[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

The Stangers - who has seen it?

Duchess Jack

I have heard mixed - if not exclusive - reviews.

1) Scarey as anything. Complete mind frak. I cannot imagine what makes it so bad but I have heard it is super haunting.

2) Critics have torn it apart.

So... I am looking for some insight because I don't think I will see it myself... I don't want any icky feelings hanging over me. I stew in things and I am sure whatever it leaves me with would be hard to shake.

Are you talking about getting some "strange" :D or "The strangers"... :D

I thught this was about giving yourself a stranger... You know, where you sit on your hand for 5 minutes until it falls asleep, and then whack off so it feels like "a stranger" is doing it.

No? :wacko:

I liked it. I didn't think that the movie itself was that scary. But I don't see a whole lot of these kind of movies either, so I have nothing to compare it to.

What IS freaky for me is that its based on a true story. That's just plain f-ed up. Definitely makes you think twice when coming home to your empty house late at night.

Edited by Jo

It should be noted that the Texas Chainsaw Massacre was supposedly "based on a true story", but it wasnt (from what I remember). The opening says something like, "The following events are based on events that reall happened..."

http://www.snopes.com/movies/films/chainsaw.asp

Ok so its pretty sick, but still...

It should be noted that the Texas Chainsaw Massacre was supposedly "based on a true story", but it wasnt (from what I remember). The opening says something like, "The following events are based on events that reall happened..."

http://www.snopes.com/movies/films/chainsaw.asp

Ok so its pretty sick, but still...

It was based off of Ed Gein.

Loosly.

As was Psycho (best horror movie ever) and silence of the lambs.

My 12 year old son and his buddy wanted me to go with them last night. I passed. Mom dropped them off and went shopping.

Boys liked it. They said it was not real scary, but a little freaky. They said when the movie started they were the only two people in the theatre?

They said that was real freaky. A few people showed up right after it started.

I saw it. It was good, suspenseful, and the acting was good. But the very end, like literally the last 3 seconds messed it up for me. Instead of seeing a good thriller, and walking away a bit frightened, I walked away laughing. Just a stupid, stupid ending.

And Liv Tyler is no longer the hottie she once was. Not even close.

I'd give the movie 2 out of 4 stars. If it wasn't for the ending, it would have gotten a 3.

I saw it. It was good, suspenseful, and the acting was good. But the very end, like literally the last 3 seconds messed it up for me. Instead of seeing a good thriller, and walking away a bit frightened, I walked away laughing. Just a stupid, stupid ending.

And Liv Tyler is no longer the hottie she once was. Not even close.

I'd give the movie 2 out of 4 stars. If it wasn't for the ending, it would have gotten a 3.

And Liv Tyler is no longer the hottie she once was :wacko:

always thought she was hot and then she put on elf ears and the nerd in me took over. ruined my keyboard.