[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Tapping the strategic oil reserve = dumb idea, Obama

wiegie

Yes! :D

Two schools of thought here... Should oil companies lower prices to get people back into SUVs? Or should they raise prices because their market is shrinking and someone has to feed the monkey?

Personally... I hope they raise prices. :wacko:

I like how we DIDN'T drill ANWAR, and prices fell. Ergo, if we continue not to drill, prices will continue to fall. My logic is flawless! :D

Edited by yo mama

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like how we DIDN'T drill ANWAR, and prices fell. Ergo, if we continue not to drill, prices will continue to fall. My logic is flawless! :wacko:

Good point. They should probably raise prices even farther so that guys like Az and McCain will reward them for their obscene profits with subsidized rights to our coasts and national parks.

Obama's idea to tap our strategic oil reserves to help lower gas prices seems really stupid. I say keep the reserves there in case we have a real national emergency and not just high, but falling, gas prices.

How can an economist be against selling the oil reserve high, and buying it back when the price is driven down? :wacko: