[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Romo's fumble

hooknladder

You mean like this?

Now, of course, simply noticing that the only other fumble Dallas was charged with making was Romos and that one was also charged as a lost fumble isn't exactly guessing that Crayton got his own now is it.

Seriously, what is your point. All I've been saying is that a player should not earn a net point advantage for doing something that I'm pretty sure nobody would agree is an overall good thing. Can we at least establish that fumbling and recovering your own fumble is nearly always not as good as simply not fumbling. Can we just put that behind and move on from there?

You do realize that is the stance you are arguing against, don't you?

i understand that what you want to do is have a rule in place that I am sure that leauge software cant handle.

stick to your non-idp leauges and fondue/wine & scanner parties and you will be just fine :wacko:

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i understand that what you want to do is have a rule in place that I am sure that leauge software cant handle.

stick to your non-idp leauges and fondue/wine & scanner parties and you will be just fine :wacko:

I will bet you any amount you want that I can any league that can be programmed to charge -2 for a fumble and +4 for a fumble recovery can be programmed to charge -2 for a fumble and +2 for a recovery. So. Go ahead and make another stupid comment about arguing with a wall, but that is precisely what I have been saying all along.

Well, in order to "pull a detlef" you're going to actually have to make a point.

None the less, I suppose we have different standards.

I think that a QB fumbling in his own endzone and then recovering it is certainly not better than "barely adequate". You seem to think it's something that should be rewarded.

I think that a rule intended to reward defensive players for fumbles but also happens to reward offensive players for bonehead plays needs to be reworked. You seem not to mind flawed rules.

I seem to be aware that you can still reward defensive players for recovering fumbles and not giving players a net reward for fumbling and then recovering their own and you don't. Again, if you make the amount the same +/- this works just fine. IDPs get their love, offensive players get credit for bailing out a teammate, and players who salvage a play by covering their own mistake break even. You're going to need to explain what is wrong with that before we proceed.

ok, so what if QBs get -2 for Fumbles and 1 for a fumble recovery...while other players get -2 for fumbles and 4 for fumble recoveries would that work....no wait, WRs get -2 for fumbles and 1 for a recovery too...only the defensive players should get 4 points for a recovery...that would work, right?

NO IT WOULDNT....what happens when a DB picks up a fumble by the RB and while running it back has it stripped by the WR and the QB recovers it....yeah the QB recovery is less important then the DBs recovery...so lets award them points according to the Detlef Scoring System :wacko:

I will bet you any amount you want that I can any league that can be programmed to charge -2 for a fumble and +4 for a fumble recovery can be programmed to charge -2 for a fumble and +2 for a recovery. So. Go ahead and make another stupid comment about arguing with a wall, but that is precisely what I have been saying all along.

i know they can but the point you are missing is that you want to dictate those points due to a QB being able to recover his own fumble....and I am sayin if you are worried about that then you need to be able to break it out...again I guess I figured you would understand that but i guess not...if my previous post didnt do it foryou then well I guess I will go talk to my dog since she understands me better

i know they can but the point you are missing is that you want to dictate those points due to a QB being able to recover his own fumble....and I am sayin if you are worried about that then you need to be able to break it out...again I guess I figured you would understand that but i guess not...if my previous post didnt do it foryou then well I guess I will go talk to my dog since she understands me better

Very simple. One more time or let me talk to your dog because they're likely smarter.

Anyone who fumbles loses 2 pts.

Anyone who recovers a fumble gets 2 pts.

That means if you recover your own fumble, you get a net of zero points

If you lose a fumble and someone else recovers it, you lose a net of 2 pts

If you recover a fumble that someone else dropped, you get a net of 2 pts.

Now, I understand that it is worse for the team if your fumble is lost to the other team but Fantasy Football is not about the team, it's about the player. So, it is better to have a player lose the same amount whether their fumble is lost to the other team as if it is recovered by a teammate than it is to actually reward a player for... Please don't make me say it again.

Now, keep in mind, my league doesn't mess with this because my league doesn't have IDPs. So you lose points for lost fumbles and nothing else.

Very simple. One more time or let me talk to your dog because they're likely smarter.

Anyone who fumbles loses 2 pts.

Anyone who recovers a fumble gets 2 pts.

That means if you recover your own fumble, you get a net of zero points

If you lose a fumble and someone else recovers it, you lose a net of 2 pts

If you recover a fumble that someone else dropped, you get a net of 2 pts.

