[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Jeff Garcia injures leg in practice

PaulOttCarruth

Per ProFootballTalk:

GARCIA SUFFERS LEG INJURY

Posted by Michael David Smith on July 31, 2008, 10:45 a.m.

Buccaneers quarterback Jeff Garcia was carted off the practice field today with an apparent leg injury.

WDAE has a photo showing Garcia, still wearing his helmet and shoulder pads, sitting next to a Bucs trainer in a golf cart.

Rick Stroud of the St. Petersburg Times reports that Garcia was injured during a non-contact drill. (We’re glad for the “non-contact” clarification. If Bucs coach Jon Gruden were putting Garcia through contact drills, he might as well hang a “Welcome Brett Favre” banner at Bucs camp.)

Per Stroud, Garcia felt discomfort in his right leg as he was rolling out and throwing, and he was seen limping toward the locker room.

Defensive tackle Jovan Haye, who started all 16 games for the Bucs last year, left practice with an apparent groin injury.

The leg injury appears to be minor.

Man.....it better be....LOL. I just picked him up as my backup/bye week filler in MSHB (literally...12 hours ago). We have positional limits on the roster (2 QBs) and we're only halfway through the draft. Which means.....lol.....I'll have to wait until the draft is done and we have a waiver wire just to get a replacement backup. :D

:wacko:

Man.....it better be....LOL. I just picked him up as my backup/bye week filler in MSHB (literally...12 hours ago). We have positional limits on the roster (2 QBs) and we're only halfway through the draft. Which means.....lol.....I'll have to wait until the draft is done and we have a waiver wire just to get a replacement backup. :D

+1 in mshb2, just lucky I guess. :D

and that replacement backup will be just that...a backup

ETA the changed my ellipsis (sp?) so PON will not tell me its only 3 dots :D