[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

cirque du soleil in vegas

montster

my wife and i are going to vegas at the end of june. we want to see one of the cirque du soleil shows and were wondering what opinions are of each one (all except the beatles one, which i don't think we'd be that into). we've never seen cirque before and were leaning toward "O," but if anyone has any opinions on why one is better than the others, i'd love to hear it. thanks.

Too bad. LOVE is phenomenal.

Zumanity is excellent if you are into that sort of thing. Check the reviews, its the most "erotic" of them.

We are planning on seeing KA next time we go and I have read that it may be the best one.

Mystere is also supposed to be very but I haven't seen it.

I would pass on O as most of the reviews I read on it are so-so in comparison to the rest. Still its probably good.

Have fun!

synopsis

Edited by Zooty

My buddy and I took our ladies to see Zumanity, to say it sealed the deal was an understatement. Every chick in the place had lust in their eyes leaving that show. It's the only Cirque show I've seen, but it was pretty dam impressive. This show is guaranteed to get you laid.

Too bad. LOVE is phenomenal.

Zumanity is excellent if you are into that sort of thing. Check the reviews, its the most "erotic" of them.

We are planning on seeing KA next time we go and I have read that it may be the best one.

Mystere is also supposed to be very but I haven't seen it.

I would pass on O as most of the reviews I read on it are so-so in comparison to the rest. Still its probably good.

Have fun!

synopsis

so you saw it and liked it? thanks for the advice -- i thought "O" was supposed to be the quintessential cirque experience, but i'll have to check out zumanity.

My buddy and I took our ladies to see Zumanity, to say it sealed the deal was an understatement. Every chick in the place had lust in their eyes leaving that show. It's the only Cirque show I've seen, but it was pretty dam impressive. This show is guaranteed to get you laid.

:wacko: i'm not worried about that. this is our first vacation as a couple since our kid was born three-plus years ago. we're just looking for stuff to do when we're NOT having sex. :D

As Zooty said, too bad you want to pass on LOVE because it's my favorite of the Las Vegas bunch (and I've seen every Crique in Las Vegas). I am a fan of the Beatles, although not hard core. Here's the rundown for the other Vegas Cirque shows as I see it:

O -- the "O" stands for water and "Overrated" in my opinion. It's not awful, as the staging is amazing, but that's what it's about. Not as much about the performers and more about how fast they can fill a giant water tank.

Ka -- a solid show, with a cool tilting stage and this show highlights the performers' abilities better than O. As with most Cirque shows, each scene outstays it's welcome by about 2 miniutes or so, but I found this one to be pretty enjoyable.

Mystere -- the best bargin of the bunch. It's Cirque at it's purest. This show is what started it all in Vegas. Simple staging (if you can use the word simple with a Cirque show) and cool stunts. The only downside of this one is that this show is most guilty of my gripe about Cirque shows which is same as above: each scene goes on a bit too long.

LOVE -- As I said above, this is my pick. I make the disclaimer of liking the Beatles, but I am not a fanatic or anything. I could enjoy the music while whatching the show whereas the other shows, the music is much more obscure and not as cool.

Zumanity -- Meh. It had a decent sense of humor, but this is not the show I would send a Cirque virgin in to see.

If I had to order the shows from favorite to least favorite: 1. LOVE T-2. Mystere & Ka 3. O 4. Zumanity

NOTE: I'd personally check out Blue Man Group before all cirque shows except LOVE.

Edited by TDFFFreak

Mystere -- the best bargin of the bunch. It's Cirque at it's purest. This show is what started it all in Vegas. Simple staging (if you can use the word simple with a Cirque show) and cool stunts. The only downside of this one is that this show is most guilty of my gripe about Cirque shows which is same as above: each scene goes on a bit too long.

I've seen this one, in the 60 dollar seats which were over to the side. Given that most of it is in the round I found it to be quite a fine view. The show was great, although as he points out can be ponderous at times.

I've seen Mystere, O, and Blue Man group in Vegas. I liked Mystere and Blue Man group. I know Blue Man isn't a Cirque show, but it's in the same vein of show type. O was cool for the water tricks, but not as interesting to watch as Mystere. I also saw La Nouba at the Marketplace in Disney World. That one is my favorite, but that's kinda a drive for you during your vacation.

• 1 month later...
we went with mystere, mainly because it was the cheapest and there were front-row seats available for one of the nights we're there. thanks all for the advice. :wacko:

saw this a few nights ago and we really liked it. the night did not start off well, though: for some reason, i thought that treasure island (where mystere was playing) was across from bally's, about a 10-minute walk from where we were staying. obviously, it wasn't. my wife kept asking why we weren't taking a cab, and i said, "because it's like 10 minutes away!" obviously, it wasn't. when we got to where i thought it was, and it wasn't there, i saw that it was probably twice as far as we had just walked. in 105-degree heat. i said we could take a cab, but she kept walking and didn't stop. thankfully, the seats were in the front row and we got there with plenty of time to spare, so i didn't completely ruin the evening. :D we will definitely see another cirque show next time we're in vegas.