Now, I understand that it is worse for the team if your fumble is lost to the other team but Fantasy Football is not about the team, it's about the player. So, it is better to have a player lose the same amount whether their fumble is lost to the other team as if it is recovered by a teammate than it is to actually reward a player for... Please don't make me say it again.

Now, keep in mind, my league doesn't mess with this because my league doesn't have IDPs. So you lose points for lost fumbles and nothing else.

1st to the bold...wow I didnt know that you decided what scoring systems all leagues should have and if they dont coincide with what you perceive to be right then they are of course wrong and stupid.

[donetalkingtilliamblueintheface]

and again I say you are basing your 2 & -2 on your take of the QB lost/recover issue and I am saying that I am sure that isnt what leauges look at when deciding what the value of a RECOVERED fumble would be valued....

do your leagues have PPR? if so can you please tell me how I should assign reception points in my league? Do TEs get the same as RBs? As WRs? can I make them graduated or should I leave them the same? Or should I not have them at all....what does the great detlef scoring system say? [/donetalkingtilliamblueintheface]

Edited by keggerz

oh and fwiw in one of my leauges this is how we score it for OFFENSIVE PLAYERS:

Fumbles Lost (to Opponent) 0-99 -4 points each Test

Fumble Recoveries (from Opponent) 0-99 2 points each Test

and for DEFENSIVE PLAYERS:

Fumbles Lost (to Opponent) 0-99 -4 points each Test

Fumble Recoveries (from Opponent) 0-99 4 points each Test

1st to the bold...wow I didnt know that you decided what scoring systems all leagues should have and if they dont coincide with what you perceive to be right then they are of course wrong and stupid.

[donetalkingtilliamblueintheface]

and again I say you are basing your 2 & -2 on your take of the QB lost/recover issue and I am saying that I am sure that isnt what leauges look at when deciding what the value of a RECOVERED fumble would be valued....

do your leagues have PPR? if so can you please tell me how I should assign reception points in my league? Do TEs get the same as RBs? As WRs? can I make them graduated or should I leave them the same? Or should I not have them at all....what does the great detlef scoring system say? [/donetalkingtilliamblueintheface]

Like I said before, we have different standards. In my leagues, when it is pointed out that one of our scoring rules has an unintended consequence of rewarding bad play, we fix it. See, in my leagues, were the Fantasy bowl come down the wire and a team that was trailing by a point win the game because his QB fumbled the snap and then picked it up, we'd see to it that a game would not be decided that way.

However, like I said to hnl, it's his league. Of course, that's the beauty of these forums. I can think that your rule is completely stupid and then I can tell you that. You, of course, don't have to change it, but that doesn't change the fact that I think it is stupid. And that's all great. I would say, however, that it would be a whole lot more fun to argue with you if you would actually bother to respond to what I am arguing and not what you pretend I am arguing.

Good night now.

Like I said before, we have different standards. In my leagues, when it is pointed out that one of our scoring rules has an unintended consequence of rewarding bad play, we fix it. See, in my leagues, were the Fantasy bowl come down the wire and a team that was trailing by a point win the game because his QB fumbled the snap and then picked it up, we'd see to it that a game would not be decided that way.

However, like I said to hnl, it's his league. Of course, that's the beauty of these forums. I can think that your rule is completely stupid and then I can tell you that. You, of course, don't have to change it, but that doesn't change the fact that I think it is stupid. And that's all great. I would say, however, that it would be a whole lot more fun to argue with you if you would actually bother to respond to what I am arguing and not what you pretend I am arguing.

Good night now.

answer this question: do you feel that a fumble and fumble recovery points should be 2 and -2 instead of 4 and -2 because it could be a positive for a QB on what really is a bad play?

simple yes or no will do

Good night now.

your league is weak. you are playing watered-down FF. eventually you'll either have to grow up and go to a 6pt. TD and IDP or just keep playing little kids fantasy football. your knowledge is limited. and your trying to argue with people who know more than you and are more expirienced at FF.

if this were a wine tasting contest you'd be great fruity...but it's football, and your ridiculous position has exposed you as a novice. :wacko:

answer this question: do you feel that a fumble and fumble recovery points should be 2 and -2 instead of 4 and -2 because it could be a positive for a QB on what really is a bad play?

simple yes or no will do

Funny, all I've been asking you all along is a simple yes or no and you've failed to give me one. None the less, your question is not accurate.

