[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Eagles rookies riding wild on Pats

i_am_the_swammi

If by 'funnier' you mean tiresome and annoying like an obstinate 4-year old, everyone else here would agree.

for a minute, I thought his act was wearing only on me...and I used to quasi-respect the dude....the same-old, same-old gets, well, old after a while.

I guess when you've got nothing better to say, tell a used joke...that'll teach us :wacko:

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

While I will agree that the O needs him, and needs him badly, the D is different. They have run the most vanilla D's so far this pre-season, with last night's couple of third down blitzes being the first in three games. They also don't gameplan for pre-season games at all. They look at zero film and put zero effort into stopping specific aspects of the opponents offenses. What they use the pre-season for on D is player evaluations and making sure they're where they are supposed to be when they're supposed to be there. All said, this team could still be a playoff team in that didvision with an average QB and a gameplanning D, imo. Unfortunatley, the current back-up Qb is well below average.

But trust me, I pray we never have to find out if I'm right or not.

Vanilla/no game planning/whatever excuse you want - the NE pass D is in a world of hurt right now.

Oh, and if things go upside down on them in the near future, don't think teams won't be remembering how NE treated them in such a professional manner on the field during the past season. What goes around comes around.

for a minute, I thought his act was wearing only on me...and I used to quasi-respect the dude....the same-old, same-old gets, well, old after a while.

I guess when you've got nothing better to say, tell a used joke...that'll teach us :wacko:

Menyoudo hijacking almost every Steelers, AFC North, or Seahawks thread to the point you can't really have a un-muddled discussion about it wore thin a long time ago.

Vanilla/no game planning/whatever excuse you want - the NE pass D is in a world of hurt right now.

Oh, and if things go upside down on them in the near future, don't think teams won't be remembering how NE treated them in such a professional manner on the field during the past season. What goes around comes around.

you just hold your breathe waiting for that to happen guy...."a world of hurt"....lol....this was a 10-3 game with about a minute and a half in the 2nd quarter...no brady...makeshift OL....lol

i know...i must have forgot....you are like sgt ryan jr....and before you start flapping your gums...i know you were referring to the pats pass d when you said "world of hurt"...which is also an absolute joke(your comment...not our pass d)

Nope. You've got Bushwacked's agreement, so, you are in the majority...... :D Any thread where someone says something negative about me, he will show up QUICKLY !!!!

The fact that it gets under your skin is reason enough to post it. Lighten up dude.

Edited by Menudo

Some guys still see the hughmor in posting again and again, knowing it gets under some people's thin skin.......... :wacko:

:D

:D Gets me everytime

:D:D

:D

:D:smash:
Edited by Menudo

:D You mean the Pats pass rush that was 2nd in the league with 47 sacks last year? The same pass rush that returns all the players that got sacks except Seau (as of now) and Colvin? That pass rush? Yeah, it's hurting. :wacko:

That just proves my point. The Pats get their pressure from schemes and blitzes, two things they are not doing in the pre-season. You just keep hoping the pass rush is in trouble.

:D You mean the Pats pass rush that was 2nd in the league with 47 sacks last year? The same pass rush that returns all the players that got sacks except Seau (as of now) and Colvin? That pass rush? Yeah, it's hurting. :wacko:

That just proves my point. The Pats get their pressure from schemes and blitzes, two things they are not doing in the pre-season. You just keep hoping the pass rush is in trouble.

oh bring back pat....be careful....he said pats pass d...not "pass rush"....now he will come back and dog our secondary because we didnt want to pay asante samuel and we dont boast a true lockdown corner....lol....i will save him the time

:D You mean the Pats pass rush that was 2nd in the league with 47 sacks last year? The same pass rush that returns all the players that got sacks except Seau (as of now) and Colvin? That pass rush? Yeah, it's hurting. :D

:wacko:

I didn't know they were going to use last year's stats for this coming season. The secondary is 3/4 disassembled and the PHI WRs weren't exactly HoF caliber last night. McNabb tore the NE pass D apart.

You'd better hope that Brady's injury isn't a lingering injury - with Belicek there's no way of making any kind of accurate guess as to how healthy/unhealthy he is. But if Brady isn't taking snaps, NE looks to be a whole lot weaker team. They can't use the O to protect the D.

Edited by Bronco Billy

:wacko:

I didn't know they were going to use last year's stats for this coming season. The secondary is 3/4 disassembled and the PHI WRs weren't exactly HoF caliber last night. McNabb tore the NE pass D apart.

You'd better hope that Brady's injury isn't a lingering injury - with Belicek there's no way of making any kind of accurate guess as to how healthy/unhealthy he is. But if Brady isn't taking snaps, NE looks to be a whole lot weaker team. They can't use the O to protect the D.

mcnabb had all day to pick apart the pats secondary....because, as was bring back pats point, they didnt send any blitzes...i think they sent one....on the first or second series(cant remember) and bruschi easily got to mcnabb...not to mention they will have adalius on the outside full time now hopefully....he was an absolute beast when they were able to have him outside last year....thought he played his best game of the year in the superbowl....probably one of the more talented/deeper defensive lines in the league....teams better hope big sey cant stay healthy

whens the last time tom brady didnt take a meaningful snap for the pats?

Lemme guess without even clicking....the used-up empty trophy-case yet AGAIN... :wacko:

Shouldn't you be trolling you local pools for 16-year olds?

EDIT: curiosity killed me, I had to click it....I mean, no one could be that shallow in their imagination to continue to post the same used-up pic over and over, could they?

Er, never mind, your link answered my question.

O.k. Now I feel guilty for annoying you and Zooty so much. Here is a gift as a truce..........

they added DL depth in Clemons, and Samuel to the CB positon which may have created the best secondary in football (certainly, one of the top 3).

I see them very similar to SD this year. Both have stud RBs, both have very capable QBs, both have marginal talent at WR that is used effectively anyway, both have former Pro Bowl TEs, and both have Top 10 defenses.

From what I am hearing on radio & TV, Clemons might get cut and McDougle might make the team.

I disagree with your SD statement. Tomlinson & Gates are head & shoulders above Westbrook & LJ Smith. Although I think McNabb is still much better then Rivers, I can't put the Eagles up there with the Charges until I see some regular season games.

From what I am hearing on radio & TV, Clemons might get cut and McDougle might make the team.

I disagree with your SD statement. Tomlinson & Gates are head & shoulders above Westbrook & LJ Smith. Although I think McNabb is still much better then Rivers, I can't put the Eagles up there with the Charges until I see some regular season games.

I've heard the same "rumors", but I'll be shocked if Clemons gets cut...they handed him a $4M signing bonus in May to sign, and lengthened the contract to five years to make it work. It will have to be a truly ugly scenario for the Eagles to eat that cap-hit.

I guess we can disagree on the SD comparison. I think they are very similar. I don't see LT being "head & shoulders" above Westbrook, though I do concede he is more-talented individually. Not sure he means more to his team than Westbrook, tough.

Both Gates and Smith have great talent, but both have been injured in recent years.

The still stand by the comparison I was trying to make that both teams have All-Pro rbs and former Pro-Bowl TEs. With the Eagles having the better QB of the two, and similar defenses, I still see them in the same ballpark potential-wise.

:D:wacko:

His joke about the Eagles trophy case/room being empty is even funnier in person. He reminds me about the Eagles hardships while playing yard games likes bags, horseshoes, or washers. If an Eagle player is drafted the comments fly again. It's a blast!

However, his fantasy trophy case/room closely resembles the Philadelphia Eagles. :D

Edited by fitzkek

His joke about the Eagles trophy case/room being empty is even funnier in person. He reminds me about the Eagles hardships while playing yard games likes bags, horseshoes, or washers. If an Eagle player is drafted the comments fly again. It's a blast!

However, his fantasy trophy case/room closely resembles the Philadelphia Eagles. :wacko:

Is he like the Whosyourmama guy on the commercial?

Sounds like fun.