[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Bye Bye longball

whomper

HR's in baseball  

10 members have voted

1. 1. Is baseball better or worse with the watered down HR totals ?

• Better I am a purist and would rather see fair play
    • Worse although roids were cheating it was more exciting to watch
    • Puddy

I was listening to Mike and Mike yesterday morning and they raised some interesting questions regarding baseball. At the current pace baseball will be down 1000 Homeruns as compared to last year. They contribute that to harsh testing and the Mitchell report. Then they posed the question that although from a fairness and ethics point of view the game is better off you are also waving goodbye to the "Chicks dig the longball"' era. Some people dont really care if their teams players were on the juice and prefer a more exciting game as opposed to a cleaner game with less Pop. Personally I prefer the clean game but the emails to their show in regards to the topic were mixed. What says you ?

When you take steroids, the only person you are cheating is yourself.

maybe i am a little naive about it, but i'd like to see them define what is acceptable and what is not with regard to suppliments. everyone wants to improve somtehing about themselves and get an edge. it's up to the league to set the perameters and then enforce them.

i just want to see a level playing field (one way or the other). as a fan of the national league, i prefer seeing the "generation" of runs... the fundamentals of baseball.

+1. As a fan of Minnesota, I'm very pleased to see the brute force and ignorance level reduced. Small ball rules!