[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Kansas-Memphis

budlitebrad

Yeah, he was behind the line when he threw that 3 up. Besides the missing 4 out of the last 5 free throws, why would that guy attack the basket with 16 seconds left and they had a 2 point lead? Anyway, a colossal choke job being up 9 points in the last two minutes, Memphis deserves to lose. Props to Kansas for not giving up at the end and making it happen.

I wasn't really rooting for any one team tonight, which makes it kind of nice as a fan to just watch the game and enjoy it for what it is. With that said, I hate to see games end like this as well...the ole "hack a shaq" to get back in the game...

They didn't seal the deal and I was surprised they got this far with their poor FT shooting.

Um, they got this far because, up until tonight, they were actually hitting their FTs. Hell, they were like 70% from the line prior to the end.

A very entertaining game to watch. As normally happens in the Title game both teams played tight for most of the game. There was only a 5 minute stretch during the 1st half where it was played with the flow and quick tempo that I thought most of the game would be played with. I thought that Derrick Rose should have taken more big shots than he did but he seemed to not want to take the shot at crucial times? Collins did a great job on him but IMO he has the most creativity on that team and played a little too unselfish.

Kansas showed a lot of heart in those last two minutes and the Tigers foul shooting came back to haunt them as many said it would. I had Kansas going all the way too bad the rest of my bracket sucked!

Um, they got this far because, up until tonight, they were actually hitting their FTs. Hell, they were like 70% from the line prior to the end.

:wacko: Thanks for the insight.

I was insinuating that almost no one predicted Memphis to shoot FT's consistently well throughout the tourney; it's hardly a surprise, or an unexpected CHOKE, that it was a primary reason they ended up losing their last game of the season.

Edited by bushwacked

+1

I'm calling it a choke because they've been shooting around 80% the last 3 games and then they miss 7 of 16 in the second half and give up a 9 point lead with less than 3 minutes left. Dorsey f'd up and wasn't there to control the boards in OT and they let Kansas get easy layups and dunks to close it out.

Wow.....great game for a non-partisan fan.

+1. i can't remember the last time i was happy for either team to win. great game. my buddy and an old college roommate, both ucla alums, went down there to see ucla. they thought about selling the champ game tix but decided to go. my friend and i were texting all game -- he said each school's fans were having coronaries with every possession at the end of regulation.

It's true. All KU fans are a-holes. Heck, look at me! :oldrolleyes:

That was a great game. Memphis hung in there when things could have gotten ugly in the first half ... and KU hung in there when things got ugly in the second half. Neither team got down during regulation.

Props to KU for not letting the crazy two-pointer off the backboard with a couple of minutes left take the wind out of their sail. I knew that unless Memphis didn't jump out to a couple of quick buckets at the beginning of OT that the momentum KU picked up with the Chalmers three-pointer was going to bring the title home.

Kudos to two great teams in an all-time classic game.

+1

I'm calling it a choke because they've been shooting around 80% the last 3 games and then they miss 7 of 16 in the second half and give up a 9 point lead with less than 3 minutes left. Dorsey f'd up and wasn't there to control the boards in OT and they let Kansas get easy layups and dunks to close it out.

I'd credit the KU defense too. They changed the way UNC played and did much the same here.

Who's a KU fan? I just had them winning in my bracket.

It was a great game, but no one can argue the fact that they choked away a championship.

I have rarely seen athletes look as nervous as those two did at the line.