[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Patriots to sign Culpepper?

Shorttynaz

Great, let's make sure we give credit to the first person to throw this stupid idea out there.

Seriously. Besides the whole system deal, think about Bellchick's ego. Dude obviously has no problem handing over the keys to a late round unknown if his starter goes down. Didn't work out all that badly the first time, no did it. I'm rather certain that dude is confident that he can do it again with one of "his guys". As has been mentioned over and over. NE will succeed or fail on the arm of Cassell. They are no better off having C-Pep back there flinging it down field.

We all get it, Moss and C-Pep. We understand. Moss has been playing nice since he got there and has certain shed his malcontent, bad boy image. However, I'm guessing he's not endeared himself to the point of being consulted on who they should be bringing in to play QB.

I'm sure Gambo and Ash in Phoenix are full of insight into the Patriots :D

Dude, the Patriots dont have insight to the Patriots :wacko: , which once again is why I stated this is just a rumor.

And as I was listening to ESPN radio this morning (dont know who the host was - but it's a feed from L.A.) they also said that Tim Rattay and Chris Simms were both spotted at the airport yesterday in Boston. It was reported on this radio show (LA show this morning) that they were both met by the Patriots GM when they arrived at the Patriots facility and were told that the team has decided to move in a different direction - thanked them for making the trip and asked them to be on their merry way.

Edited by Shorttynaz

Well....I can't speak to C-Pep having an agent...or not having an agent....or saying he wants to start.......blah..blah.

But I can assure you of one thing. Tomlin had C-Pep and Leftwich in to try out after Batch went down in Pitt. If Culpepper's heart was in it AND he still had some gas in the tank to be a good backup....he would have been chosen. The fact he was beaten out by Leftwich is sort of scary, if you are considering taking him on as an organization.

I don't think you sign him SIMPLY because he used to have a connection with your #1 WR. :wacko:

Well....I can't speak to C-Pep having an agent...or not having an agent....or saying he wants to start.......blah..blah.

But I can assure you of one thing. Tomlin had C-Pep and Leftwich in to try out after Batch went down in Pitt. If Culpepper's heart was in it AND he still had some gas in the tank to be a good backup....he would have been chosen. The fact he was beaten out by Leftwich is sort of scary, if you are considering taking him on as an organization.

I don't think you sign him SIMPLY because he used to have a connection with your #1 WR. :wacko:

No, it's all just a big conspiracy. C-Pep is the best QB alive but none of the 32 NFL GMs who's livelihoods depend on putting a winning team on the field want to bother with him for some unexplainable reason.

Don't be silly. :D

Honestly people. If we know one thing it's that NFL teams don't care about anything but whether or not you can play. It's why Pacman has a job. It's why Tank Johnson has a job. It's why Chris Henry has a job. Believe me. If C-Pep had any game at all, he'd have a job. There are maybe 10-15 teams who either have a great QB or at least a young and promising QB that they want to give the chance to become great. However, there are far too many that would be more than happy to cut bait on whomever is behind center if a really great QB was just waiting out there looking for a chance.