[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Bass Guitars

Duchess Jack

I hear the Fender Squires are the way to go (all in one starter set)

Any suggestions as to where we should buy it?

Any better suggestions as to the type/brand?

Seems like this is what I got my son when he first started out. Bass guitar and amp for about $350 or so if I remember correctly. Got it at a Music Store.

Wish you woulda said something when you were up here in CT. I had a Fender Squire which was given to me a few years ago, with the intent that one of my kids might get into it. They never did, and I ended up taking it to a pawn shop a few weeks ago.

You might try a pawn shop. Could probably get one fairly inexpensive, and then take it to a real music store and have it tuned up, restrung, etc.

Good luck! :wacko:

Thanks everyone and thanks for the thought Skilly.

I found this... http://www.wwbw.com/Squier-Affinity-Jazz-B...k-i127661.music

Free shipping and I think I can get a coupon code as well? My question... what's the difference between a jazz bass and regular bass.

Also... what should I be looking for in an amp? They won't be playing in a band or anything - just mindlessly noodling around the house.

do any of these stand out?

http://www.wwbw.com/Squier-Bass-Guitar-c61...294940554.music

Yeah, fretless generally isn't the way to go to learn, unless it's a stand-up...most of the music/guitar stores have a bass/amp packaged together for around $200. That's a good deal as you generally get a cord and strap with that as well. Amp won't blow everybody out of the house when they practice and if they really get into it you can always upgrade for a few thousand more :wacko: