[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Any Time, Any Place Dynasty/IDP 16 team draft going on now

Hugh 0ne

I think what CN is saying is outright bust if his legal troubles are severe not based on his playing abilities.

If he obstructed justice or is guilty of other crimes that could be true.

But so far I have only heard he is guilty of leaving the scene of an accident( a misdemeanor). Someone better start cooperating or it could be worse.

I looks like they are threatening subpoenas to a wide number of people to get someone to talk. Maybe they'll all plead the fifth.

From Buffalo News

Forcing players and team officials before a grand jury seems to be a serious matter for a case involving only a possible misdemeanor charge — leaving the scene of a personal-injury accident — that could be filed against Lynch, if he was driving.

Legal observers have stated that similar cases of leaving the scene of an accident, when no one is seriously injured, usually lead to a plea to a lesser traffic infraction, with the defendant often paying about a $250 fine.

• Replies 545
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If he obstructed justice or is guilty of other crimes that could be true.

But so far I have only heard he is guilty of leaving the scene of an accident( a misdemeanor). Someone better start cooperating or it could be worse.

I looks like they are threatening subpoenas to a wide number of people to get someone to talk. Maybe they'll all plead the fifth.

From Buffalo News

Forcing players and team officials before a grand jury seems to be a serious matter for a case involving only a possible misdemeanor charge — leaving the scene of a personal-injury accident — that could be filed against Lynch, if he was driving.

Legal observers have stated that similar cases of leaving the scene of an accident, when no one is seriously injured, usually lead to a plea to a lesser traffic infraction, with the defendant often paying about a $250 fine.

:wacko:

People, please try not to be so thick headed.

Lynch was a first round pick before this mess started. Now he's a third round pick because people have concerns over his legal issues. If they didn't he would have been drafted in round 1.

My statement is a regurgitation of the obvious. Either this stuff has no effect on him and he was deserving of a first round pick. Huge value. Or this causes him major trouble and he busts out. A 4 game suspension or some such thing does not affect a second year player of his ability's draft status that significantly in a dynasty league this size.

:D

People, please try not to be so thick headed.

Lynch was a first round pick before this mess started. Now he's a third round pick because people have concerns over his legal issues. If they didn't he would have been drafted in round 1.

My statement is a regurgitation of the obvious. Either this stuff has no effect on him and he was deserving of a first round pick. Huge value. Or this causes him major trouble and he busts out. A 4 game suspension or some such thing does not affect a second year player of his ability's draft status that significantly in a dynasty league this size.

Thick headed? :wacko: KPHolmes picked him because of his long term value. Even if he were to lose 4 games his long term value could still be high.

People avoided because of perceived danger. Often perceived danger and real problems are very different. It's too early to tell. I think it was a good gamble.

Thick headed? :wacko: KPHolmes picked him because of his long term value. Even if he were to lose 4 games his long term value could still be high.

People avoided because of perceived danger. Often perceived danger and real problems are very different. It's too early to tell. I think it was a good gamble.

Dude.....you need to use a little reading comprehension :D

I just said that missing 4 games wouldn't affect his long term value.

The pick is:

1) A steal, because his long term value is so good

or

2) Terrible, because something comes out and he goes to jail on a Felony conviction.

That's all I was saying. What's so hard to understand?

This is a dynasty league - even if he sits on my DTS this season, it isn't really a bust. He's already shown he has the ability to play well at a higher level.

I just had to take him knowing worst case scenario is he doesn't play a snap this season.

I'm sorry, I just can't get over this comment. I'm hopefully assuming that you would only DTS him if he's suspended otherwise it would appear to me that you are trying to get a better rookie pick in 2009.

Allright I will jump in this pool of self destruction :wacko: I have thick enough skin to stay afloat.

I have been behind the 8-ball due to some serious computer issues since we started and been having to play catch-up the whole way. My big gamble of course was being one of those who passed on Moss and honestly when I decided to take Colston to pair with Fitz I was thinking I am absolutely nuts. May not pay off for several years but I liked the idea of building my core with top talented youth and I am really high on Colston so it made it easier for me. I know that valuing youth higher can bite you in the arse but it's a strategy I decided to roll with earlier when I chose the 1.16 draft slot. I decided I would go WR/WR (Fitz, Edwards, Colston or AJ), due to the favorable scoring and roster requirements, and pair them with a top rookie RB from this year. I would basically have a pretty solid, young group of guys to build on.

