[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Tax Stimulus Refund.....

rocknrobn26

My Mom has no taxable income. I haven't filed for her in many years. Her only income is Social Security and she makes so little, it's not taxed.

Does she qualify for this refund?

Will I have to file a tax form to find out?

TIA

rr26

My Mom has no taxable income. I haven't filed for her in many years. Her only income is Social Security and she makes so little, it's not taxed.

Does she qualify for this refund?

Will I have to file a tax form to find out?

TIA

rr26

my mother is in the same situation and she has already recieved a letter from the IRS. Also, my uncle who is a retired accountant says she qualifies.

my mother is in the same situation and she has already recieved a letter from the IRS. Also, my uncle who is a retired accountant says she qualifies.

My mom didn't get anything. I'm trying to understand the Doc WE got from the IRS. As usual the "Infernal Revenue Service" explanation is as clear as mud. Am I the only one that sees the word "Service" in IRS as a joke? :wacko:

Me thinks it should be called the "Internal Revenue SELF Service". :D

Edited by rocknrobn26

My mom didn't get anything. I'm trying to understand the Doc WE got from the IRS. As usual the "Infernal Revenue Service" explanation is as clear as mud. Am I the only one that sees the word "Service" in IRS as a joke? :wacko:

Me thinks it should be called the "Internal Revenue SELF Service". :D

They are a service......

to the government but not to the taxpaying public.

You do have to file a 2007 return in order to receive a payment.

Some people with no tax liability also will qualify. This includes Social Security and Railroad Retirement beneficiaries, recipients of certain veterans’ payments, low-income workers with earned income and/or benefits of at least $3,000 and individuals who have combined income of at least $3,000 from any combination of these sources.
Edited by budlitebrad

You do have to file a 2007 return in order to receive a payment.

Thank You! :wacko:

Correct. You do have to file a tax return. You are NOT, however, required to owe tax before you "get stimulated."

And Thank You! :D

Don't they need to make at least 3,000 to qualify for the refund?

To qualify for the $600, yes. The $300 one, no.

You are correct AG. They must have $3,000 in income but it doesn't need to be earned.

Edited by Puddy

Yes.

From the IRS website:

Rebates will be a flat $300 ($600 for joint filers) for those with no tax liability and at least $3,000 of qualifying income, which includes work earnings and Social Security and certain veterans' benefits.
Edited by General Itals