[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

NHL Playoffs

chiefjay

Yeah, I saw that, real nice. And I agree with your first post, the referreeing was weak in that game. Since everyone in the Warroom and all the Refs are Canadians, and a Canadian team hasn't won the Cup in quite some time, methinks they'll be getting quite the share of the calls going forward. Well, looks like I'll be rooting for the Flyers. :D

+1

My stance on :wacko: about officiating is well documented on this site. :D However, that was pretty bad last night, and if I were a Flyers fan, I would be pissed as well. I'll be rooting for the Flyers as well, even though, I think they are a tougher match-up IF the Pens get to the finals. A Flyers-Pens finals would be incredibly entertaining.

• Replies 438
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

+1

My stance on :wacko: about officiating is well documented on this site. :D However, that was pretty bad last night, and if I were a Flyers fan, I would be pissed as well. I'll be rooting for the Flyers as well, even though, I think they are a tougher match-up IF the Pens get to the finals. A Flyers-Pens finals would be incredibly entertaining.

I would love to see a Flyers-Pens conference final. Even though I don't think the Flyers would win, I think it would be one hell of a series.

Hey, considering the Flyers were the worst team in hockey last season I can live with them losing this series. Just think if we had Gagne we might have had a good shot at getting to the finals.

You want to talk about BS calls? How about the ridiculous goal they gave Montreal with the clear high stick and then with 1:30 left in the game, Richards gets called for kneeing when he clearly hit Kovalev with his shoulder. I can deal with close calls but those two calls were horrible.

There is nothing better then playoff hockey but these refs have to start calling better games. And I mean for all teams, not just the Flyers.

I just assumed that after review, they'd disallow that obvious high stick goal. Unreal. I didn't get to see that game as the Wings-Avs game was on VS here. But I did see the highlights on the NHL network and it was a travesty, that's for sure. Now I could see how the refs had to call the penalty against the Caps, but that Richards call was rediculous. And in overtime of a playoff game too. Methinks anyone facing the Habs from here on out is gonna have to play one against two(the extra man being the refs) and that's a damn shame. My roommate a long time ago was a Bruins fan and I learned quite well how to hate the Canadiens. I've always hated the Flyers, but like Hugh, I'm rooting for them.

Should I start a thread that says "F'k The Canadiens"?

The only thing I hate more than people crying about people crying about making bad calls is Canadians.

:D Well I have no argument for that. Except most of the players on your favorite team are from there. :wacko: I will say that I didnt see the game because I was watching the Wings squeek by. OZZIEEEEE!!! But I did see the replay on SC and the goal looked to me like it was right at crossbar level when Kovalev knocked it in. But SC only showed one angle and it was tough to see. As far as the Richards penalty goes, I would have to see it again. It looked to me like he tripped or interfered with him. But I would have to see the whole play. If he was called for kneeing, well I didnt see any kneeing going on. And seeing as though it was overtime in the playoffs, umm a few years ago they wouldnt call it. But they did say they would be calling penalties consistant thoughout the games now as opposed to letting everything outside of a beheading go. I for one liked the old days better.

:D Well I have no argument for that. Except most of the players on your favorite team are from there. :wacko: I will say that I didnt see the game because I was watching the Wings squeek by. OZZIEEEEE!!! But I did see the replay on SC and the goal looked to me like it was right at crossbar level when Kovalev knocked it in. But SC only showed one angle and it was tough to see. As far as the Richards penalty goes, I would have to see it again. It looked to me like he tripped or interfered with him. But I would have to see the whole play. If he was called for kneeing, well I didnt see any kneeing going on. And seeing as though it was overtime in the playoffs, umm a few years ago they wouldnt call it. But they did say they would be calling penalties consistant thoughout the games now as opposed to letting everything outside of a beheading go. I for one liked the old days better.

The high sticking play is just a matter of physics. If Kovalev was swinging down (which he was) and he hit the puck and then the top of the crossbar with his stick (which he did) then I don't see how that can not be called high sticking. I don't think we will ever see a better case of high sticking then someone right next to the crossbar doing it. They showed that replay at least a dozen times last night during the review and they only angle that was unclear was the camera from above the rink. the other angles clearly show the high sticking.

The replay of the Richards check shows that his knee didn't even touch Kovalev. He went into him with his shoulder which is perfectly legal.

People can call that crying alll they want. I'm just pointing out the facts.

The high sticking play is just a matter of physics. If Kovalev was swinging down (which he was) and he hit the puck and then the top of the crossbar with his stick (which he did) then I don't see how that can not be called high sticking. I don't think we will ever see a better case of high sticking then someone right next to the crossbar doing it. They showed that replay at least a dozen times last night during the review and they only angle that was unclear was the camera from above the rink. the other angles clearly show the high sticking.

