[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Atlanta - Roswell

i_am_the_swammi

Closing our purchase of the Doubletree Roswell tonight at midnight...first hotel I actually own a piece of, so I'm pretty stoked.

May have tomorrow evening free for some drinks. Anyone around in this neck of the city? I am without wheels, so I'd need to cab it whereever.

Also, we want to have a nice celebratory dinner with the management team on Thursday night....any ideas of a good restaurant close to the hotel? We are on Holcomb-Bridge road, just off the 400. I heard there are some nice independent restaurants in old Roswell that would be nice?

Closing our purchase of the Doubletree Roswell tonight at midnight...first hotel I actually own a piece of, so I'm pretty stoked.

May have tomorrow evening free for some drinks. Anyone around in this neck of the city? I am without wheels, so I'd need to cab it whereever.

Also, we want to have a nice celebratory dinner with the management team on Thursday night....any ideas of a good restaurant close to the hotel? We are on Holcomb-Bridge road, just off the 400. I heard there are some nice independent restaurants in old Roswell that would be nice?

Fratelli's is a good Italian place in downtown Roswell. Or, my favorite is a good Mediterranian place, Efendi Cafe.

Edited by SEC=UGA

Fratelli's is a good Italian place in downtown Roswell. Or, my favorite is a good Mediterranian place, Efendi Cafe.

I would say I would meet you guys out, but you probably don't want to spend any time with an apartment broker....

Thanks for the rec's....I'll check them out.

Our equity partner owns a bunch of multi-family here in Atlanta, so anyone in the apartment business is Ok with me :wacko:

If you're willing to venture out alittle there is a very nice Italian/Greek place called Sugo in John's Creek. If you go North on 400 to Old Milton Parkway and take that east for about 3 miles you'll run into 141. Take 141 North for about 1 1/2miles and turn right on Wilson Road. The resturant is immediately on your right.

I'm not too familiar with Roswell, I tend to stay in Alpharetta.

I can drive from my place tomorrow evening for some :wacko:

very cool...let's tentatively plan on it...I should be good to go anytime after 7:00'ish...I'll PM you my cell number later, and we can coordinate. be very cool to finally meet some of the Huddle bretheren.

Thanks for the rec's....I'll check them out.

Our equity partner owns a bunch of multi-family here in Atlanta, so anyone in the apartment business is Ok with me :wacko:

Fratelli di Napoli - 928 Canton St, Roswell, GA 30075 - http://www.fratelli.net/

Cafe Efendi - http://www.cafeefendi.com/

Edited by SEC=UGA

If you're willing to venture out alittle there is a very nice Italian/Greek place called Sugo in John's Creek. If you go North on 400 to Old Milton Parkway and take that east for about 3 miles you'll run into 141. Take 141 North for about 1 1/2miles and turn right on Wilson Road. The resturant is immediately on your right.

Thanks...I am going to bookmark this thread, so I have plenty of options now and on future visits to the hotel.

I'm not too familiar with Roswell, I tend to stay in Alpharetta.

Your going to have to change that. Our hotel is two miles from Alpharetta, so we'll make sure you save a couple dollars on your stay in lieu of having to drive a little further. Its a nice hotel, and we are planning a full renovation in the fall, so it will be top-notch come spring.

Am I that obvious! I hate Gwinnett county too. I feel dirty everytime I cross the Hooch.

Well hating Gwinnett isn't that Elitist, that is more common sense...

Most people in Alpharetta are very comfortable in their surroundings but are completely out of their element inthe balance of Atlanta, not a bad thing, just an observation. Can't really blame you though, it is pretty up there... if it weren't for all of the dam n houses.

I'm actually out of town on vacation right now. Sorry I'll miss you guys.

I would suggest Taco Mac as a good place close by to meet up for a beer. It's on the Marietta side of Roswell so a little closer for Big John.

685 Crossville Rd

Roswell, GA 30075

(678) 795-0080 phone

There is also a Sugo in the same shopping center that's closer than the one in Alpharetta.

A couple of other places to consider:

Little Alley - A tapas bar.

There is also a Stoney River Steakhouse just down the street that is pretty good:

10524 Alpharetta Highway

Roswell, GA 30076

ph: 678-461-7900

Killer Creek Steakhouse and Atlantic Seafood are both top notch and just an exit north on 400.

If you like Thai - Rice in Downtown Roswell is great.

I also like Fratelli down there that has been mentioned.

A couple of local favorite spots you definately need to check out sometime for lunch or a casual dinner:

Greenwoods

The Swallow at the Hollow

Dreamland BBQ

Let me know next time you're back this way. A friend of mine actually had their wedding reception at the Doubletree many years ago!