The correct answer is that I think they should be the same because anyone QB, RB, WR, whatever position you want this is true. The entire play may be good or bad but the specific part of the play that included fumbling and then recovering their own fumble is almost never a positive. I say almost never because I have seen on very few occasions, far less often than it ends up as a bad thing that somehow the fumble and recovery creates a broken play opportunity that ends up working out for the offense the way a normal play wouldn't.

But, essentially, that is the essence of my point. That players should not be rewarded for fumbling and recovering their own. I think I made that abundantly clear.

your league is weak. you are playing watered-down FF. eventually you'll either have to grow up and go to a 6pt. TD and IDP or just keep playing little kids fantasy football. your knowledge is limited. and your trying to argue with people who know more than you and are more expirienced at FF.

if this were a wine tasting contest you'd be great fruity...but it's football, and your ridiculous position has exposed you as a novice. :wacko:

Now, for you. Listen, I have no issue with IDP. In fact, I would love to play in a league that scores it. For a number of reasons, up until this year, I was only in my old local league and it's hard enough to get any new rules at all in, let alone spring something like this. I just started another league around here with more friends. A few were rookies and we wanted to go easy on them so we've made it pretty boiler plate because, again, this is about friends having a reason to talk smack on Sundays. So great, use your IDP. I also suggest that you think enough to make sure that your rules don't have lame results.

As for 6 pts for TDs? Really? That's how the big boys do it? You've waded far past your depth there my boy. I can assure you that you are in the minority there. The rationale for passing TDs being worth less than others is very simple but it might be too complex for you. 25 TDs for a QB is no great feat. Nice? Yes, but nothing amazing. 25 TDs for a RB is huge and 25 for a WR is a new NFL record. It's all about scarcity my friend.

That I have challenged the fact that you are rewarding players for making bad plays and your comeback is that only pussilies don't give 6 pts for passing TDs says enough.

Funny, all I've been asking you all along is a simple yes or no and you've failed to give me one. None the less, your question is not accurate.

The correct answer is that I think they should be the same because anyone QB, RB, WR, whatever position you want this is true. The entire play may be good or bad but the specific part of the play that included fumbling and then recovering their own fumble is almost never a positive. I say almost never because I have seen on very few occasions, far less often than it ends up as a bad thing that somehow the fumble and recovery creates a broken play opportunity that ends up working out for the offense the way a normal play wouldn't.

But, essentially, that is the essence of my point. That players should not be rewarded for fumbling and recovering their own. I think I made that abundantly clear.

Now, for you. Listen, I have no issue with IDP. In fact, I would love to play in a league that scores it. For a number of reasons, up until this year, I was only in my old local league and it's hard enough to get any new rules at all in, let alone spring something like this. I just started another league around here with more friends. A few were rookies and we wanted to go easy on them so we've made it pretty boiler plate because, again, this is about friends having a reason to talk smack on Sundays. So great, use your IDP. I also suggest that you think enough to make sure that your rules don't have lame results.

As for 6 pts for TDs? Really? That's how the big boys do it? You've waded far past your depth there my boy. I can assure you that you are in the minority there. The rationale for passing TDs being worth less than others is very simple but it might be too complex for you. 25 TDs for a QB is no great feat. Nice? Yes, but nothing amazing. 25 TDs for a RB is huge and 25 for a WR is a new NFL record. It's all about scarcity my friend.

That I have challenged the fact that you are rewarding players for making bad plays and your comeback is that only pussilies don't give 6 pts for passing TDs says enough.

again your talking out of school because in my league you don't get any yardage points for QB's until you hit 200yds.(and 70yds for RB's and WR's) -that's right...big boy stuff...i never said i was'nt in the minority, on the contrary, i'm sure we are, because we pride ourselves in this league on REAL football knowledge... so, again, your league is weak. so you just " go easy"...and we'll go hard. no one's getting rewarded for bad plays, as i've explained over-and-over. so you enjoy your cookie-cutter league rookie, and leave the serious discussion to the adults.

( i thought you said goodnight)

Edited by hooknladder

again your talking out of school because in my league you don't get any yardage points for QB's until you hit 200yds.(and 70yds for RB's and WR's) -that's right...big boy stuff...i never said i was'nt in the minority, on the contrary, i'm sure we are, because we pride ourselves in this league on REAL football knowledge... so, again, your league is weak. so you just " go easy"...and we'll go hard. no one's getting rewarded for bad plays, as i've explained over-and-over. so you enjoy your cookie-cutter league rookie, and leave the serious discussion to the adults.

