[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Andre Johnson

BOARHOGZ

+1

Years i have him, he blows. Years i don't have him, he rips it up. I hate drafting WR's each year.

I watched it. And he looked out of shape to me, like a TE running around out there. Didn't look fast, wasn't really getting open short either.

Perhaps he's still working his way back into form after his latest knee surgery?

Don't want to jump the gun, but big WRs and knee injuries don't mix well...

I watched it. And he looked out of shape to me, like a TE running around out there. Didn't look fast, wasn't really getting open short either.

Perhaps he's still working his way back into form after his latest knee surgery?

that's not what i wanted to hear.

Andre Johnson was held to three catches for 38 yards against the Jags in Week 4.

Was Matt Schaub punishing his star receiver for dropping passes last week? It was more a matter of the Jags rolling coverage to Johnson and leaving the secondary receivers open underneath. Schaub succeeded by taking what was given instead of forcing the ball to Johnson. He's still a must-start against the Colts in Week 5.

:wacko:

The Jags did a good job in coverage, which allowed Walter and Daniels to get open on the shorter routes. It has nothing to do with injury, IMO.

:wacko:

The Jags did a good job in coverage, which allowed Walter and Daniels to get open on the shorter routes. It has nothing to do with injury, IMO.

I didn't write that it had to do with him being currently injured, if you could read.

I wrote that he could be still getting into shape after preseason knee surgery which forced him to miss much practice time (fact). And that it takes big WRs more time to recover from knee injuries--also contributing to his TE-like appearance (another fact). The surgery set him back. Whether you choose to acknowledge this or remain delusional is up to you.

Last year he would have destroyed the double team, Brandon Marshall style. This year he doesn't look explosive...

I didn't write that it had to do with him being currently injured, if you could read.

I wrote that he could be still getting into shape after preseason knee surgery which forced him to miss much practice time (fact). And that it takes big WRs more time to recover from knee injuries--also contributing to his TE-like appearance (another fact). The surgery set him back. Whether you choose to acknowledge this or remain delusional is up to you.

Last year he would have destroyed the double team, Brandon Marshall style. This year he doesn't look explosive...

:wacko: What's with the attitude?

there were times where he was obviously single-covered, but Schaub still didn't look his way. a couple times inside the ten yard line.

something's up. Johnson did drop two or three last week when Schaub was struggling. i get the feeling that once Johnson makes one or two nice grabs for Schaub that things will get back to normal. until then, Walters is giving Schaub reason to look his way.

I didn't say anything about a current injury either, I also was talking about the preseason scope that he had to clean up his knee. I really don't get the TE comparison though. Sure he is a big WR, but he is still running downfield routes. :wacko: Pittsburg game he got plenty of looks, although they were garbage time looks. The Tennessee game he still got looks, but unfortunately dropped some balls. So we are basically talking about 1 game where he didnt explode. I am just saying that because he didnt blow up in that game, it may not necessarily be due to any lingering effects from the scope.

there were times where he was obviously single-covered, but Schaub still didn't look his way. a couple times inside the ten yard line.

something's up. Johnson did drop two or three last week when Schaub was struggling. i get the feeling that once Johnson makes one or two nice grabs for Schaub that things will get back to normal. until then, Walters is giving Schaub reason to look his way.

I agree. I would say it has as much to do with Schaubs confidence (in himself and AJ) as it does with Johnson being doubled. Much easier to throw the safe underneath stuff than to let 'er rip downfield. Schaub had a little more time to throw this week than the first two games, but it still wasn't great by any means. Johnson will be fine, I just don't think it has much to do with him having his knee scoped in the preseason.