or it doesn't. :wacko:

QUOTE(TheShiznit @ 3/21/08 9:39am) *

I'm still waiting to hear about all of the "Jewish Liberation Theology" synagogues in Berlin whose pastors accuse Angela Merkel of being an anti-Semite. TIA.

I still do not see how Israelis in Israel speaking out about Hitler in Germany has to do with anything in this country as far as race relations are concerned. Please connect the two and I may be happy to join the conversation....you haven't...so I ask what is your point.

well, he gives $20K a year and takes his kids to a church where they teach that "black values" are virtuous and "white values" are evil, that the US government created AIDS to wage genocide against black people, that the government gives black people drugs to enslave them, etc. i guess that sort of thing either makes you think twice about this guy who is selling himself as one who supposedly "transcends race", or it doesn't. :wacko:

:D

Kind of what I was thinking. It's not like he just heard one sermon. He was a regular at this guys church. He considered him a spiritual adviser, which to me means he has had some one on one time with the guy. You can't tell me in all the years he's know this Rev. Wright, he never expressed any of the ideas he has recently.

You know, the funny thing is, liberals are wired a little bit differently than conservatives. It is possible to associate with people with other viewpoints than your own. I know that's hard to understand for those that only associate with people with homogenous ideas.

You know, the funny thing is, liberals are wired a little bit differently than conservatives. It is possible to associate with people with other viewpoints than your own. I know that's hard to understand for those that only associate with people with homogenous ideas.

Capn...as a conservative I vehemently disagree. The difference between liberal and conservatives are actually small....but important. I am not so arrogant to think that all the answers are 100% owned by one party of the other. I think most on this board would agree that your statement...while it may sound good and may attempt to justify some things is simply wrong.

Capn...as a conservative I vehemently disagree. The difference between liberal and conservatives are actually small....but important. I am not so arrogant to think that all the answers are 100% owned by one party of the other. I think most on this board would agree that your statement...while it may sound good and may attempt to justify some things is simply wrong.

I'm mostly just poking fun. Although the very definition of liberal and conservative sort of does fit that description - you know, open mindedness to new ideas versus clinging to firm old ideas.

Personally, I don't really call myself a liberal. I see good and bad ideas in both philosophies, like I would guess most of Americans do.

While this is obviously fair to point out, you are making a mountain out of a molehill for purely political purposes, IMO. It's not like the guy was his senior adviser when he was a Senator. I spend upwards of 10K a year sending my kid to a religious school and enjoy being around Jeff Spain. That doesn't make a a bible thumping racist who doesn't believe in evolution.

When the McCain sex scandal came up most of us here to a man, said, meh. Guys like you and moneymakers are leaching to this story primarily because it gives a BS/non-issue benefit to the party you guys are completely loyal to.

:wacko: joe lieberman agrees.

doh

Good point.

Does John McCain?

an intelligent, principled, centrist democrat gets kicked out of the party because he isn't ideologically pure enough

an intelligent, principled, centrist republican gets the GOP presidential nomination

that really bolsters your point about democrats being so open-minded and republicans being so closed-minded about who they hang out with.

an intelligent, principled, centrist democrat gets kicked out of the party because he isn't ideologically pure enough

an intelligent, principled, centrist republican gets the GOP presidential nomination

that really bolsters your point about democrats being so open-minded and republicans being so closed-minded about who they hang out with.

Lieberman wasn't "kicked out of the party". Lieberman did not serve the voters of his state in a manner they deemed appropriate. Lamont won the Democratic primary in that state. That's hardly being "kicked out of the party." And when he went ahead and ran as an independent and won thanks to votes from Republicans the Dems allowed him to stay on in some committee positions. Was that because of the narrow majority? Probably.

McCain is HATED by the Republican leadership here in Arizona. He won the GOP nomination because the conservative vote was split by multiple candidates. Start this race over with 2 candidates and i'm not sure a Huckabee or Romney wouldn't have prevailed in the end.

Edited by CaP'N GRuNGe

Lieberman wasn't "kicked out of the party".

right. tell him that. :wacko:

Start this race over with 2 candidates and i'm not sure a Huckabee or Romney wouldn't have prevailed in the end.

yeah, 'cause when it was down to huckabee and mccain, those primaries really started getting close.

Tell that to the Connecticut voters. You only consider him a centrist democrat because he agrees with the extreme right wing. Reagan and Nixon would be leftist by those standards.

Here's an idea. You want your side to win start doing a good job. Be right about your predictions and actions for a change. Iraq, the Twin Towers, Katrina, the sub prime tragedy. Need I go on?

Here's an idea. You want your side to win start doing a good job. Be right about your predictions and actions for a change. Iraq, the Twin Towers, Katrina, the sub prime tragedy. Need I go on?

I'll see that and raise you slavery, take away personal responsibility and putting in the governments hands in the forms of social security and medicare, keeping us at war a little bit longer so bell helicopter can make more money need I go on?

I'll see that and raise you slavery, take away personal responsibility and putting in the governments hands in the forms of social security and medicare, keeping us at war a little bit longer so bell helicopter can make more money need I go on?

Wow. You are getting dangerously close to retard territory here.