My plan at the 3.16 / 4.01 was to get a solid LB since I figured there would be a big run before my next pick at 5.16. I was hoping to get Harris or Barnett and was a bit surprised to see one of them not there. Went with my next choice in Poz and could not pass up on Palmer as well at the turn. So far this draft is not playing out how I had envisioned but I am getting the opportunities to build the way I wanted.

I'm sorry, I just can't get over this comment. I'm hopefully assuming that you would only DTS him if he's suspended otherwise it would appear to me that you are trying to get a better rookie pick in 2009.

Thats what he is saying Zoot. Rather than give him a contract and have to face a penalty worst case scenario he can sit him on his DTS until its cleared up.

Allright I will jump in this pool of self destruction :wacko: I have thick enough skin to stay afloat.

I have been behind the 8-ball due to some serious computer issues since we started and been having to play catch-up the whole way. My big gamble of course was being one of those who passed on Moss and honestly when I decided to take Colston to pair with Fitz I was thinking I am absolutely nuts. May not pay off for several years but I liked the idea of building my core with top talented youth and I am really high on Colston so it made it easier for me. I know that valuing youth higher can bite you in the arse but it's a strategy I decided to roll with earlier when I chose the 1.16 draft slot. I decided I would go WR/WR (Fitz, Edwards, Colston or AJ), due to the favorable scoring and roster requirements, and pair them with a top rookie RB from this year. I would basically have a pretty solid, young group of guys to build on.

My plan at the 3.16 / 4.01 was to get a solid LB since I figured there would be a big run before my next pick at 5.16. I was hoping to get Harris or Barnett and was a bit surprised to see one of them not there. Went with my next choice in Poz and could not pass up on Palmer as well at the turn. So far this draft is not playing out how I had envisioned but I am getting the opportunities to build the way I wanted.

I figured that AJ was in your sights, thats why I felt I had to make the jump if I wanted him. BTW, you are doing just fine so far, computer problems or not. :D

I figured that AJ was in your sights, thats why I felt I had to make the jump if I wanted him. BTW, you are doing just fine so far, computer problems or not. :wacko:

Yes he is. His team is pretty balanced and he'll do better once the rookie draft starts.

I figured that AJ was in your sights, thats why I felt I had to make the jump if I wanted him. BTW, you are doing just fine so far, computer problems or not. :D

Such the statesman! :wacko:

Keep on truckin' 409ers...remember, the draft is the best part. Enjoy it!!

Round 4

4.01 49. SF409ers Posluszny, Paul BUF LB Fri Jun 13 12:58:12 p.m. ET 2008

4.02 50. Redcliff Maple Leafs Brown, Ronnie MIA RB Fri Jun 13 12:58:12 p.m. ET 2008 Pick made based on Pre-Draft List

4.03 51. Winnebago Derby Domes jacobs, Brandon NYG RB Fri Jun 13 12:58:12 p.m. ET 2008 Pick made based on Pre-Draft List

4.04 52. Sun City Little Blue Pills Bowe, Dwayne KCC WR Fri Jun 13 12:58:12 p.m. ET 2008 Pick made based on Pre-Draft List

4.05 53. Masked Burglars of Uranus Morrison, Kirk OAK LB Fri Jun 13 1:16:44 p.m. ET 2008

4.06 54. New York Chowder Urlacher, Brian CHI LB Fri Jun 13 1:29:45 p.m. ET 2008 Urlacher smash

4.07 55. NY/NJ MetroStars Parker, Willie PIT RB Fri Jun 13 4:09:40 p.m. ET 2008 Fast Willie

4.08 56. kpholmes Witherspoon, Will STL LB Fri Jun 13 4:09:40 p.m. ET 2008 Pick made based on Pre-Draft List

4.09 57. Brooklyn Ball Busters Jennings, Greg GBP WR Fri Jun 13 5:08:34 p.m. ET 2008

4.10 58. Should've had the vasectomy sooner White, Roddy ATL WR Fri Jun 13 5:50:08 p.m. ET 2008

4.11 59. La Whomper Nostra Tatupu, Lofa SEA LB Fri Jun 13 5:50:08 p.m. ET 2008 Pick made based on Pre-Draft List

