[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Somebody Pinch Me

i_am_the_swammi

Cowboys lose to Arizona

Redskins lose to the winless St. Louis Rams

Giants lose to the winless Cleveland Browns

The Eagles win and make up a full game on the entire division to jump back into the thick of it.

3-0 in my three fantasy leagues, with the biggest being a 1.8 point win over my opponent who started the Giants defense....which got blanked!

And after tonight, amazingly, our Phils are a game away from the World Series!!

Not too often I've had a chance to say this, but its damn fun being a Philly sports fan right now :wacko:

Not too often I've had a chance to say this, but its damn fun being a Philly sports fan right now :wacko:

I love it when Philly sports fans get their hopes up. It makes the inevitable agony of defeat so much worse.

I love it when Philly sports fans get their hopes up. It makes the inevitable agony of defeat so much worse.

Not so much our hopes up...just a fun weekend of enjoying our rivals lose, and our Phils & Ealges win. Like I said, it doesn't all come together like that around here too often.

That being said, it was indeed especially fun to see the Giants taken apart like a jigsaw puzzle by the hapless Browns...as well as the Redskins implode on their home field against an even worse Rams team. The cake, though, was the Cowboys fighting their way back from all odds in the final three minutes, only see see them make history by becoming the first team ever to have an OT punt blocked for a game-winning TD.

You can't write that stuff.

Great week of ball. No sh1t started Jaque Parker in my IDP off the waivers. I can watch that play over and over, just like Victorino slamming that ball to give the Phils the edge tonight. One game from the World series. Thats amazing. Eagles going into the bye after a freak NFC East weekend feels good. Here's to hoping Westy's ribs are feeling better in 2 weeks.

Hey swamm, Congrats on the FF win's gotta feel good about that.

Now go to your Window, open it up, take a good look, and a deep breath........

Concider yourself pinched......................Always happy to help out, especially after my Boys losing in historic fashion and losing in fantasy football after digging the one and only player off my bench to ensure I lose by .40 of a point and move out of first. :wacko:

Not so much our hopes up...just a fun weekend of enjoying our rivals lose, and our Phils & Ealges win. Like I said, it doesn't all come together like that around here too often.

That being said, it was indeed especially fun to see the Giants taken apart like a jigsaw puzzle by the hapless Browns...as well as the Redskins implode on their home field against an even worse Rams team. The cake, though, was the Cowboys fighting their way back from all odds in the final three minutes, only see see them make history by becoming the first team ever to have an OT punt blocked for a game-winning TD.

You can't write that stuff.

You forgot to add that Romo got hurt in overtime in a game that they lost anyway. Not happy that Romo got hurt, but in a way, it's a fitting end.

I also ended up the extremely rare 7-0 in my fantasy leagues. I could play another 10 years and never experience that again. I will try to hold onto this weekend as a Philly fan and fantasy junkie, but I know it will end in disappointment somewhere...

• 2 weeks later...
:wacko:

I'll be honest, I'm torn. A lot of my friends, including the two best men at my wedding are die-hard Phillies fans. You would think that would make me root for the Phillies, but, in the world of sports, it doesn't work this way. I've always rooted against them, as I didn't want my fans to have bragging rights on me. On the other side of the coin, my 82 year-old Grandfather is also a die-hard Phillies fan, and his years are likely running short. I'd hate to lose all of my Philadelphia can't win championship jokes, but, I think deep down, I'll be rooting for the Phillies for my Grandfather, but, if they lose, there is some good that comes out of that too. :D

I do love baseball, and think this is going to a great series. The Rays story is an amazing one, and the Phillies haven't won since 1980. It should be fun to watch.

Congrats to the Phillies fans. The one great thing about having to suffer for so many years is that it feels that much better when it finally happens. They certainly deserve it. Enjoy it, as you never know when it will happen again. :wacko::D