[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Pacman reportedly paid 'extortion' cash in Vegas shooting

budlitebrad

If this can be proven Pacman doesn't play another game in the NFL.

Why he was the victim in this. The guy threatened to go after his family. I am sure you would protect your family...by any means possible. Plus the Las Vegas police did not think they had enough on him to charge him with the heavy charges. So as much as everyone hates Pacman he will be back on the field as long as he stays out of trouble... which he has.

Why he was the victim in this. The guy threatened to go after his family. I am sure you would protect your family...by any means possible. Plus the Las Vegas police did not think they had enough on him to charge him with the heavy charges. So as much as everyone hates Pacman he will be back on the field as long as he stays out of trouble... which he has.

I guess my question is this..... Was it extortion money or was it nothing more than hush money?

I guess my question is this..... Was it extortion money or was it nothing more than hush money?

Well the police are calling it extortion... so unless you think the police are making up stuff I guess it is would be extortion. You think the police would not go after pacman if they thought it was hush money... I think they would of.

:wacko:

Did you read the article?

Las Vegas police said Jones met briefly with Edwards after a brawl led Jones and his entourage to be ejected from the Minxx strip club several blocks off the Las Vegas Strip. The two men parted, according to witnesses, and shots were fired moments later toward the club.

About a week later, someone began contacting Jones by telephone seeking money for "services rendered," according to the police report filed to obtain Edwards' arrest warrant.

Police alleged in the documents that one of the go-betweens told Jones that if he refused to pay, the accused shooter would "go after Jones, his mother and daughter."

Jones, met with Edwards breifly after being ejected from the club, moments later Edwards fires shots into the club, and then Edwards uses go-betweens to collect money from Jones for "services rendered".

If this is true, and there's no way to tell whether it is or isn't, this isn't a case of extortion - this is a case of a hitter being contracted by Jones and then trying to collect after performing the hit.

Edited by Bronco Billy

:wacko:

Did you read the article?

Las Vegas police said Jones met briefly with Edwards after a brawl led Jones and his entourage to be ejected from the Minxx strip club several blocks off the Las Vegas Strip. The two men parted, according to witnesses, and shots were fired moments later toward the club.

About a week later, someone began contacting Jones by telephone seeking money for "services rendered," according to the police report filed to obtain Edwards' arrest warrant.

Police alleged in the documents that one of the go-betweens told Jones that if he refused to pay, the accused shooter would "go after Jones, his mother and daughter."

Jones, met with Edwards breifly after being ejected from the club, moments later Edwards fires shots into the club, and then Edwards uses go-betweens to collect money from Jones for "services rendered".

If this is true, and there's no way to tell whether it is or isn't, this isn't a case of extortion - this is a case of a hitter being contracted by Jones and then trying to collect after performing the hit.

yes I did read the articile. It said Pacman "BRIEFLY" spoke to the shooter. NOT Planned the shooting. Also the Police alleged in a document from neither the shooter or Pacman that if Pacman refused to pay he would go after his family. SO that does not sound like hush money to me. yes the Shooter is saying services rendered?? IF the Police believed that information, Pacman would be up for attempted murder charges.

you just made my point. There is no evidence other than what a 3rd party has stated, which the Police belive.

Are you trying to tell me Pacman should be considered innocent in this? Ill wait to hear your answer on that before I say anything else...

you just made my point. There is no evidence other than what a 3rd party has stated, which the Police belive.

Well, you were doing such a piss poor job doing it yourself, I thought I'd help you out...

Let's just say that given Jones' track record that his credibility isn't much better than Edwards' - and it is completely believable that Jones would contract out with Edwards to throw some shots into the club after what happened.