[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Obama's Passport Information Breached

CaP'N GRuNGe

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Hate to break it to ya bro...we already have you sign a consent form to allow us to see your medical records for underwriting purposes.

I guess I hadn't thought of that because i'm covered by my employer in a group health plan and have never had to sign such a form.

Who has access to my medical records?

Your medical information is shared by a wide range of people both in and out of the health care industry. Generally, access to your records is obtained when you agree to let others see them. In reality, you may have no choice but to agree to the sharing of your health information if you want to obtain care and qualify for insurance.

1. Insurance companies usually require you to release your records before they will issue a policy or make payment under an existing policy. This is especially true if you apply for individual health insurance as opposed to a group health plan available through your employer.

Insurance companies are considered financial institutions under the federal GLB law. Like banks and brokerage houses, they must provide you a notice of how they gather and use your customer information. You may have the right to opt-out of sharing some information with other companies.

To learn more about GLB and the insurance privacy laws in your state, visit the web site of the National Association of Insurance Commissioners, www.naic.org/state_contacts/sid_websites.htm. Medical information gathered by an insurance company may also be shared with others through the Medical Information Bureau (see below).

:wacko: Fed's access to private records is kind of a big deal....more of an issue than what someone's preacher said.

But you want them to know how many guns I have in my closet. I'd rather people know I was slurping down a frozen concoction on Jost Van Dyke over the Christmas break, than how many guns I have. But that's just me.

But you want them to know how many guns I have in my closet. I'd rather people know I was slurping down a frozen concoction on Jost Van Dyke over the Christmas break, than how many guns I have. But that's just me.

Maybe the public has a right to now if you've amassed a cache of 5,000 rifles.

:waco:

Maybe the public has a right to now if you've amassed a cache of 5,000 rifles.

:waco:

I would say the voting public has a right to know where an candidate for the most important office in the free world has visited as well.

:wacko: Fed's access to private records is kind of a big deal....more of an issue than what someone's preacher said.

I could care less about what someone's preacher said as well! This is probably a case of someone that had access to this information and got snoopy since all of the people mentioned are high profile! It's kind of like finding someone's diary and a lot of people wouldn't be able to resist looking at it. There have been several people fired from the medical profession for looking at peoples medical records which is along the same lines.. curiosity killed the cat.

I just get tired of how quickly these things are jumped on by differing political parties! Now if someone was doing it for political gain then that's big news; but since both parties were affected it doesn't look like it.

I could care less about what someone's preacher said as well! This is probably a case of someone that had access to this information and got snoopy since all of the people mentioned are high profile! It's kind of like finding someone's diary and a lot of people wouldn't be able to resist looking at it. There have been several people fired from the medical profession for looking at peoples medical records which is along the same lines.. curiosity killed the cat.

I just get tired of how quickly these things are jumped on by differing political parties! Now if someone was doing it for political gain then that's big news; but since both parties were affected it doesn't look like it.

yeah, it's really probably just a matter of mid-level government office workers who have access to some interesting databases as part of their jobs getting curious about public figures and doing a little snooping. this is file clerks with wandering eyes, not j edgar hoover hollywood type stuff. how much dirt is on a passport application, anyway? it's a definite misuse that needs to be corrected, possibly by firing the guilty parties, if for no other reason than to set an example. but trying to turn it into some sort of big political issue is pretty silly, especially when all 3 candidates were subject to the same "breach".

Taken a step further, the direction we're going with the government collecting info on every citizen, we could be looking at a situation where insurance companies could be accessing personal health information records on their customers in determining whether or not grant medical coverage. Is this a good idea?

Actually that must be a good idea since they already do that. Even a bad credit rating can impact your auto insurance rates which is complete BS as far as I'm concerned.

:wacko: Fed's access to private records is kind of a big deal

Yep, and these people should be prosecuted.

CNN is now reporting that McCain and Hillary's records were also illegally accessed. So Obama might have to take back the partisan swipe that he delivered yesterday.

:D

yeah, it's really probably just a matter of mid-level government office workers who have access to some interesting databases as part of their jobs getting curious about public figures and doing a little snooping. this is file clerks with wandering eyes, not j edgar hoover hollywood type stuff. how much dirt is on a passport application, anyway? it's a definite misuse that needs to be corrected, possibly by firing the guilty parties, if for no other reason than to set an example. but trying to turn it into some sort of big political issue is pretty silly, especially when all 3 candidates were subject to the same "breach".

I think you are probably right....but it would be nice to have the people vetted to see if they shared this info with any other parties and for what reasons.

CNN is now reporting that McCain and Hillary's records were also illegally accessed. So Obama might have to take back the partisan swipe that he delivered yesterday.

:wacko:

There's not guarantee that the dirty deeds were not done for political purposes just because all 3 current candidates were involved.

:wacko:

Why....I would think it should be harder to access this stuff by low level people. Who is in control...and they really don't have any respect for our privacy...you do not agree?

Why....I would think it should be harder to access this stuff by low level people. Who is in control...and they really don't have any respect for our privacy...you do not agree?

I agree with you, but what in the hell does this have to do with Bush?

Even a bad credit rating can impact your auto insurance rates which is complete BS as far as I'm concerned.

Bad credit ratings are usually the result of poor liquidity or a lack of disposable income. If you don't have the resources, it is harder to properly maintain a vehicle. People with good credit generally get their brake and tires replaced regularly, which in turn makes the vehicles safer. It makes sense to me.

Bad credit ratings are usually the result of poor liquidity or a lack of disposable income. If you don't have the resources, it is harder to properly maintain a vehicle. People with good credit generally get their brake and tires replaced regularly, which in turn makes the vehicles safer. It makes sense to me.

You're right about that. But just like the folks from homeland security know best, you can justify just about anything, anytime, anywhere.

well, when you send in the form to change the address on your passport, who do you think accesses your file to make the change, the secretary of state?

These days it's contractors. Civil servants did better work. The whole privatization ideology has gone too far.

These days it's contractors. Civil servants did better work. The whole privatization ideology has gone too far.

OMG, you aren't serious are you? People are people, just because one is over paid working in a bureaucracy, and one works for a more streamlined organization doesn't change human nature.

well, when you send in the form to change the address on your passport, who do you think accesses your file to make the change, the secretary of state?

Why don't you enlighten me......since whatever I say you are gonna be contrarian....why don't you tell me what you think.

I agree with you, but what in the hell does this have to do with Bush?

One could argue that since Bush is the one who is actually in charge of this adminstration...I.E. he appoints the Secretary of State.....it is a character flaw of Bush, and all he appoints. One could argue that....doesn't make it correct. I guess it just seems there is a culture of no respect for privacy in this administration....could just be my perception...who knows.