( i thought you said goodnight)

Sorry, can't resist. Big boy stuff eh? When you say 70 yds or more for RBs or WRs, do you mean combined? Or do you mean you don't get points unless you get 70 yds rushing or 70 yds receiving. Because, big boy, that doesn't test "football knowledge" that rewards random luck. See, if you score yardage the way most experts do, it doesn't matter how you get the yards.

Should a RB who gets 60 yds rushing and 60 yds receiving get nothing while a guy who gets 90 yds rushing but no catches get points? The first guy gained more yards. But with your antiquated scoring, he gets shut out. OK, say it is combined. It still rewards random luck. Two teams face off, most of their guys go off but both of their RB2s only manage a TD but neither gets 70 yds. Only, here's the deal, one guy got 10 carries for 15 yds and a TD, the other got 10 carries for 65 yds and a TD. Who had the better game? By your scoring, they were the same.

What about QBs rushing? If you need to get 70 yds, not a single one will ever earn you a point. However, if a QB gets 50 yds, that's pretty big. That means he likely improvised his way into a couple first downs for his team. Why no love? Not real enough for you?

So, for a guy who's thumping his chest about playing with the big boys, you seem pretty hell bent on having rules that don't really reward those who put the best team on the field.

Sorry, can't resist. Big boy stuff eh? When you say 70 yds or more for RBs or WRs, do you mean combined? Or do you mean you don't get points unless you get 70 yds rushing or 70 yds receiving. Because, big boy, that doesn't test "football knowledge" that rewards random luck. See, if you score yardage the way most experts do, it doesn't matter how you get the yards.

Should a RB who gets 60 yds rushing and 60 yds receiving get nothing while a guy who gets 90 yds rushing but no catches get points? The first guy gained more yards. But with your antiquated scoring, he gets shut out. OK, say it is combined. It still rewards random luck. Two teams face off, most of their guys go off but both of their RB2s only manage a TD but neither gets 70 yds. Only, here's the deal, one guy got 10 carries for 15 yds and a TD, the other got 10 carries for 65 yds and a TD. Who had the better game? By your scoring, they were the same.

What about QBs rushing? If you need to get 70 yds, not a single one will ever earn you a point. However, if a QB gets 50 yds, that's pretty big. That means he likely improvised his way into a couple first downs for his team. Why no love? Not real enough for you?

So, for a guy who's thumping his chest about playing with the big boys, you seem pretty hell bent on having rules that don't really reward those who put the best team on the field.

you messed that all up fancy-boy. remember i said 200yds for QB's? the yards are COMBINED. your leaving out alot.(such as receptions). and as you yourself said ALL scoring is flawed. you seem to respond aggressively without ever reading the facts of my post. your lack of understanding of my league scoring despite me explaining it to you at length pretty much negates 90% of your response.

QBs lost 45% of their fumbles last season Yahoo Sports Statistics

Fumbles Lost by Qbs = 156

Fumbles by QBs = 344

Percent Lost = 45.3%

Now, this does not mean Qbs recovered 55% of their wn fumbles, as I do not have the stats for fumbles recovered by QB, but, at least is some food for thought.

As a comparison, last year RBs lost 58.7% (91/155) and WRs lost 57.6% (49/85)

Thus far this season they have lost slightly more than 40%

Fumbles lost by QBs = 13

Fumbles by QBs = 32

Percent Lost - 40.6%

As a comparison, RBs have lost 35% of fumbles this year (7 of 20) and WRs have lost 45% (5 of 11)

Fumbles by QBs = 344

Percent Lost = 45.3%

Now, this does not mean Qbs recovered 55% of their wn fumbles, as I do not have the stats for fumbles recovered by QB, but, at least is some food for thought.

Fumbles lost by QBs = 13

Fumbles by QBs = 32

Percent Lost - 40.6%

As a comparison, RBs have lost 35% of fumbles this year (7 of 20) and WRs have lost 45% (5 of 11)

right. i agree. i'm sure the vast majority of those fumbles were NOT recovered by the QB. how many times have you seen a DL sack and cause the QB to fumble?...he, (the QB), almost never recovers., :wacko:

Detlef:

Fumbles by QBs = 344

Percent Lost = 45.3%

Fumbles lost by QBs = 13

Fumbles by QBs = 32

Percent Lost - 40.6%

Those are interesting stats. Keep in mind, that I'm not saying QBs always recover their own fumbles. Rather that it is not such an insanely rare occurance that it should be passed off as some crazy thing that's not worth figuring into.

