[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

The NEW IPhone..

iTonorator will be along shortly to brief you on the new iPhone and more than likely give you the entire history of iApple. :wacko:

:D

it is expected to be announced on june 9 during steve jobs' address at at the mac worldwide developer's conference. while it is expected to be announced on that day, there's no confirmation that it will be available yet. according to this update from macrumors, however, the chances are good:

Apple's hotly anticipated 3G iPhone may be en route to the US according to analysis by ImportGenius.com.

Since mid-March, Apple Inc. and its logistics partners have imported 188 ocean containers of a product type never before declared on its shipping manifests. [...] On March 19 Quanta delivered 20 ocean containers of merchandise, described on the Bills of Lading as "electric computers," to Apple, Inc. Neither Apple, Quanta, nor any other company has ever used this product description for any shipments to the U.S. [...] Over the last few months shipments of "desktop computers" and other devices did not fall off, indicating that these "electric computers" represent a new product for the company rather than a simple renaming for their Customs declarations.

The site speculates that the term "electric computers" refers to the new iPhone. While this may be, there have also been rumors of a new device that may see a WWDC launch.

Interestingly one of the shipments of the "electric computers" reportedly weighed in at 7140 kg for 504 units. This would mean each unit weighs approximately 14 kg or 30 lbs, although it is unclear whether the shipping container weight itself is included. It would also be surprising if the 3G iPhone would have been completed and shipping as early as March.

ImportGenius is a web application that allows businesses to search international trade records, according to CrunchBase.

The company’s database contains every shipment entering the United States, allowing busineses to access contact information for each of their competitor’s overseas suppliers, or each of their overseas suppliers U.S. customers. Access to the database is sold as a monthly subscription.

ImportGenius.com is new to the Apple rumor scene, and the reliability of their information is unknown at this time.

per above, the primary advantage of the new phone is said to be a move to the 3G network, away from EDGE. this should dramatically speed up surfing.

eta: oh, and for the history of apple, click here.

Edited by tonorator

When are iPod prices coming down? Is the Nano going to come out soon in a bigger size? Say 16 or 32GB? Any other new models?

expect updates to the nano and touch in JAS 08. no specifics available that i know of ... the nano is pretty f'n sweet right now.

expect updates to the nano and touch in JAS 08. no specifics available that i know of ... the nano is pretty f'n sweet right now.

I bought a Nano for my wife for mother's day. I like it, just wish is had more memory. 8GBs is a little on the small end. The 80GB classic is a little overkill. A n iPod the size of a Nano or a little bigger with 30-40GBs would be perfect.

And when are you gonna be able to take pictures and text them back and forth on the IPhone?...you know, like lesser cell phones can do.

I'm sure they will toss small features like that in there in a 2.0 upgrade coming next month to the software, or soon after. Since the phone is already so successful and popular, I'm sure they will soon be tossing in the rest of the minor features other phones have.