[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Friend being detained at Heathrow airport

SuperCharger

A classic case of a customs agent being a doooshbag. He probably had a bad day and felt like passing it on to someone, she got nervous, may have said the wrong things, and now she's headed back. She'll have a helluva time getting into England at a later time because she's now got a stamp in her passport showing that she was declined entry.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

The US Consulate that I spoke to said being single and unemployed are red flags and enough for them to pull you aside and question you. Based on how you answer the questions will decide on whether or not they deny you entry. She said the whole process is decretionary and the US can't interfere. Even if you have a VISA and are perfectly legal they reserve the right to send you right back to where you came from.

The US Consulate that I spoke to said being single and unemployed are red flags and enough for them to pull you aside and question you. Based on how you answer the questions will decide on whether or not they deny you entry. She said the whole process is decretionary and the US can't interfere. Even if you have a VISA and are perfectly legal they reserve the right to send you right back to where you came from.

Thats what you get when you travel to third world countries!

In all seriousness though, bummer for your friend. At lease she will be ok.

if this was a nice, unemployed british widow trying to get into the US for a vacation and getting turned away there would probably be an article about it in the british papers the next day blaming george bush.

We'll blame him anyways.

In the butt.

if this was a nice, unemployed british widow trying to get into the US for a vacation and getting turned away there would probably be an article about it in the british papers the next day blaming george bush.

and supercharger said he met her in the air force, so i assume she's ex-military, too. nice.

can't she contact a lawyer? or "barrister," i guess is what those limeys call them.

and supercharger said he met her in the air force, so i assume she's ex-military, too. nice.

can't she contact a lawyer? or "barrister," i guess is what those limeys call them.

Yes she's a veteran and her late husband was an active duty Army Ranger.

I'm not sure there is much legally she can do. It would be nice if she could somehow recoup the cost of airfare.

Yes she's a veteran and her late husband was an active duty Army Ranger.

I'm not sure there is much legally she can do. It would be nice if she could somehow recoup the cost of airfare.

If she booked through a travel agent, she should be able to, I would imagine.