[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

very quick texas hold 'em help needed

Dr. Sacrebleu

Hey all,

As some of you know I have moved to france. The move was the best hing we ever did, and I can't beleive we didn't do this earlier. Now as much as I am loving my new frenchicity, and the knowledge that my 17 month old son will be a beret wearing camembert sniffer, there is still SOME US patriotism left in my genes.

So tomorrow I have been invited to a game of Texas Old Em (they are incapable of pronouncing an H in french) I have played loads of poker in my time, but never hold 'em. Any advice or online sites that you can recommend so I can show up a bunch of Pepe Lepues and steal their precious Euros and pride?

All the best,

Sacrebleu

The French have no pride to steal, so any attempt to do so is futile. Always show strength, at the first site of strength the French always fold.

:wacko:

Well played sir.

The French have no pride to steal, so any attempt to do so is futile. Always show strength, at the first site of strength the French always fold.

Kinda funny....I always thought they were the reason behind our win in the Revolutionary War?? :wacko:

The move was the best hing we ever did, and I can't beleive we didn't do this earlier.

At the risk of turning this thread serious, I'd be interested in hearing how your (and your family's) life has improved, what you like better about your new location, etc. . .

Well right now it is a bit of an apples and oranges situation, as not only is my living situation radically different (gone from a 2200 sq ft artist loft that was very very big but unhealthy to a very modest but clean, and modern 460 sq ft apt) but I am also going from a series of high stress sucky jobs in my last three months in NY to being essentially on vacation in Paris in the summer waiting for my first parisian job to start in August (pretty cool, I am painting the french minister of finances offices).

So essentially it's like comparing work to vacation. Especially in the summer where the Parisian days are insanely long and temperate, as opposed to the oppressive sucky NYC heat. I can probably give you a better take on the comaprison in a few months when the days will be short, work will suck, and some disgruntled frenchmen are on strike for some truly picayune reason.

France and Paris in particular have invested insanely in their infrastructure, which we have been profiting from tremendously since our arrival. This comes at a cost: insane taxation on your work. So right now I am reaping all the benefits, without paying the cost, though I had to go through a business seminar to be able to open up my business here, and it looks just BRUTAL with a capital B.

So right now the air is clean compared to where we were in NY (williamsburgh) trash is collected every day as opposed to twice a week, there are teams of city employees cleaning the streets, there are hundreds of city parks all impecably maintained (as opposed to the one rat infested park, and the treeless dirt park in my old neighborhood) I mean these things are like botanical works of art with beautiful playgrouds as well, the subway runs regularly, The roads are smooth as a babies bottom, I just paid 40$ to rent bikes for the YEAR in paris with bike stations everywhere in the city, oh and I just took my son to the Paris Plage where the parisian mayor didn't want anyone who couldn't afford it to miss out so he had beaches built on the quays of the seine. firggin' amazing!

Once again, let's see how I feel about it once my business is taxed at clos to 60%.

Oh and lastly, our 17 month old son for the first time slept through the night the day we got here. He has been sleeping through ever since