[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Mad Men

darin3

They were talking about the Kennedy/Nixon presidential race, the ad firm was trying to get Nixon to use them. In one of the final episodes of season 1 they had a party to watch the elcection returns. That election took place in Nov of 1960

That's what I thought... wonder if the huge break was intentional - and they'll fill us in... or if they just decided to not stick to an actual timeline to make their writing work out. Either way, I'm still going to keep glued to this series.... despite the second season not being nearly as captivating as the first.

As the season progresses, you'll have to tell me which guy you think I thought you were most like.... (does that make any sense? :D )

Perfect sense.

One episode left for season 1. That Peter Campbell character is a twit. You just want to drill him in the face.

:wacko:

: I knew that they jumped from Thanksgiving time to after the first of the year, but didn't realize it was 1960-1962... are you sure of this? :wacko:

Not only is that true, but every season on will jump forward again 2 years. It's an awesome way to reinvent a show every single year, and also give it a positive end-game (it can only go on so long that way).

"Weiner told reporters that “Mad Men” will unfold in two-year seasonal jumps because “I’m not on a ten year plan, I’m on a five year plan” for the series to last. So Weiner is aiming “Mad Men” to be a five season show."

http://fray.slate.com/discuss/forums/thread/1562524.aspx

That's Cool.

Cambell is a twit but you have to have someone to be the heal! He's that guy in every office that you want ot punch. Interesting to see if he and Peggy reunite.

Edited by T-Scorp

Nothing like that guy at all. Bad business acumen and a twit.

:D I know, I was just tryin' to set it up as a ha-ha funny but it didn't work. :D

Not only is that true, but every season on will jump forward again 2 years. It's an awesome way to reinvent a show every single year, and also give it a positive end-game (it can only go on so long that way).

"Weiner told reporters that “Mad Men” will unfold in two-year seasonal jumps because “I’m not on a ten year plan, I’m on a five year plan” for the series to last. So Weiner is aiming “Mad Men” to be a five season show."

http://fray.slate.com/discuss/forums/thread/1562524.aspx

:D Huh, well...ok then. :wacko:

:D I know, I was just tryin' to set it up as a ha-ha funny but it didn't work. :D

:D Huh, well...ok then. :D

:D

For a minute I was thinking, "Damn, does D really see me like that?" :wacko:

I would have totally slept with the better looking girls and screwed over Draper in a more discreet and well planned out manner. :D

Not a bad episode last night. Not sure where they are going with the twit at the horse stable, got a feeling that we are not done with that story line.

Draper back to being a bad ass which is cool, yet he still seems to be really out there, i.e. the French film. The scene with the comedians wife at the restaurant was a surprise. (chuckeled when he returned to the table and wiped his hand with the napkin....)

Edited by T-Scorp

Not a bad episode last night. Not sure where they are going with the twit at the horse stable, got a feeling that we are not done with that story line.

Draper back to being a bad ass which is cool, yet he still seems to be really out there, i.e. the French film. The scene with the comedians wife at the restaurant was a surprise. (chuckeled when he returned to the table and wiped his hand with the napkin....)

I think the horse twit will have more action... but it's the fact that Hotty Draper is considering cheating (IMO) which is the big story here.

Speaking of horses, did Don Draper horseshoe the comedian's wife in the hallway there? :wacko:

E2A: And yeah, last night's episode was a bit better than the previous season two episodes.

Edited by darin3

Speaking of horses, did Don Draper horseshoe the comedian's wife in the hallway there? :wacko:

Yes, that's why he had to wipe his hand at the table!!!!!! :D

:D Actually rather surprised about the lack of response here.... this show is on a Soprano's level, IMO.... is there only a small handful of us watching this show? :wacko:

Dood- cmon - been meaning to check it out, just watched ep's 1 & 2 - Soprano's level??? :D not even in the same universe.

I really wanted to get into it, but it is just ok so far............

Have been burning thru Weeds, Californication & Rescue Me, which are all better than Mad Men IMO

each to their own I guess :D