[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Stupid business owners

driveby

I'm convinced that some business owners are idiots and are doomed to failure. Here's why.

For years we've been going to a sports bar to watch college and pro football and college basketball. Over the summer the owner of the bar got into a dispute with the landlord and closed. :D Since then we've been looking for a new place to watch the games.

Sunday we went to a place that called itself a "pub" but they had NFL Ticket so we stopped in. It was about 15 minutes before kick-off (11:45 local time). In the bar at the time were the owner, the bartender, myself, my wife and 2 other people. There were 5 tv's over the bar itself and 4 big screens set up in the 4 corners of the establishment. I asked the owner if he could but the Packer game on one of the TV's. He said he could - probably on one of the tv's over the bar. :D I would have preferred one of the big screens but I figured he must have them reserved for an expected group of regulars so I didn't push it. I then asked him if he could put the Brewer game on one of the small tv's over the bar as well. He said which game did I want to watch and I said both. He gave me a look and said he's see what he could do.

Now it's noon and the games are getting ready to start. There are now 4 other people in the bar and nobody watching the games on any of the big screens. :D And the Brewer game is not on a TV.

Well, let's grab a bite to eat and just make the best of it I say. We ask for a menu and are told they don't serve food. :wacko: No frozen pizza, no sandwiches, not even any salty snacks. (But they do have steak night on Mondays :D )

We leave and drive to another sports bar, which is actually busy and ask if they can put on the Packer and Brewer games. They say sure and find us a spot where we can see two TV's, put the Packer game on one and the Brewer game on the other. The owner even comes over with Windex and a rag, climbs on a table and cleans off one of the tv's so we can see better. We order food and will go back and bring along the other sports fans we know who are also looking for a nice place to watch the games.

I figure between myself, my wife and all our other sports fan friends, owner 1 cost himself hundreds if not thousands of dollars in business the rest of the season simply by not flipping a switch. :D

He may have lost your business, but he gets to keep Zima off the menu.

Side note, there has been a controversial alderman in Green Bay for a very long time whose name is Guy Zima (pronounced zi-ma) and I think of him when that name is said.

It's hard to find good barkeeps. I would work and work at my tavern, soon as I would leave the bartender would get some power trip and treat the customers like crap. Come in the next day and have all my regulars mad because of the night before. I fired many a bartender over stuff like that, but in most cases the damage is done and those customers are lost.

There's a reputation thing here. If people walk in and see Wisconsin sports on the TV... the bar starts to get a bad reputation.

He may have lost your business, but he gets to keep Zima off the menu.

Says the Coors drinking Broncos fan. :wacko:

Shows what you know.

Old people from Wisconsin drink PBR and young people from Wisconsin drink Leinenkugel's.

Says the Coors drinking Broncos fan. :D

Shows what you know.

Old people from Wisconsin drink PBR and young people from Wisconsin drink Leinenkugel's.

:wacko: that chit tastes like Old Dogswakee......Killed several cheap longneck Indians when I was trappin in Minnesota :D