[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Looking for suggestions on couples showers...

Puddy

Okay so a good friend of mine went through a period earlier this year where he was looking for domain names that he thought may be good ones to own. Not that he had a specific idea of how to make money on the innernets yet, but he spent some time online typing in potential domain names into some domain website. Turns out almost everything he could think of was actually already taken. The best one available that he thought of was couplesshowers.com so he paid the fee and now owns it. He actually set up a quick site with minimal information regarding couples showers.

Well as the months have passed he realized that the site was actually starting to get a good amount of hits through search engines. In fact, if you search on 'couples showers' on Yahoo, his site is the first to come up (I think it's 4th or 5th on Google). So he poses the question to me, "should I try and do something with this to make some money or just forget about the whole thing"?

I told him I'd bring the question to the best place I could think of to help answer that question. Any ideas on how to make the site profitable for him?

Here is the site he quickly set up back in the Spring

Oh and if this works out, I told him to secure scannerparties.com as well. :wacko:

Edited by Puddy

If the dude thinks he is getting those hits from people actually NOT looking for PRON, he is delusional. :wacko:

That being said. He needs to throw up some banner ads, and put a couple showers message board on there and at least one "blog" from a make-believe woman, as I would bet if they AREN'T looking for pron, they are wimmin.

I would look for banner ads to places women would like. Look at any number of bridal sites for ideas.

Edited by cre8tiff

One of the best things he could do is set up a blog to create "articles". The more "fresh" content he has, the higher the page rank on Google will be as well as Yahoo and MSN searches. This will help even more with traffic and allow him to charge even more for ads from companies willing to advertise their services on this site. He could also try contacting local event planners and caterers, etc. if they'd like to partner up in some way (eg. he leases out some web space to them on his site for a percentage/commission or something).

Setting up blog software is very simple. PM me if you need some help with it.