So, I understand the scoring is in place because of IDP and the fact that QBs can actually net positive points for dropping the ball and picking it up is, say collateral damage. Right? I mean, certainly the rule wasn't put in place to make it an overall good thing for a QB to land on his own fumble as compared to not fumbling at all, right? It's all about the IDP.

So that would assume then that specific defensive players land on so many fumbles that the rare occurance of QBs landing on their own are rendered somewhat meaningless by comparison, right? I mean, this is a big picture thing, right?

OK, then explain this hook:

Week 1

2-17-GB30 (12:08) A.Rodgers FUMBLES (Aborted) at GB 33, and recovers at GB 30. A.Rodgers to GB 30 for no gain (K.Williams).

Week 2

(11:19) A.Rodgers FUMBLES (Aborted) at GB 20, and recovers at GB 20. A.Rodgers to GB 20 for no gain (D.White).

So, Aarron Rodgers has two recoveries of his own fumble this year He now has twice as many fumble recoveries as Patrick Willis did all of last year. Am I right to assume that Patrick Willis is a bonafide FF starter at linebacker?

OK, so maybe he's not among the leaders in fumble recoveries. This is true. Last year, 1 LB had 4, 4 had 3, and a bunch had 2. Now, many of those were random guys that aren't considered top 15 IDP players (at least by the huddle preseason rankings). Among the top FF LBs, only DeMarco Ryans had 3, Merriman and Urlacher each had 2. So, that means that Rodgers already has more fumble recoveries than all but 3 of the guys that most will be using as starter at LB and if he recovers one more of his own fumble he'll be tied for 1st. He also has as many fumble recoveries as all but 5 regardless of whether or not they're just some random player that nobody would start in FF.

Now, it seems that DLs get more, so he doesn't fare as well. Mind you, he doesn't fare much worse. 1 guy got 4, and 8 got 3. So, he's already top 10 and it's only week 2.

So, by virtue of dropping the ball and picking it up twice, A Rodgers has already netted his fantasy team as many points off fumbles in the first two weeks of the season as Patrick Willis (arguably one of the top IDP LBs) earned his fantasy team all of last year.

Doesn't really seem like such a fluke deal after all, does it.

Now, I'll give you this. Rodgers is a 1st year starter. He might be a bit of an abberation. Then again, he's already up there with last year's league leaders on D and it's only week 2. I actually took a quick look to for cumulative stats on specitic QB fumble recoveries from last year and didn't find anything.

Whatever.

I guess you should just go ahead and post your silly quote again if you have nothing to add.

Oh, and you still haven't explained why you're way better than the rest league sees a RB getting 60 yds as no better than a RB getting 1.

Edited by detlef

Detlef -

One small thing to consider with your latest argument - the QB is also losing 2 points for fumbling, so his net is 2 points while the IDP generally speaking is netting 4 points, so really the QB would need to recover twice as many of their own fumbles as the IDP player would need to recover of someone elses.

Most league setups I have seen only award fumble recoveries if they came from the opponent. So Rodgers, or any other offensive player, would not get points for recovering their own teams fumble. Willis would get points for recovering a Rodgers fumble. Now, Rodgers would get credit if he fumbled, Willis recovered and subsequently fumbled and then Rodgers fumbled. I know this scenario has played out in the past and it gets a little tricky to score when dealing with team defenses ratehr than IDP.

Obviously HNL's league has a unique setup in this regard (and yes, I am experienced in both IDP and non-IDP leagues)

Detlef -

One small thing to consider with your latest argument - the QB is also losing 2 points for fumbling, so his net is 2 points while the IDP generally speaking is netting 4 points, so really the QB would need to recover twice as many of their own fumbles as the IDP player would need to recover of someone elses.

Most league setups I have seen only award fumble recoveries if they came from the opponent. So Rodgers, or any other offensive player, would not get points for recovering their own teams fumble. Willis would get points for recovering a Rodgers fumble. Now, Rodgers would get credit if he fumbled, Willis recovered and subsequently fumbled and then Rodgers fumbled. I know this scenario has played out in the past and it gets a little tricky to score when dealing with team defenses ratehr than IDP.

Obviously HNL's league has a unique setup in this regard (and yes, I am experienced in both IDP and non-IDP leagues)

First off, let me say how nice it is to debate this with someone who knows his stuff.

