[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

2 starting QB leagues

Sgt Ryan

I got an invite to play in a league that allows 2 starting QBs, and a 3rd possibly as a flex. No TE league.

2 QB

2 RB

2 WR

1 Flex - QB/RB/WR

1 Def

1 K

From what Ive been told many teams go QB/QB in round 1 and 2. Since all TDs are worth 6 pts, regardless of position, Brady will probably go 1. I pick 3rd, and really I cant see how I couuld pass up LT or Peterson.

I already hate the format of this league, since QB is an option for a flex, which means teams could take 3 QBs very early, and if you dont get one in rounds 1-4, you could be stuck with crap for 2 starting positions.

Anyone ever play in a league like this. And should I just get my conservative ass out of this before I accept the invite. :wacko:

The only time I played in a 2 QB league, I still waited, took Garcia and McNabb (it was McNabb's first year as a starter and Garcia was still with the Niners). I took a rash of crap from the league about what horrible QBs I had and ended up with 2 in the top 5.

Mind you, the option of starting a 3rd really screws it up.

I think I still grab LT 1st.

My longtime local is an 8-team, 2 QB league. Because there are only 8 teams, starting 2 QBs is a realistic option, because there are still plenty of Qbs left to fill injury/bye-week voids. We don't, however, allow QBs to fill the "flex" option, as this would create an imbalance as to how many teams could potentially start 3 viable QBS. Adding that 3rd Qb as a flex-option is something we shot down a couple times when up for a vote.

We are redrafting this coming week, and I expect Brady will go 1.4-1.6. Manning will go 1.6-1.8. Brees/Romo/Palmer/McNabb will go in round 2, and the next tier will go in rounds-3 & 4. From having been in this type of league for many years, we all realize that next tier of QBs is essentially all the same from a production standpoint, so they get sprinkled in about Round s 6-8 as teams fill their 2nd-Qb spot.

Once the top 4-5 QBs are gone, its all about value, and most have realized over the years that its more productive to get a top-tier WR than a 2nd-tier QB with their 3rd round pick (assuming they went QB with their 1st or 2nd round pick). For instance, if someone drafted Westbrook at 1.3, and then drafted Palmer at 2.6, they likely would take a top WR at their 3.3 pick, rather than select tier-2 Qb (Delhomme/Cutler/Rivers/etc.).

The biggest thing I've noticed about our 2 Qb league is that you have to be very lucky in terms of injury. If you can start two Top-10 QBs every week, you are in great shape. But think about how often QBs get hurt versus other key positions...seems like alot more often. In recent years, guys like McNabb, Bulger, Green, Delhomme, Culpepper. Brees, have all been high-end fantasy QBs who cost owners an early pick, that ended up getting hurt. It seems a lot less RBs/Wrs suffer season-ending injuries, and for that reason, they are safer top-picks.

Another strategy could be go RB,RB, WR,WR and get 2 non RBBC backs, and a top 3 WR and a top 10 WR. Then take guys like Cutler and Rogers as your Qb in rounds 4-5. No Im not crazy about either of those, but I think both could be more valuable than their draft position.

This is a 10 man league, so I am definately taking best player available, as teams will be stacked. But I think I need to buck the trend if 8 QBs are gone by the time it gets back to me at 2.8 and 3.3.

I personally prefer 2 QB leagues. I think it makes drafting more difficult since you can't just wait to the 6th round before you starting thinking about drafting a QB. When it all comes down to it the people in your league dictate when, and at what rate QB's will be flying off the board. I started a league a few years back where we started 2 QB's. The majority of the league had never done a 2 QB league. I tried to explain that in this format QB's are just about as valuable as RB's, but they disregarded me. I grabbed two top flight QB's (Palmer & McNabb) in rounds 2 & 3 and paid for it since RB's went off the board close to what you'd see in a 1 QB league.

