[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Sweet 16

Randall

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WVU all of a sudden decides to not cover the threes. :wacko: Up by 4 at one point with a chance to make it 6 but miss both free throws. :D Xavier has a lousy 2 sec. on the shot clock and WVU leaves the three wide open again. :D Oh well, good run fellas.

10 to play UNC up 23. WSU can't play their tempo any longer. This game is over.

Got any other predictions professor?

:wacko: God I wish I would have logged in earlier to get a piece of that prediction.

All my friends on the West Coast were telling me how UNC hadn't seen anything like what they were going to see. Well, that may be true, but this team is freaking loaded. Loaded. They've got the POY, a PG who will go 1st round if he goes, another PG who'd start on likely half the teams in the top 25, a 2 guard with as sweet a jumper as you'll see, 2 #4s who'd start for nearly anyone, and X factors like Ginyard and Green. Any combination of 3 of those can get you to the final 4.

Like so many times this year, somebody hangs tight with them until a few minutes are left in the half, then a 5 pt game becomes a 14 pt game and there's no looking back.

I know, this is March, and the "best" team doesn't always win 6 straight, but this is the best team in the tourney, no doubt.

The amazing thing is that, besides Q, they might lose Lawson and even less likely will lose Ellington. Hansbrough and 4s are coming back and they had 3 guys in the Burger Boy game last night including Larry Drew's kid at PG. Plus, the Graves kid is a freshman and also has a nice stroke from outside. This could get silly.

Judging by how UNC looks, ACC may only have 1 of 16 now, but they're gonna have 1 of 8, then 1 of 4, then 1 of 2, and then 1 of 1.

Obviously there's plenty of basketball to play but they're looking as good as they have all year. Ty Lawson is finally 100% for the first time in a long time and they can just keep running bodies at you so they never get tired. If they can continue getting the kind of production they've been getting from the 4 (which, along with Lawson's health was really their only question mark coming into the tourney) they're going to be very hard to beat.

I mean, last night was a joke. It's one thing to run a 16 off the court but...

Guarantee that the only breeze the Heels will be feeling tonight is the breeze when they walk home. WSU is too sound defensively for Carolina to "run over" them as you say. I think this one will be closer than you boys down South think, even playing in your own backyard. The transition will be the key, if this turns into a half court game, you're in for a surprise.

Chiming in after the fact is pretty admirable. :wacko:

Check the time stamps jerky.

:wacko: God I wish I would have logged in earlier to get a piece of that prediction.

All my friends on the West Coast were telling me how UNC hadn't seen anything like what they were going to see. Well, that may be true, but this team is freaking loaded. Loaded. They've got the POY, a PG who will go 1st round if he goes, another PG who'd start on likely half the teams in the top 25, a 2 guard with as sweet a jumper as you'll see, 2 #4s who'd start for nearly anyone, and X factors like Ginyard and Green. Any combination of 3 of those can get you to the final 4.

Like so many times this year, somebody hangs tight with them until a few minutes are left in the half, then a 5 pt game becomes a 14 pt game and there's no looking back.

I know, this is March, and the "best" team doesn't always win 6 straight, but this is the best team in the tourney, no doubt.

The amazing thing is that, besides Q, they might lose Lawson and even less likely will lose Ellington. Hansbrough and 4s are coming back and they had 3 guys in the Burger Boy game last night including Larry Drew's kid at PG. Plus, the Graves kid is a freshman and also has a nice stroke from outside. This could get silly.

slow yer Carolina roll....... I like UNC, and they certainly were too much for a game WSU team that did play them well on the defensive side, but ultimately UNC is damn good squad.

I still think Kansas and UCLA are better.............. sholud be an interesting rest of the way

I don't know much about the Jayhawks, but UNC is pummeling teams, while UCLA has a definite chink in the armor.

survuve and advance- all that matters. No doubt Carolina has looked great so far, I just think KU and UCLA have more pieces and would matchup well with UNC- we will see

on a side not this Brazelton kid for WKU- WOW kid is unreal

Just checking in here after tonight's games... missed most of the action (par for the course this year). Everything went about as I expected tonight. Xavier is a good team. WSU pushed but UNC has too much. UCLA is good and will make the championship game. Louisville is also good but UNC will have too much inside.

Looking forward to tomorrow's games (won't miss much action tomorrow). Kansas just has too much for 'Nova to handle. WIsconsin will outlast the upstart Davidson team. I think Michigan St. vs. Memphis will be a similar game to the Davidson/Wisconsin game, and the defense will again reign supreme and MSU will shock Memphis (with their weak free throw shooting coming into play in the last 4-5 minutes of the game). And finally, Texas will destroy a surprising Stanford squad... showing they are definitely a national championship contender.

...... and looking ahead.... UNC will outlast Louisville's pressure... Kansas will have way too much for Wisconsin (despite their solid D)... UT's guard play will get them over MSU .... and UCLA will have way too much for Xavier...

........... then it gets good.... UNC/Kansas will be a storybook matchup, with Roy Williams facing his old squad. Real toss-up game here, but Ty Lawson and "Psycho T" will be in rare form and UNC will roll (and will cover, for you bettors). And the UT/UCLA re-match will also be a doozy, with (sigh) UCLA topping the Longhorns.... only because UCLA's guards are just as good as UT's.... and UCLA has Kevin Love.... whereas the Longhorns have.... uh.... Kevin Durant? Oops.

.................. and then finally, UCLA keeps hot and wins in a barnburner against the Heels.