[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Draft position set by previous year's performance, what to do with new team?

unsmashed

I wanted to get everyone's opinion on this.

Our league has been around for many years. We have 12 teams. Our draft order is determined by the previous year's performance. The team that played last year has the 5th pick of the draft this year, however that team isn't going to play this year.

Should the team that is replacing him (new "owner") be able to take his 5th spot, be last pick, or some other variant?

What's everyone's opinion?

I wanted to get everyone's opinion on this.

Our league has been around for many years. We have 12 teams. Our draft order is determined by the previous year's performance. The team that played last year has the 5th pick of the draft this year, however that team isn't going to play this year.

Should the team that is replacing him (new "owner") be able to take his 5th spot, be last pick, or some other variant?

What's everyone's opinion?

He should take the other teams position.

What else would you do? You start jacking with it and you complicate the whole situation.

How would the NFL handle this situation?

WWNFLD?

Agree with others. The owner coming in takes the team's draft spot. Moving a new owner to the back of the line is a bit of a d!ck move IMO. My brother finally got into my local last year. He took over the team of the owner he was replacing, got to decide on the two keepers, and received the draft spot that the previous owner had earned (if one "earns" things by losing). I don't see another good way of handling it.