The replay of the Richards check shows that his knee didn't even touch Kovalev. He went into him with his shoulder which is perfectly legal.

People can call that crying alll they want. I'm just pointing out the facts.

:wacko: Hosers in 4.

:D

:wacko: Man, what a freekin game! 5-4 Pens after being down 3-0. This team has definately come of age. But the Rangers had me sh*tting my pants in the last seconds....off the post! Whew! What a game! This series is gonna rock!

:D Man, what a freekin game! 5-4 Pens after being down 3-0. This team has definately come of age. But the Rangers had me sh*tting my pants in the last seconds....off the post! Whew! What a game! This series is gonna rock!

:wacko: I'm stuck at the airport and I missed the entire thing !!!!! :D

However, I was following on the internet......when I boarded the plane the 2nd time, Pens were down 2-0. I called my wife and had her report the score, Pens down 3-2 , then I called again after we de-boarded for the 2nd time. Pens win, Pens win !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Made my night, as everything else sucks right now !!!!!!

:D:D:brew:

:wacko: I'm stuck at the airport and I missed the entire thing !!!!! :D

However, I was following on the internet......when I boarded the plane the 2nd time, Pens were down 2-0. I called my wife and had her report the score, Pens down 3-2 , then I called again after we de-boarded for the 2nd time. Pens win, Pens win !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Made my night, as everything else sucks right now !!!!!!

:D:D:brew:

You missed a hell of a hockey game, win or lose. Therien sent his hard core line(Ruutu, Laraque) after going down 3-0. It paid dividends with Ruutu getting a lucky deflection for a goal and a 1-3 deficit, but they scored 14 seconds later. Sweet.

Man, good luck with your trip. I imagine you just want to sleep about now.

Yep, but at least you stuck it up their asses this game. Looks like Price can be rattled if you get in his face.

Montreal doesn't scare me as much now as before the series started. I think the Flyers are getting under their skin a little and causing them to lose focus. I thought Montreal would skate cuircles around the Flyers but not so far.

2games to none! :wacko: Man, what a freekin' nailbiter though. Yeah, I know. The Blueshirts got robbed by the quick whistle but I've seen this countless times when the ref loses sight of the puck. It does suck big time when it happens against you.

I expected alot more from the Rangers this game. They didn't really get in front of the net as much as I thought they would. That will change I'm sure. This series is still far from over. Pens need to learn how to win in the Garden or this will turn into a best of 3 series. Hopefully we can take one at MSG. The first game was fun to watch, but this game was more like playoff hockey. Till Tuesday.....

Yeah, the quick whistle was tough, bad luck for the Rangers. I loved the Penguins going after Avery the one time in the game when you CAN afford it, when time expired and you won't go to the box. :wacko:

Pens need to win Game 3. The Rangers have a lot of talent, Lundquist is absolutely phenomenal, the Pens have to stay on top of these guys and on top of the series. The first goal Tuesday night on the road would be huge, as it would help take the crowd out of it and possibly get the Rangers to start thinking.

Anywho, the Pens took care of business at home, now hopefully they can steal one at the Garden.

Oh, and nice sucker punch by the Canadiens, they're becoming easy to root against. :D

2games to none! :D Man, what a freekin' nailbiter though. Yeah, I know. The Blueshirts got robbed by the quick whistle but I've seen this countless times when the ref loses sight of the puck. It does suck big time when it happens against you.

I expected alot more from the Rangers this game. They didn't really get in front of the net as much as I thought they would. That will change I'm sure. This series is still far from over. Pens need to learn how to win in the Garden or this will turn into a best of 3 series. Hopefully we can take one at MSG. The first game was fun to watch, but this game was more like playoff hockey. Till Tuesday.....

Awesome game !!!!!!!!!!!!! :D:wacko:

I watched at a place called 'The Foundry' in Aurora, IL. What an awesome Sports Bar !!!!!!!!!!!!! Wow !!!!!

Oh, and nice sucker punch by the Canadiens, they're becoming easy to root against. :D

He got his tonight. :D I saw him get leveled twice. Never thought I'd be rooting for the Flyers, but what the hell. Mehates the Habs. Didn't see the Hatcher major(mother nature called), but he had to be stupid for letting the Hosers back in it. Way to hang on Philly. Here's to sticking it up their arsses in game 4 too. :wacko:

I watched at a place called 'The Foundry' in Aurora, IL. What an awesome Sports Bar !!!!!!!!!!!!! Wow !!!!!

This bar is a little over an hour south of me but I have a buddy that lives right down the road from this place. It is a phenominal sports bar. But not my favorite place to watch a big game, or a game I am intensly interested in. Its actually too big. I prefer a smaller venue with more energy. That place is cavernous.