[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

First three rounds from my "experts" draft today

DMD

Wow, look at that team with the first pick. He gets LT, then Peyton & FItz both last until his last pick in the second. He doesn't get to pick another RB for almost two more rounds but if he hits on one more player he could have one of the best teams I've ever seen. He very well could have the top QB, RB & WR in FF this year.

Then he picks Julius Jones.

I find it extremely hard to believe that Portis lasted ujntil the 4.5 in a WCOFF draft. I hope this is a misprint.

\

My bad..as drunk as I am right now, I just realized you said LAST year.

:wacko:

Bro...it's Tuesday night....

:D

Meh. I think you should have grabbed Mcfadden, McGahee, or MJD before Wayne, taken the next best WR in the 3rd round and snagged a tier 2 QB come the 4th, 5th, or 6th round. Your RBs are pretty weak beyond RB1. Good for a dynasty team, but not a redraft IMO.

While I considered that, I would also be building just an average team IMO. I would not have a top anything in any position pretty much. We start 3 WR and we get PPR so I did not want to wait on getting at least one good one.

I agree with you, David. TDFFF's strategy is the path straight to mediocrity. It's the typical "pick 2 RB with your first 2 picks" that a predominance of FF owners use and that will get you hoping to sneak into the playoffs in weeks 12 & 13. You adjust strategy as the opportunity avails itself. Wayne @ 2.04 is an outstanding pick, especially with ppr. Any WR that would have been available at 3.09 would have been a large drop off, and some of your young RBs figure to make some noise during the season.

You've got a team with a lot of flexibility, and one that you can tweak as the season progresses because of the tradability of the young RBs. The thing I really like about the team is that it figures to improve as the season moves forward. That can't be underestimated.

I agree with you, David. TDFFF's strategy is the path straight to mediocrity. It's the typical "pick 2 RB with your first 2 picks" that a predominance of FF owners use and that will get you hoping to sneak into the playoffs in weeks 12 & 13. You adjust strategy as the opportunity avails itself. Wayne @ 2.04 is an outstanding pick, especially with ppr. Any WR that would have been available at 3.09 would have been a large drop off, and some of your young RBs figure to make some noise during the season.

You've got a team with a lot of flexibility, and one that you can tweak as the season progresses because of the tradability of the young RBs. The thing I really like about the team is that it figures to improve as the season moves forward. That can't be underestimated.

For whatever it's worth, I won BOTH Bling Bling 2 years in a row with the strategy stated in my earlier post. Last year I was the #1 pick, but the year before that I was between 7th and the 9th pick (I can't remember). In BOTH Empire last year I finished 3rd in the regular season with the 9th pick overall.

My point was that David was looking at McGahee in the first round and when he fell to him in the 2nd, he passed on him.

I think in some years and situations it's smart to think differently, but as long as the injury bug has stayed away from my players, the RB-RB method has worked just fine. If I don't like the RBs left on the board, I won't take them. In any case, the strategy has performed far better than the path straight to mediocrity IMO.

Edited by TDFFFreak

Well, it never ceases to amaze me how much stock people put into the last years performance in drafting this years FF players. With Moss at #7 I'd want him to break the or meet the records he set last year.

I drafted Clinton Portis in all three of my re-drafts last year including 4.5 at WCOFF. Now he is being picked as a #1 RB? What?

I see a lot of value slipping later.

Time to start researching.

Wurd.

I would not take Brees over Romo, but I would take Brees next for sure and probably get him cheaper than I should IMO.

I would not take Brees over Romo, but I would take Brees next for sure and probably get him cheaper than I should IMO.

Just out of curiosity, what are the odds that - had you passed on Romo at 3.9 - that he'd have still been there at 4.4?

I ask because Stewart seems like a weaker RB2 than someone like Jamal Lewis (just my opinion) that was available at 3.9. Granted, none of the three teams drafting after you had QBs yet, so I suppose there was a substantial risk Romo would be picked before 4.4. But then again, none of the teams drafting after you took QBs late in the 3rd. What did they do at the turn in the early 4th before your 4.4?

SA ouch!! Looks like I'm not the only one that got burned by SA last year lol.

Yeah, don't let anyone tell you that you cannot win without stud RBs. I had several get injured on me during the year as well and ended up with an amazing mishmash for a team that won the Championship. Then again, owning Moss and Witten were rather helpful.

Yeah, don't let anyone tell you that you cannot win without stud RBs. I had several get injured on me during the year as well and ended up with an amazing mishmash for a team that won the Championship. Then again, owning Moss and Witten were rather helpful.

I too had a mishmash for a team that went to the chip (although I didn't win it). Picking up Grant and riding S.Morris,L.Washington sure did help though.

Wow you survived a Ryan Grant dumping?

I had Grant on maybe four teams and had to dump him in three before he went off because of other needs. That KILLED me to see him going off knowing I was sitting on him for several weeks in a few leagues but had to dump him.

But if your stud RBs don't get injured you'll have a leg up on the way to a championship. :wacko: