[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Who did you reach for?

Gros Membres!

Drafted 9th in a PPR last night (.5 pts per reception) and was prepared to go RB/WR. I thought there was no way Moss would fall to me in a league largely populated by Pats homers but he fell to me at 9. LJ dropped to me at the turn but I kind of wish I snagged another top WR (Fitzgerald and Edwards were available). My third and fourth picks were WR/WR followed by a slew of rookie RBs (Stewart, K. Smith, Chris Johnson, Slaton). Basically, I drafted a squad I would have fun managing and watching this year as a football fan. I have very little expectations but if a few of these guys hit then I could be in for a fun run.

In the draft last night, I got into a discussion with one of the guys in my league over VBD and when to deviate to take a risk for someone you might value a little more than the consensus. I argue that there are situations and skills that stats just do not take into account. Fortunately, more often than not I've been right about my hunches - ADP in the 3rd round last year. Yes, I took Calvin Johnson at 3.09 last night. I also have been liking Holmes' chances for the 3rd year breakout and took him at 4.4.

Who did you reach for? Do you think the draft is won or lost with risks in the first five rounds?

Edited by Gros Membres!

Drafted 9th in a PPR last night (.5 pts per reception) and was prepared to go RB/WR. I thought there was no way Moss would fall to me in a league largely populated by Pats homers but he fell to me at 9. LJ dropped to me at the turn but I kind of wish I snagged another top WR (Fitzgerald and Edwards were available). My third and fourth picks were WR/WR followed by a slew of rookie RBs (Stewart, K. Smith, Chris Johnson, Slaton). Basically, I drafted a squad I would have fun managing and watching this year as a football fan. I have very little expectations but if a few of these guys hit then I could be in for a fun run.

In the draft last night, I got into a discussion with one of the guys in my league over VBD and when to deviate to take a risk for someone you might value a little more than the consensus. I argue that there are situations and skills that stats just do not take into account. Fortunately, more often than not I've been right about my hunches - ADP in the 3rd round last year. Yes, I took Calvin Johnson at 3.09 last night. I also have been liking Holmes' chances for the 3rd year breakout and took him at 4.4.

Who did you reach for? Do you think the draft is won or lost with risks in the first five rounds?

I am dealing with the same question. I am drafting 8 in a 10 team PPR league this weekend. We start 2RBs, 3WRs, 1 TE and a flex. Rec TDs are worth 7pt and Rush TDs are worth 5pts. My feeling is with all the RBBCs this year and starting an extra WR that WRs are more valuable (also with TDS worth more). Here are the 2 approaches I am thinking about.

1) Going WR/WR then WR/WR (or RB depending on what RB is their at 3 or 4), then RB/RB (TE/QB). I point here is trying to force the back end of the draft take as many WRs before it gets back to the front end of the draft who already have a good starting point at RB. If the top 6 WRs are off the board before it makes its way back to the 1-5 spots I feel that is the only way the back end of the draft will have a chance to compete. The only problem is we will be weak at RB and will need to reach at that point. And if 2 teams between 6-10 don't go at least 1 WR then at least 1 if not 3 teams at the top end up with at least 1 top WR if not 2.

2) The 2nd option is going RB/WR or WR/RB then WR/WR then WR/RB. The only problem with this I need to get teh right RB. I am still trying to figure out if Gore. Barber(if their), Portis, Lynch are going to put up points to compete with the consensus top 5 RBs. I personally am targeting Gore/Moss at 8. I am betting on Gore getting 1700 to 2000 yds (combine), 10TDs and more than 65 Recpt. if I take him at 8 and then grab A. Johnson in 2nd. I will also be hoping that Holt and Marshall (or Holmes/Boldin/Welker) will fall to me at 3rd and 4th round.

I know that I will need to build with Ricky, Stewart, Forte, K.smith, T.Jones, D.Wiiliams as my #2 RB. (one or two them).

My league tends to hold off on QBs until the 5th round on with Brady and/or Manning going before then.