[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

incredible shrinking cereal box

Azazello1313

this is kinda d00shy, don't you think?

Consumers are starting to notice a few less snaps, crackles and pops in their Cocoa Krispies lately. That's because cereal boxes - and the amount of cereal inside - are shrinking along with most food packages in the grocery store.

As manufacturers cope with the rising cost of raw ingredients and fuel, downsizing their package sizes is one increasingly popular way to pass along a price increase without drawing too much attention.

"They're raising the prices a little, and shrinking the boxes a little," said Marcia Mogelonsky, consumer analyst with Mintel International, a consumer research firm in Chicago. "If you're running through the supermarket, you don't necessarily notice that your cereal box is an ounce or two smaller. That's how they're controlling the prices."

why do you hate free markets?

you'll notice I didn't throw my hands up and ask for the government or ralph nader to intervene on my behalf, and I did not file a class action lawsuit to recover lost cheerios. I simply laughed a bit at their sly attempt to cut their costs hoping consumers don't notice.

you'll notice I didn't throw my hands up and ask for the government or ralph nader to intervene on my behalf, and I did not file a class action lawsuit to recover lost cheerios. I simply laughed a bit at their sly attempt to cut their costs hoping consumers don't notice.

Bravo, that's a totally valid complaint and one that always seems to trigger responses like what ouija gave. I recall when I voiced my displeasure about McDonalds making a huge effort to target young kids with ads and thus putting parents in the unfortunate position of either giving in and feeding their kids crap or having to endure the endless cries of their brainwashed offspring.

Everyone starts in on this, "It's a free country! Why do you want the government to tell McDonalds how they can advertise?!"

I don't want the government to do chight about it. That doesn't mean I have to think it's cool.