[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

How diverse is your taste in music?

Ziachild007

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll bet none of you have this CD. ha. darin, sky, chavez....you all been served....I am the Most Diverse :wacko:

I never claimed diversity. I consider myself diverse compared to most but I'm a poser when you meet a real music junkie.

Might make for an interesting thread in it's own right - see who can name the most obscure bands no-one else here has ever heard of. :wacko:

Didn't you already anoint me the winner for Godspeed You Black Emperor! ?

arent they more Jazz fusion than metal ?

Maybe there's another band out there with the same name... This is the Tankard I am talking about. Comically awesome thrash metal band with great lyrics about metal, zombies, beer drinking...:wacko: ...drinking other forms of alchol, beer in general, beer in specific....

I think they kinda realize how comically dumb their lyrics are and make it work for 'em. Lotsa fun.

Ooooo, so you like OBSCURE stuff. Of course, I can name all sorts of obscure metal bands nobody has ever heard of (Savage Thrust? Wargasm? Wehrmacht? Tankard?) or an obscure composer (Ligeti?) or other under-the-radar stuff (Yat-Kha? Sage Francis? Juiceboxxx? To My Surprise? Echobrain?) and we can have a pissing match about it.

Obscurity doesn't indicate anything in and of itself.

Do you really listen to Sage Francis?

I think he had a guest appearance on some Gruvis Malt stuff Darin sent me.

I have one SF track on my hard drive. I don't really have all that much rap, just the usual "white boy" suspects - Cypress, Tribe, Beasties, PE's Fear of a Black Planet, Digital Underground's Sex Packets, House of Pain....um, I think that's it for CDs; I have some Atmosphere, Common, and some odd singles on my hard drive. I DID have Cannibal Ox's The Cold Vein but donated it to the library.

I don't dislike rap, just I don't really listen to it that much - the local radio station that I prefer plays non-gangsta stuff and I like it alright. Just not enough to buy a whole album of it.

I have some great new schtuff for ya but it doesn't merit its own thread, nor do I think it belongs here and I think it'd get lost in your "recommend me" thread. Maybe I'll just PM ya.

I'm the diversinist mf'er y'all have ever seen. None of you are more diverse than me.

In my car right now:

- Johnny Classic and the Classic Johns

- God Street Wine

- Aberfeldy

- Ataxia

- Plaid

- The Album Leaf

- Cocorosie

None of you listen to any of them, I swear to God. That makes me cool.

And if any of these bands have a hit song, I will toss the album out on the street and spit on it.