[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Shower Repair Help

Swashbucklers

Changing the shower head and the stem broke off with the end still threaded in the pipe, so there is part of the stem still lodged in the pipe and I cannot get a grip on it with pliers or anything. Cannot figure out how I may solve this dilemna, and I don't want to have to take baths. Any suggestions?

Swash.....did it break off before the bend in the extension?

If so, take your channel locks and stick one of the handle ends in the pipe to get some leverage.

(This works a little better if you have some channel locks with rubber grip on the handles.)

Then try to ease it up to twist loose. Lefty Loosy. :wacko:

Edited by SteelBunz

Ummmm...what did he do? Ask the question then go watch some football?? :D

I thought he wanted to be able to take a shower in the morning. :wacko:

Sorry, got caught up letting the dog out and putting stuff away. Moving isn't easy!! I don't have to work so I can get up and work on it then.

Left you a few more suggestions in a PM. :wacko:

Sounds like you moved into a house with original fixures maybe? Don't know how old they are or if you have hard water.....but if that shower arm is broken off inside the wall at the threads....you might need a lot of patience to tackle this one.

And in the end...maybe a half hour plumber call is really your best bet, Swash. If that brass fitting gets damaged inside the wall.....you'll never get a tight seal with silicone tape and a new shower arm. And you'll have a helluva bigger fix on your hands. :D

If my suggestions in the PM seem worth a try....go for it! If not...bite the bullet and call a plumber. :D

Go the the hardware store and get an "easy out." It a tool that fits inside the pipe and then you take a wrench to turn it out. If that does not work you may need to replace the threaded adapter in the wall.

Just picked one up. THe hardware store guy told me to douse it with wd40 and let it sit for awhile to help loosen it up. Hopefully it works!