4.12 60. Scottsdale Scouting Sundevils Harrison, Marvin IND WR Fri Jun 13 5:50:08 p.m. ET 2008

4.13 61. San Diego Silver Surfers Roethlisberger, Ben PIT QB Fri Jun 13 5:50:08 p.m. ET 2008 Pick made based on Pre-Draft List

4.14 62. Piney Woods Petro Pumpers Sims, Ernie DET LB Fri Jun 13 6:11:33 p.m. ET 2008

4.15 63. Maryland Crabs Henderson, E.J. MIN LB Fri Jun 13 6:23:06 p.m. ET 2008 Have to get a LB

4.16 64. Lake Superior Ojibwa Cooley, Chris WAS TE Fri Jun 13 6:23:06 p.m. ET 2008 Pick made based on Pre-Draft List

Round 5

5.01 65. Lake Superior Ojibwa Lewis, Jamal CLE RB Fri Jun 13 6:27:23 p.m. ET 2008

5.02 66. Maryland Crabs Gonzalez, Tony KCC TE Fri Jun 13 6:27:23 p.m. ET 2008 Pick made based on Pre-Draft List

5.03 67 Winnebago Derby Domes Evans, Lee BUF WR

5.04 68 San Diego Silver Surfers selected Fletcher-Baker, London WAS LB

5.06 70. La Whomper Nostra Lewis, Ray BAL LB

5.07 71. Should've had the vasectomy sooner White, LenDale TEN RB Fri Jun 13 7:37:56 p.m. ET 2008

5.08 72. Brooklyn Ball Busters Graham, Earnest TBB RB Fri Jun 13 7:41:43 p.m. ET 2008

5.09 73. kpholmes Ruud, Barrett TBB LB Fri Jun 13 8:37:57 p.m. ET 2008 Super Stud.

5.10 74. NY/NJ MetroStars Williams, Mario HOU DE Fri Jun 13 8:43:07 p.m. ET 2008

5.11 75. New York Chowder Clark, Dallas IND TE Sat Jun 14 2:45:39 p.m. ET 2008

5.12 76. Masked Burglars of Uranus Gonzalez, Anthony IND WR Sat Jun 14 2:59:13 p.m. ET 2008

5.13 77. Sun City Little Blue Pills Cotchery, Jerricho NYJ WR Sat Jun 14 2:59:13 p.m. ET 2008 Pick made based on Pre-Draft List

5.14 78. Piney Woods Petro Pumpers Pierce, Antonio NYG LB Sat Jun 14 4:12:01 p.m. ET 2008

5.15 79. Redcliff Maple Leafs Brackett, Gary IND LB Sat Jun 14 4:49:46 p.m. ET 2008

5.16 80. SF409ers Heap, Todd BAL TE Sat Jun 14 4:57:18 p.m. ET 2008

Edited by Randall

Round 6

6.01 81. SF409ers Briggs, Lance CHI LB Sat Jun 14 4:59:29 p.m. ET 2008

6.02 82. Redcliff Maple Leafs Chambers, Chris SDC WR Sat Jun 14 4:59:29 p.m. ET 2008 Pick made based on Pre-Draft List

6.03 83. Winnebago Derby Domes Dansby, Karlos ARI LB Sat Jun 14 4:59:29 p.m. ET 2008 Pick made based on Pre-Draft List

6.04 84. Sun City Little Blue Pills Scheffler, Tony DEN TE Sat Jun 14 4:59:29 p.m. ET 2008 Pick made based on Pre-Draft List

6.05 85. Masked Burglars of Uranus Berrian, Bernard MIN WR (went at 10.07 in ATAP :wacko: a homer pick).

6.06 86. New York Chowder Bulluck, Keith TEN LB May have great value here or may be on a DEEP decline.

6.07 87. NY/NJ MetroStars Shockey, Jeremy NYG TE Sat Jun 14 11:18:42 p.m. ET 2008

6.08 88. Hangtown Heroes Umenyiora, Osi NYG DE Sun Jun 15 2:28:00 p.m. ET 2008 Commish pick via text from kp.

6.09 89. Brooklyn Ball Busters Hasselbeck, Matt SEA QB Sun Jun 15 2:48:04 p.m. ET 2008

6.10 90. Should've had the vasectomy sooner Kampman, Aaron GBP DE Sun Jun 15 7:58:36 p.m. ET 2008

6.11 91. La Whomper Nostra Suggs, Terrell BAL DE Sun Jun 15 7:58:36 p.m. ET 2008 Pick made based on Pre-Draft List

6.12 92. Scottsdale Scouting Sundevils Tuck, Justin NYG DE VS 8.04 in ATOP but you knew he'd move up.