None the less, for the record, I did take Rodgers -2 per into account when I compared him to Willis. Thus far, Rodgers has netted +4 (2x-2 and 2x+4) while Willis got a total of 1x+4.

Once again, I can't see why you couldn't award fumble recoveries for IDPs while not creating a situation where QBs (or anyone for that matter) would actually profit from what is rather undeniably something that no player wants to do and happens enough to matter, by simply making the points the same.

Were that the case, Rodgers would be at zero while Willis would have netted his team a positive for recovering someone else's fumble.

What amazes me more than anything else is that this simple solution has cause such a outrage. Again, considering that, at least from what I've seen, hooknladder's entire scoring system is wrought with rules that are random at best, downright inane at worst. I suppose I'm not surprised.

First off, let me say how nice it is to debate this with someone who knows his stuff.

None the less, for the record, I did take Rodgers -2 per into account when I compared him to Willis. Thus far, Rodgers has netted +4 (2x-2 and 2x+4) while Willis got a total of 1x+4.

Once again, I can't see why you couldn't award fumble recoveries for IDPs while not creating a situation where QBs (or anyone for that matter) would actually profit from what is rather undeniably something that no player wants to do and happens enough to matter, by simply making the points the same.

Were that the case, Rodgers would be at zero while Willis would have netted his team a positive for recovering someone else's fumble.

What amazes me more than anything else is that this simple solution has cause such a outrage. Again, considering that, at least from what I've seen, hooknladder's entire scoring system is wrought with rules that are random at best, downright inane at worst. I suppose I'm not surprised.

so now i don't know my stuff?? let's take it down a notch(it's a new day). this is really much more simple than you are making it out. the rules in our league are very fair and have been adjusted and tweaked many times over the years. again, your not rewarding his mistake. the vast majority of the time he will lose his fumble and be penalized. you can't really compare a LB to a QB. they can both recover fumbles, but LB's are MUCH less likely to lose points because of a fumble. the scenario of a player recovering his own fumble does not occur enough to warrent a special rule or to upset what the entire league agrees is carefully balanced scoring. so...if your guy fumbles and manages to recover, it's just a little bonus.....no big deal.

take that jab and :wacko::D

so now i don't know my stuff?? let's take it down a notch(it's a new day). this is really much more simple than you are making it out. the rules in our league are very fair and have been adjusted and tweaked many times over the years. again, your not rewarding his mistake. the vast majority of the time he will lose his fumble and be penalized. you can't really compare a LB to a QB. they can both recover fumbles, but LB's are MUCH less likely to lose points because of a fumble. the scenario of a player recovering his own fumble does not occur enough to warrent a special rule or to upset what the entire league agrees is carefully balanced scoring. so...if your guy fumbles and manages to recover, it's just a little bonus.....no big deal.

Truth be told, based on what I've seen, I honestly don't think you do. There are many guys here who's opinions I don't share and yet totally respect. You, on the other hand...

None the less, you said it yourself. You are giving bonuses for a guy basically screwing up and covering his ass over someone not screwing up to begin with. I've made it clear without a doubt that this happens far more often than you seem to think it does. In fact, it would not surprise me one bit that, were you to list the leaders in your fantasy league in fumbles recovered, you'd find QBs very well represented in the top 10. Further, based on the eyeball test, I would also not be at all surprised to find that the lion's share of those recoveries were covering up their own miscues.

Of course, once again, it's your league and you are certainly free to do as you like with it.

Truth be told, based on what I've seen, I honestly don't think you do. There are many guys here who's opinions I don't share and yet totally respect. You, on the other hand...

None the less, you said it yourself. You are giving bonuses for a guy basically screwing up and covering his ass over someone not screwing up to begin with. I've made it clear without a doubt that this happens far more often than you seem to think it does. In fact, it would not surprise me one bit that, were you to list the leaders in your fantasy league in fumbles recovered, you'd find QBs very well represented in the top 10. Further, based on the eyeball test, I would also not be at all surprised to find that the lion's share of those recoveries were covering up their own miscues.

Of course, once again, it's your league and you are certainly free to do as you like with it.

i think you like arguing more than you like football. i don't know what your basis is for saying i don't my stuff. your still playing team defense like a high-school kid. i doubt very seriously that you know more about football than me. i don't have all day to go back-and-forth with you today.(it really is like talking to a wall) i have to take my children to practice now...-but if your bound and determine to argue with me over a rule, in a league your not even in ,and know nothing about, i will try to make an effort to respond to your nonsense later.