Sitting at 3 I would probably take LT too. I think there's a big drop off after him at RB with SJackson's holdout. Personally, I think AP is being overrated this year. NFL wise he's a freak, but he still hasn't shown enough in the passing game for me to rank him ahead of B-West or S-Jack.

I would look to get QB's in the 2nd and 3rd, depending on who was still available.

Edited by Capt. Stanky

We play a 2 QB 12 team league and RBs always go top 4-5 and then Manning or Brady goes in the 1st MAYBE Randy Moss in the 1st also. You usually draft one QB in the 1st 3 rounds and your 2nd in the 5-6th round.. Out of our last 6 league winners the QB factored into twice.. Now our scoring isn't 6 points for every TD so this is a bit scewed. But you can by with one SOLID QB and an average QB. In your position I would draft LT or Peterson.

I've played in one for years, and this time around I have the # 1 pick and I'm thinking of going with a QB. While it's not often that a QB with the best team wins, both Brady and Manning were the highest point scorers last year, and their durability and dependability is tough to beat. I do have a running back keeper in the 5th, so this might be why I'm not going RB #1. If you don't get a top 5 QB though, you're definitely better off waiting until the later rounds even to get your first one considering you'll be passing up a lot of value just to fill a roster spot.

Honestly, a run on QB's usually leaves some great players on the board when it comes back to you. You'll always have a few dopey picks with someone trying to desperately fill their QB slot when there are plenty of good backs and WRs availably. Always something to consider.

I 've played in 2 QB leagues for many years (mostly auctions though). My philosophy has always been to get one of the Top 4 QB's (Brady, Brees, Manning, Romo) and then wait to get your undervalued, middle tier guy with big upside, like Schaub, Kitna, Bulger during round 5. Then pick your 3rd QB late ... I like Trent Edwards, JT O'Sullivan here. I would go QB (Brees), RB, WR, RB, QB, WR ......

Have been in a two QB league for nine years. This year I have #1 pick and am going with LT. For the most part, I have had great success sticking with RB abd WRs early and then targeting a specific Tier II QB in the fourth round. Then just pick best player available there on out. Ift he best player is a QB take 'em if not keep loading position players.

I love the two QB rule and agree with the earlier poster that talked about how it makes the draft ultra important. The good drafters in my league consistently dominate. I think you'll enjoy the strategy of this league.

Well we had this draft last night. Im not sure how I did. I like my team, but havent played in a 10 team league in years, nor have I ever played in a 2QB league.

QB

Tom Brady

Matt hassleback

Kyle Orten

RB

Larry Johnson

Darren Mcfadden

Julius Jones

Rudi Johnson

Chris Perry

Jerious Norwood

Steve Slaton

Ryan Torian

WR/TE

Braylon Edwards

Anquan Boldin

Lee Evans

Tony Gonzales

Anthony Gonzales

James Hardy

K

Mason Crosby

Def

NY Giants

I figure each week I will start

QB Brady

QB Hassleback

RB L Johnson

RB D McFadden/J Jones

WR B Edwards

WR A Boldin

WR L Evans

Flex - Julius Jones / Tony Gonzales / Rudi or Perry

K - M Crosby

D - Giants

All TDs are 6 pts, and its a PPR league with no mandatory TE.

Edited by Sgt Ryan

You did not just cleverly disguise a RMT post did you? :wacko:

Nope, I just asked advice from some about what to expect in this type of format. And I posted what I was able to do.

Please do not rate my team. I could care less what anyone thinks. This is more for those who are having a 2QB draft between now and the beginning of the season.

Also, different strategies based on this being a redraft or dynasty league.

While you should have a sturdy rock at the #1 QB spot in redraft leagues, it is a complete must when in dynasty to have that top choice #1 QB.

In dynasty, finding a steady #2 QB years later can be hard and finding a #1 is nearly impossible. The #3 QB is usually the old guy you can't trade (Garcia/Kitna) or a rookie. I do like that 2QB leagues make guys like Croyle, Orton, and Pennington a trading commodity instead of waiver wire material.