[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Question about intent

You should have confirmed it with her and made sure the conditions were crystal clear before hitting the accept button.

Bingo.... That condition alone would of caused me to void the offer and an email to both of you to work it out and then generate the trade offer.

The "typo" claim was clearly crap - I've never seen anyone type so poorly (and strangely) so as to type "1-s-t" when they meant to type "3-r-d" . . . . I'd hold her to that deal in a heartbeat. Where there's an actual mistake (e.g., stupidly clicking "accept" instead of "reject" or clicking the wrong player when including them in an offer), that's a different story - there was no mistake here.

I accepted it quickly and tried to clarify it the response column. Because I didn't want her to have a chance to back out, it was a good deal for me.

What I am wondering is why didn't the commish just ask her. If she lies or really meant the opposite of what I said then yeah I am out of luck. I wouldn't ask the commissioner to determine if she is telling the truth. If she lies she lies, end of story.

My only point is, the commish could simply ask each party what the terms were. If they disagree then yes, void the deal. But maybe, just maybe, they would both tell confirming stories and the trade could go through.

I am a hard-ass of a commish but I would go that far and beyond.

Or she admits she meant what I said she meant and the commish says "I have to hold you to that".

The commissioner either didn't ask her or poorly communicated to me his actions.

I am dropping it but I think I am entitled to know what she claims happened. Everyone would agree with at least that I hope.

Everyone would agree with at least that I hope.

i don't. who gives a ratsass?

when you do a deal, you do it because both owners want to do it and know what the frack is going on. you quickly accepting a deal and then putting in some clarifying comments is crap. it's like, "ooooo i better jump on this before anyone knows what is going on!" silly. stupid. your commish did exactly the right thing. you guys want to make a deal? talk it out, agree to something, and then execute the deal. quit the little games.

My only point is, the commish could simply ask each party what the terms were. If they disagree then yes, void the deal. But maybe, just maybe, they would both tell confirming stories and the trade could go through.

Ummmm - if both parties agreed, then the commish wouldn't be involved, would they? You already acknowledged that the commish got different stories from both parties. What do you think the commish should do then? Waterboarding?

And if both parties agreed and then the commish decided on their own for some unknown reason to negate the trade, you two could simply redo the trade, couldn't you?

Pretty obvious that you have no intention of letting this go for a while...

Edited by Bronco Billy

He's just waiting for people to agree with him. The problem with the Huddle is that when you ask for opinions you get them...

That's cool. Most TCs haven't started yet and if a guy volunteers to be a punching bag, who am I to argue? Besides, Waterman has been awfully quiet for the past few months...

I can handle a few punches. I will say some of you bring up decent points and I see the other side more than before.

She offered me the trade, she made a "typo" asked the commish "how do I get out of this offer which was a mistake" What I finally found out was that she says she meant to offer her third not her first and wanted out of the first round pick offer. He let her out of it.

If I was trying to pull some game I certainly wouldn't have asked for clarification for the commish to see. I gave her a chance to say "no I didn't mean that" incase she really didn't. But if she did mean it I wanted it..duh!

She used it and got a mulligan. I didn't know they were part of fantasy football.

Rest easy I'll live. I will suffer along with LT and just one first round pick.

Edited by satelliteoflovegm

If I was trying to pull some game I certainly wouldn't have asked for clarification for the commish to see. I gave her a chance to say "no I didn't mean that" incase she really didn't. But if she did mean it I wanted it..duh!

which was the right thing to do because it turns out that she didn't really mean it. was it a mistake and she realized this and then backed down or was it just a typo? who knows? but since it happened so close to the deal being struck, it is clear that there really was not any point in time where both owners clearly consented to the deal as is. given that, it is fair to strike it and tell the owners to work out something that both clearly agree with.

i really don't like to do a deal with another owner unless i know both of us want it and i know we are both trying to make our teams better. now, an owner can't come back in a week and say they made a mistake on a deal, but if we don't clearly agree on something, i also don't act like they are breaking some kind of absolute trust. if i just blindly get a trade offer over the web and there has been no discussion, and then the owner is immediately coming forward saying they made a mistake, i don't quickly click and then think everything is final. "no, there's no going back, i already accepted!!!!" personally, i don't want to be in a league where that crap is going on. now, if the person doesn't come back within a day or more and i've moved on with managing my team, then there's more of a legit reason to challenge things ...