[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

McFadden's blog

MikesVikes

Per YardBarker:

submitted by DarrenMcFadden on April 16, 2008

I have been making a lot of trips to the NFL teams the last two weeks and wanted to catch the Yard up with my visits.

I had a great visit with the Raiders last week. It was my first trip and I had a great time. I got in Monday night and went to dinner with the offensive coordinator, Greg Knapp, and the running backs coach, Tom Rathman. Coach Rathman picked me up the next morning for breakfast. He gave me a tour of the facility and then we watched some film. We watched two of my games - one against Alabama and the Arkansas-LSU game. Coach Rathman seemed to like what he was watching. He said he likes tough running backs. In the LSU game we ran a dash right, a sprint out pass to the right. When the defensive end came charging in I hit him real good and knocked him backwards. Coach Rathman liked that play a whole lot. He is a coach I would love to play for. He is the type of coach who can take me to the next level and I'm a player who is looking and willing to work to get to that next level. I think we'd be a great combination.

I also got a chance to meet Al Davis. I was really excited about that. I'm just a guy from little ol' Arkansas meeting a legend like him. That was great. He had a lot of energy and he knows so much about the game and all the players in the draft. We spent about 10 minutes together and I enjoyed it very much.

I'll fill you in on my New England trip next.

Darren

link

(Saw this on a Raider board.)

Where does he mention that he chatted with the HEAD COACH? Al would like McFadden but Kiffin would like to look at defense first. I wonder who wins that one? :wacko:

Edited by MikesVikes

Guest Chappy
Per YardBarker:

Where does he mention that he chatted with the HEAD COACH? Al would like McFadden but Kiffin would like to look at defense first. I wonder who wins that one? :wacko:

Yeah, if that's the case McFadden's a Raider.

ETA: By the way, I have a tough time believing McFadden's writing any of what you read in those blogs. I'm not 100% sure but I think I saw him do an interview and it sounded as though he was having trouble putting together a coherent, meaningful thought.

Edited by Chappy

ETA: By the way, I have a tough time believing McFadden's writing any of what you read in those blogs. I'm not 100% sure but I think I saw him do an interview and it sounded as though he was having trouble putting together a coherent, meaningful thought.

There is NO way he wrote that.

He had a phone call with a ghost writer (or his agent), who the submitted the blog / article.

Yeah, if that's the case McFadden's a Raider.

There is NO way he wrote that.

He had a phone call with a ghost writer (or his agent), who the submitted the blog / article.

I thought the blog was poorly written, regardless of who wrote it.

Guest Chappy
I thought the blog was poorly written, regardless of who wrote it.

Then you haven't heard McFadden speak yet as the blog entries are better than his comments during interviews.

Oh I have... He says "you know" in between every word he says... More so than Vince Young. The only guy who speaks less eloquently then he is Jamaal Charles. Maybe.

Speaking and writing are two different things entirely. I know plenty of folks, that when you put them on the spot (like interviews), sputter and use detractors. In fact, most people do. These same people are most often perfectly capable of writing correctly. They just get nervous.

I'm not saying he did or didn't write it, but it is impossible to say he is "dumb" just by hearing an interview...

Guest Chappy
Speaking and writing are two different things entirely. I know plenty of folks, that when you put them on the spot (like interviews), sputter and use detractors. In fact, most people do. These same people are most often perfectly capable of writing correctly. They just get nervous.

I'm not saying he did or didn't write it, but it is impossible to say he is "dumb" just by hearing an interview...

Well it's not impossible, actually it's pretty likely that you could make a very solid assumption that he is. However, you are certainly in the right saying that it could be nervousness as well and that he may be perfectly capable of expressing himself through writing after he's gotten the chance to think things through. However, if I were a betting man I would've be putting my money in that corner.

Oh I have... He says "you know" in between every word he says... More so than Vince Young. The only guy who speaks less eloquently then he is Jamaal Charles. Maybe.

I take it you have never heard Jerry Rice on Sirius NFL radio?