6.13 93. San Diego Silver Surfers Boley, Michael ATL LB Sun Jun 15 10:45:30 p.m. ET 2008 Pick made based on Pre-Draft List

6.14 94. Piney Woods Petro Pumpers James, Edgerrin ARI RB Sun Jun 15 11:30:34 p.m. ET 2008

6.15 95. Maryland Crabs Harris, Chris CAR S Sun Jun 15 11:30:34 p.m. ET 2008 VS 5.14 in ATOP

7th Round

6.16 96. Lake Superior Ojibwa Williams, DJ DEN LB Sun Jun 15 11:30:34 p.m. ET 2008 Pick made based on Pre-Draft List

7.01 97. Lake Superior Ojibwa Donald Driver WR 7.14 in ATOP

7.02 98. Maryland Crabs Cutler, Jay DEN QB 5.07 in ATOP

7.03 99. Piney Woods Petro Pumpers Daniels, Owen HOU TE Mon Jun 16 7:00:44 a.m. ET 2008 11.07 in ATAP

7.04 100. San Diego Silver Surfers Kerney, Patrick SEA DE Mon Jun 16 7:00:44 a.m. ET 2008 Pick made based on Pre-Draft List

7.05 101. Scottsdale Scouting Sundevils McNabb, Donovan PHI QB Was scouting owen daniels here but since he was taken, ill take the next best on the board in my eyes

7.06 102. I.D.P Freeley in New Jersey Anderson, Derek CLE QB Mon Jun 16 12:18:26 p.m. ET 2008

ROSTERS

I think Driver's going to surprise this year. Last season he had a lingering shoulder injury from the previous season and an ankle injury in TC.

Edited by Randall

Round 6

6.05 85. Masked Burglars of Uranus Berrian, Bernard MIN WR (went at 10.07 in ATAP :wacko: a homer pick).

:D Not so much a Homer pick as it is just necessity... while everyone else was scooping up the best WR's I was looking at other players... it's a calculated risk/reward at a weak position on my team.

Owens Daniels was too. 7.03 VS 11.07. Has there been news about him?

If you looked at ATAP, you will notice I took Shockey in round 7. Thats about where I think the last of the top TEs go, which I consider Daniels to be one of. Had I missed on Shockey in that league, I would have taken Daniels in the same spot.

Homer pick :wacko:...I got him in ATAP or else I would of waited a little longer instead of picking up Tony G

Maybe a little, but more of a value I didnt want to miss out on than anything

That one pist me off. Owen is a rising star in PPR.

Obviously I agree. :D

If you looked at ATAP, you will notice I took Shockey in round 7. Thats about where I think the last of the top TEs go, which I consider Daniels to be one of. Had I missed on Shockey in that league, I would have taken Daniels in the same spot.

So you had them in the same tier but at that time liked Shockey more?

EDIT to add. He's a Wisconsin boy and I like him too. I was hoping he'd drop so I could pick him a few rounds later.

Edited by Randall

So you had them in the same tier but at that time liked Shockey more?

EDIT to add. He's a Wisconsin boy and I like him too. I was hoping he'd drop so I could pick him a few rounds later.

Exactly. When his head is screwed on straight, I like Shockey just a tad more and I would have rolled the dice on him here too. As for Daniels, I think he has Witten type of upside. Of course it doesnt hurt that he is Texan. :wacko:

Exactly. When his head is screwed on straight, I like Shockey just a tad more and I would have rolled the dice on him here too. As for Daniels, I think he has Witten type of upside. Of course it doesnt hurt that he is Texan. :wacko:

The truth is starting to come out :D

The truth is starting to come out :wacko:

I agree. If there are 2 equal players and one of them is named Donald Driver ... well you know the rest. :D

I have my eye on a couple of Texans Zia may have to draft them early to make sure he gets them. :D

I think you are the one that needs to come out of the Texans closet, my friend. :D

You would think so by looking at my ATAP roster thats for sure, with Daniels, Shaubb and Rosenfeld :D

But we both know who the REAL team in TX is :wacko: