[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Home Run Derby

SheikYerbuti

Home Run Derby  

32 members have voted

1. 1. Who Ya Got?

• Chase Utley
    • Dan Uggla
    • Evan Longoria
    • Grady Sizemore
    • Josh Hamilton
    • Justin Morneau
    • Lance Berkman
    • Ryan Braun

I have 3 of them on my fantasy team, and since there IS such thing as the Home Run Derby Jinx, I'm rooting for Utley, Hamilton and Longoria to get knocked out as early as possible.

This year's NL MVP with the sweetest compact swing in baseball, Mr. Utley.

There needs to be some sort of way to adjust all-star voting for the last month leading up to the all-star game. Despite his low batting average, I am not sure how Ryan Howard is not an all-star with his HR and RBI totals...

pretty dull field. I'll go with hamilton.

Who would you have rather seen? I don't think Sizemore should be here, but I said the same thing the years Tejada and Luis Gonzalez won the thing.

I think the only change I'd make is taking Sizemore out and putting A-Rod in, but A-Rod said no thanks I'm too busy getting some from everyone except my soon to be ex-wife.

Who would you have rather seen?

barry bonds? :wacko:

seriously, I just look at that list and, I don't really see most of the names I consider to be the top HR hitters in the game. not saying that could have or should have invited different folks -- they can't control who makes the all-star roster, and they can't control who declines to participate -- just saying that to my eyes it's one of the worst groups they've been able to put together in a while for a HR derby.

barry bonds? :wacko:

seriously, I just look at that list and, I don't really see most of the names I consider to be the top HR hitters in the game. not saying that could have or should have invited different folks -- they can't control who makes the all-star roster, and they can't control who declines to participate -- just saying that to my eyes it's one of the worst groups they've been able to put together in a while for a HR derby.

Yep. If MLB can't do better than this they shouldn't even have this thing. It's embarrassing. Anyhoo, I voted local for Josh the Junkie.

just saying that to my eyes it's one of the worst groups they've been able to put together in a while for a HR derby.

Hm. . .I didn't get that reaction. I think there are plenty of taters on this roster.

There needs to be some sort of way to adjust all-star voting for the last month leading up to the all-star game. Despite his low batting average, I am not sure how Ryan Howard is not an all-star with his HR and RBI totals...

I don't know how they can officially have the HR derby without the addition of Howard? :wacko: